This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Well, if you eventually feel like ordering them, you can buy used books on Barnes & Noble for considerably less than brand new books. I notice that they have several of them for less than $2.00. They are described as in "Good" condition, or "Acceptable" condition, so you can choose how "used" you want them.

And I heartily agree about "Valhalla" and "Power Behind the Throne".

I may convert my whole collection to ebook. But it's harder for me to do it all to print. The books are harder to find here, and ordering from the US or UK I have to factor in shipping costs, and then it starts to get ridiculous.

Interesting about Valhalla and The Power Behind the Throne. What made them so horrible?
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
      I may convert my whole collection to ebook. But it's harder for me to do it all to print. The books are harder to find here, and ordering from the US or UK I have to factor in shipping costs, and then it starts to get ridiculous.

Interesting about Valhalla and The Power Behind the Throne. What made them so horrible?
      I haven't read Valhalla, but PBT was just.... I don't even know where to start. This is a review of it that covers everything: http://www.geekspeakmagazine.com/arc...the_throne.htm
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        I haven't read Valhalla, but PBT was just.... I don't even know where to start. This is a review of it that covers everything: http://www.geekspeakmagazine.com/arc...the_throne.htm
        That review makes me laugh so much; and I totally agree with everything it says. That book was absolutely awful. Those are the kinds of mistakes I would expect from a bad fanfiction writer, not not not! someone getting paid to write a tie-in novel! Don't they have anyone proof-read this stuff?
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          That review makes me laugh so much; and I totally agree with everything it says. That book was absolutely awful. Those are the kinds of mistakes I would expect from a bad fanfiction writer, not not not! someone getting paid to write a tie-in novel! Don't they have anyone proof-read this stuff?
          I admit, that one baffles me!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Ironically MGM is supposed to be proofing the books before they are published. That's what holds up so many of the releases. Who knows how much the proofreaders there know about Stargate though..

Comment

Oi! That's bad. Scary bad. Push to the back of my TBR pile bad and pretend it doesn't exist. I'm guessing the second and third books of the trilogy won't be happening?

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
              Ironically MGM is supposed to be proofing the books before they are published. That's what holds up so many of the releases. Who knows how much the proofreaders there know about Stargate though..
              From what I can gather as long as long as it is close to what was on the show it gets throw. They seem to have a list of who can't die,( without coming back by the end that is, because it wouldn't be Stargate without Daniel dying a few more times), and what can happen to characters in regards to relationships, anything goes.

Comment

Oi! That's bad. Scary bad. Push to the back of my TBR pile bad and pretend it doesn't exist. I'm guessing the second and third books of the trilogy won't be happening?
                No, they're not. They were replaced by Heart's Desire and Ouroboros in the schedule.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

No, they're not. They were replaced by Heart's Desire and Ouroboros in the schedule.
                  Good to hear. Ouroboros sounds interesting, but now I have to play the waiting game.

Comment

Good to hear. Ouroboros sounds interesting, but now I have to play the waiting game.
                    It's a really interesting premise. And the next one out is Moebius Squared.
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

What's the premise for Ouroboros?

Comment

What's the premise for Ouroboros?
                        SG-1 finds one of Janus' devices that they think will open a gate to Atlantis. (This is season eight, when the Atlantis expedition is missing.) Only it opens a gate to an AU Atlantis instead, trapping Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c in the Pegasus Galaxy where everything is awry from how it is in our universe -- Colonel Sumner is in charge of the Atlantis Expedition, Elizabeth has been killed, John is missing, etc. SG-1 has to figure out how to get home and maybe fix this mess before they go.
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

That's sounds like a good read.

Comment

It's a really interesting premise. And the next one out is Moebius Squared.
                            I'm looking forward to Moebius Squared. Finally another book with Cam!

That's sounds like a good read.
                            Agreed! Now there's another book to look forward to.

Comment

I just finished reading Four Drgons. It's a good book but I wonder who else feels as I do about... ?

SPOILERS AHEAD AND I HAVE NO SPOILER ICON.

Wait, I can't do it I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. How do you post text in spoilers? There used to be a cute icon with it's hand over its eyes that I could click but it's no longer offered.
                              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                                I just finished reading Four Drgons. It's a good book but I wonder who else feels as I do about... ?

SPOILERS AHEAD AND I HAVE NO SPOILER ICON.

Wait, I can't do it I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. How do you post text in spoilers? There used to be a cute icon with it's hand over its eyes that I could click but it's no longer offered.
                                You can post spoilers by writing out:

[spoilers ] your text [/spoilers]

without the gap in the first bracket.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X