X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like it'll be a fun read!

Comment

Excellent! I love the adventure based stuff. The humor was such a huge part of why I loved Stargate in the first place. I do like the darker tone the series' eventually got to but I still enjoy a chance to revisit that fun.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Glad to hear that the books are still going at least as I'd thought they'd stopped sometime ago when I stopped seeing them in bookstores (what I get for not keeping better ties on Gateworld I suppose).

timdalton007

Comment

Hello! I've just posted an extract from one of the short stories in STARGATE: Homeworlds over on our Facebook page. It's Susannah Parker Sinard's SG-1 story "In Passing..."

Hope you enjoy it - love to know what you think!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I've really missed new Stargate so I'm glad I'm about to get a new fix. Feels as Stargate as ever.
            sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed the short story extract. Hoping I'll be able to pick a physical copy of the anthology when it comes out. Nice to have some new Stargate to experience.

timdalton007

Comment

The Kindle edition is already out. Just sayin'.............
                Keith R.A. DeCandido
                [email protected]
                www.decandido.net
                decandido.wordpress.com
                Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Update email is out

Fandemonium logo long.jpg
                  Gather 'round the 'gate

Dear Stargate fan,

It’s been a while since our last update, so we have lots to tell you this time.
                  First of all, our latest collection of short stories is now available for order. STARGATE: Homeworlds brings together the talents of eight popular Stargate Novels authors – as well as introducing two new faces. Barbara Ellisor and Ron Francis are Stargate fans who won a short story competition held at last September’s GateCon fan convention in Vancouver. We’re delighted to be including their stories in our latest anthology.

SGX-05 STARGATE SG-1 ATLANTIS Homeworlds coverSTARGATE: Homeworlds

In our third volume of Traveler’s Tales short stories, journey with Teyla Emmagan to the ruined city of her ancestors or travel with Sam Carter as she returns Selmak’s remains to the Tok’ra. Join John Sheppard as he guides the Atlantis team through the streets of New York City, or follow SG-1’s gate-hopping pursuit of an escaped mass-murderer...

STARGATE: Homeworlds is packed with action, adventure and humor in ten short stories penned by ten fantastic authors.

• Melissa Scott • Jo Graham • Keith R.A. DeCandido • Susannah Parker Sinard • Aaron Rosenberg • Amy Griswold • Suzanne Wood • Geonn Cannon • Barbara Ellisor • Ron Francis

E-book available for order now and out in paperback soon!

Kindle edition: Amazon.com
                  Non-Kindle formats coming to Crossroad Press soon.
                  Print editions will soon be available from our website as well as Amazon US and Amazon UK.
                  Up next…

STARGATE SG-1: Behind Enemy Lines (novella) by Sally Malcolm

If you’ve ever wondered what happened when the O’Neill clone from season seven’s Fragile Balance grew up, this is your chance to find out.

Following on from Sally’s short story Off Balance (first published in STARGATE: Far Horizons but also included with the novella), Behind Enemy Lines finds O’Neill’s clone in trouble and needing his old friends to help him out. But with the IOA on his case, what does the future hold for a Jack O’Neill who no longer has a home in the Stargate program? Available summer 2017

Out and about...

London Film and Comic Con: 28-30 July 2017

Richard Dean Anderson will be at the London Film and Comic Con this year – and so will Fandemonium Books! We’ll have copies of our latest releases, including STARGATE SG-1: Hall of the Two Truths and STARGATE: Homeworlds. Plus Sally Malcolm – author of the STARGATE Apocalypse series – will be there signing copies of her books, so come along and say hi. We’d love to see you!

Coming soon…

STARGATE SG-1: Female of the Species – Geonn Cannon
                  With their very different personalities clashing, Colonel Sam Carter and Vala Mal Doran have to find a way to work together to escape the notorious prison Viaxeiro Caldera in this season ten adventure. Available fall 2017.

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Pride of the Genii – Melissa Scott
                  Set in the STARGATE Legacy universe, there’s trouble afoot for Colonel Sheppard’s team when the Genii’s Ancient cruiser, The Pride of the Genii, goes missing. Amid secrets and lies, the Atlantis team must discover the truth if they’re to escape with their lives… Available winter 2017/18

STARGATE SG-1: Within - Susannah Sinard
                  While the Entity decides which member of SG-1 to possess (season four’s Entity), it reviews the team’s mission reports. What it learns about a recent mission, in which SG-1 is captured by a Goa’uld whose host is able to suppress the symbiote, makes its decision to possess Major Carter inevitable… Available spring 2018

STARGATE ATLANTIS: From the Depths (novella) – Amy Griswold
                  Dr Weir finds herself embroiled in a sensitive diplomatic negotiation when the Atlantis team discovers a species of sentient undersea life living in the waters around Atlantis. Eager to help the creatures return to their home world, the Atlantis team’s mission runs into trouble when they find a hostile Genii base on the creature’s planet… Available summer 2018

A note about STARGATE SG-1: The Many and the Few by Diana Botsford
                  Many readers have asked about this title, which has been delayed by the author’s ill-health. Diana is still working on the manuscript when she can and we look forward to publishing it in due course. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes for Diana.

Comment

I managed to pick up a copy of Homeworlds at London Film and Comic Con. Looking forward to cracking it open!
                    sigpic

Comment

Lucky you! I hope the release the paperback soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        I managed to pick up a copy of Homeworlds at London Film and Comic Con. Looking forward to cracking it open!
                        Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                        Lucky you! I hope the release the paperback soon
                        Me, too.

I've been in the mood lately for new Stargate stories (probably due to the Origins announcement) and have been making my way through the short story anthologies. Finished the first volume and I'm now over half-way through the second. Hopefully, the third volume is released soon in paperback and I'm able to dive into those once the volume two stories have been exhausted.

So far, the stories have been uniformly excellent in both volumes. Peter Evans' stories in each anthology have made me a huge fan of his work. I ordered Angelus already and plan to order Oceans of Dust in the coming weeks, based purely on the strength of his writing in these two volumes. I think he has a story in volume three, as well, and I'm anxious to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                          Me, too.

I've been in the mood lately for new Stargate stories (probably due to the Origins announcement) and have been making my way through the short story anthologies. Finished the first volume and I'm now over half-way through the second. Hopefully, the third volume is released soon in paperback and I'm able to dive into those once the volume two stories have been exhausted.

So far, the stories have been uniformly excellent in both volumes. Peter Evans' stories in each anthology have made me a huge fan of his work. I ordered Angelus already and plan to order Oceans of Dust in the coming weeks, based purely on the strength of his writing in these two volumes. I think he has a story in volume three, as well, and I'm anxious to read it!
                          I have not read most of the anthology stories yet. I need to pick them. I read bot Angelus and Oceans of Dust. I will be curious about what you think of them. I wish I could say I enjoyed them, but I just didn't especially OoD. But that is just me. However I am curious to see how his short stories are now that you say they were pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                            I have not read most of the anthology stories yet. I need to pick them. I read bot Angelus and Oceans of Dust. I will be curious about what you think of them. I wish I could say I enjoyed them, but I just didn't especially OoD. But that is just me. However I am curious to see how his short stories are now that you say they were pretty good.
                            Sorry to hear you didn't care for either of Evans' novels. I should also note that my personal taste in stories is why I enjoyed his short stories in particular from the anthologies. Both of Evans' Stargate short stories that I've read so far could easily be categorized as horror, in tone and subject matter. They're both definitely still Stargate: Atlantis stories and the characters don't behave in uncharacteristic ways to the canon versions, but they feature creepy atmospheres and disturbing imagery. So, they work as SG: A stories and are effective as scary stories, too. If they were episodes of the TV series, they would make great installments to air close to Halloween time.

I'm a big horror fan and that's probably why I was delighted by these two stories so much. However, if scary stories or literature isn't your cup of tea, then you may not enjoy these tales as much as I did. If you do dig horror, then you're in for a real treat.

Comment

I finished reading Homeworlds yesterday and aside from Aaron Rosenberg's short (and I remember disliking his full length novel too) I really enjoyed the book! Really flew through all the shorts and now I'm going to go through withdrawal waiting for another book!
                              sigpic

Comment

According to their twitter feed the next novella will be up for preorder soon

Comment

Working...
                                X