This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
    Wow. Better experience than I had. I ordered a bunch back when Transisions came out, and because something happened with the printing it took a long time for it to arrive, so I pretty much gave up on the print books, and bought the missing books in ebook format. I'd prefer the print, but having the collection on ebook format saves room on my collapsing book shelves.
    By the time I'm done with these, I'll have both the print versions and the ebook ones (I already have all of the latter). I've never been much on gathering collections of anything, but I like having a collection of these.

Comment

Just finished Moebius Squared. It was okay; it was a good concept though I found the whole twist with 'junior' to be just a little too contrived as was the maguffin with the Tokra which kicked the whole story off.

The parts with the alternate team in Egypt were really good, so much so that I kind of lost interest slightly when the 'real' team showed up - in fact I wouldn't have minded the whole story being just about that team.

I liked the way authors managed to integrate aspects from stargate 'history' into the story however at times I felt the book meandered a bit and a little too much time was spent on uninteresting or redundant plot points and characters.

All in all it was a good read but I felt it could have done with some tighter editing to make it really good.

3.5 out of 5 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
        Just finished Moebius Squared. It was okay; it was a good concept though I found the whole twist with 'junior' to be just a little too contrived as was the maguffin with the Tokra which kicked the whole story off.

The parts with the alternate team in Egypt were really good, so much so that I kind of lost interest slightly when the 'real' team showed up - in fact I wouldn't have minded the whole story being just about that team.

I liked the way authors managed to integrate aspects from stargate 'history' into the story however at times I felt the book meandered a bit and a little too much time was spent on uninteresting or redundant plot points and characters.

All in all it was a good read but I felt it could have done with some tighter editing to make it really good.

3.5 out of 5 for me.
        Spoiler:
        I found the symmetry of Egeria being inspired by Teal'c, whose very being values freedom above all else, inspiring. Because of Teal'c she, and all Tokra who come after her would die rather than take an unwilling host. And all time travel sci-fi deals with self-fulfilling paradoxes - (remember on Mayborn's planet the prophecies of freedom were of SG-1?) Plus, it's really cool that the arogant Tokra owe their very existence to SG-1. For that, I gave it 5 stars.

Although, being a Shipper! I would have liked to have seen a wee bit more intensity to the alternate S/J relationship. They are definitely mated and even have a child, but I thought it was not portrayed the way most relationships (with so much danger and risk to their lives) would be shown. Don't get me wrong, that was not, nor should it have been, the focus of the story; but it seemed there was more intensity depicted in Teal'c and Aset's relationship than S/J. As usual, it seems there's a fear of alienating certain fans which should not be the case since this is alternate S/J from Moebius.

I gave it 5 stars
        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Just finally got around to reading Moebius Squared a few days ago and wow, what a good read! That was some damn fine SG-1! I really thought the Tok'ra would be saved from extinction though. Kind of like how it appeared the Asgard would be after Roswell...

and just an FYI, I just started listening to the first season 3 trilogy from Big Finish and it is excellent. Highly recommended!

Comment

HELP!!!

Does anyone know of a UK supplier of the Stargate novels as hard copies? I have tried both Forbidden Planet and Waterstones yet neither have or are planning to get Diana B's The Drift. The rep in FP even said Stargate is a discontinuing line due for them due to low demand.

I would really like to source a copy without having to pay a lot in postage for it.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
              HELP!!!

Does anyone know of a UK supplier of the Stargate novels as hard copies? I have tried both Forbidden Planet and Waterstones yet neither have or are planning to get Diana B's The Drift. The rep in FP even said Stargate is a discontinuing line due for them due to low demand.

I would really like to source a copy without having to pay a lot in postage for it.
              I'm taking it you don't have an eReader of any sort? The Drift is available as an ebook on Kindle and Nook.
              sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
              Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
              Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
              Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Does anyone know when "Ouroboros" will be released?

Comment

Thunderbird 2,

Is buying the book directly from Fandemoniun not an option?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    Thunderbird 2,

Is buying the book directly from Fandemoniun not an option?
                    Thanks LightS, I had a look, but it will now have to wait till budget permits. I now understand why I couldn't find it offline, its a print on demand only book.

DancerChick, - I have a Kobo E-reader but as with Roswell and Exogenesis I prefer a physical hardcopy of the book I can keep. I'm in the habit of downloading free classics to the E-reader.
                    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Does anyone know when "Ouroboros" will be released?
                      According to Melissa Scott's livejournal next summer possibly. http://mescott.livejournal.com/?skip=10

Comment

Yeah, they went print on demand during the legacy series I believe. A little more expensive now but like you I prefer to have a paper copy as that is how I purchased all of the others before they started doing ebooks.

Comment

Wow, that's a long dry spell with no new stargate books...

Comment

Has there even been any word as to whether or not they are going to continue the Stargate books?

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                              Has there even been any word as to whether or not they are going to continue the Stargate books?
                              No, not yet.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

It is worry some. Usually we know of he next 4 or 5 releases, now we only have one...

Comment

Working...
                                X