This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mindwarped View Post
    KOBO reads epubs so you can get your books from http://store.crossroadpress.com/
    I know, but side loading ebooks is a pain. I'll wait for now.

I just finished The Barque of Heaven, I really enjoyed it, but having trouble placing it in season 3. I'm guessing around episode 8 or 9 it takes place?
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
      I know, but side loading ebooks is a pain. I'll wait for now.

I just finished The Barque of Heaven, I really enjoyed it, but having trouble placing it in season 3. I'm guessing around episode 8 or 9 it takes place?
      That would be a fair assessment, though I thought it would have made more sense in season 4. That's just me.
      sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
      Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
      Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
      Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by DancerChick1982 View Post
        That would be a fair assessment, though I thought it would have made more sense in season 4. That's just me.
        Oh I agree. Team dynamics and knowledge of the stargate universe and what not were at the level of season 4. If it weren't for Shar're being alive I would have placed it early season 4. Still one of my favourite SG1 novels so far.

Comment

Oh I agree. Team dynamics and knowledge of the stargate universe and what not were at the level of season 4. If it weren't for Shar're being alive I would have placed it early season 4. Still one of my favourite SG1 novels so far.
          Indeed, it was definitely one of the strongest and most addictive novel. When I finished it, I pounded my first on my bed and scared the crap out of my brother and sister-in-law's 2-year-old female Yorkie!
          sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
          Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
          Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
          Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by DancerChick1982 View Post
            Indeed, it was definitely one of the strongest and most addictive novel. When I finished it, I pounded my first on my bed and scared the crap out of my brother and sister-in-law's 2-year-old female Yorkie!
            I didn't get the same reaction as you, but it was a good book. I think Matter of Honour/Cost of Honour and Roswell are the only SG-1 books that beat it for my favourites .... so far.

Comment

I didn't get the same reaction as you, but it was a good book. I think Matter of Honour/Cost of Honour and Roswell are the only SG-1 books that beat it for my favourites .... so far.
              I'm in agreement with this. I enjoyed Barque of Heaven, but didn't think it was the same level of the Honor books or Roswell, and maybe Survival of the Fittest.

Comment

I think my two favorites were the Honor ones. Though I also liked Sunrise and Heart's Desire and Roswell a lot!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

You guys should give "Hydra" a second chance. I just re-read it and have ranked it 5 stars right along with the "Honor" books. A lot of people complained about it's narrative jumping back in forth in time, but it mostly jumps back and forth over a period of three days. I'm re-reading Four Dragons (before starting The Drift) and Four Dragons hops around just as much as Hydra. No other book catches Jack's snarkiness the way this one does. In most SG-1 books, Jack's humor feels a bit forced for the sake of trying too hard to throw in an O'Neill-ism. The trick to enjoying Hydra is to make it past the first chapter so that you understand (the very good reason) why the team seems OFC in that first chapter. If you've read the book already, now that you know the reason for the OFC-ness, you'll be able to appreciate just how well this author knows the characters and how well written the story is.
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I have so many SG-1 books to read next I don't know where to start. It's a big tie between Hydra, Survival of the Fittest, Four Dragons, and Oceans of Dust. I may just read Sacrifice Moon, just to save me from choosing between the other four. Because I can't decide between them, and have heard good things about them. Hmm.

Comment

Just a suggestion - why not rea d them in published order? Or, by the season/episode they take place in order?

Comment

Many reasons, many of which are because I'm slightly neurotic when it comes to reading my books. Main reason is because some books are in print and others are in ebook form, which at the moment, I can't only access on iPad apps. Sometimes I don't want to haul the iPad around (especially on train ride to work). So the format influences my choice.

Comment

Makes sense. I'm hooked on my Kindle and repurchased all the sg-1 books I'd already bought in paperback, but it bothers me that now that I'm reading only on Kindle, the paperback collection sits incomplete..

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                            Makes sense. I'm hooked on my Kindle and repurchased all the sg-1 books I'd already bought in paperback, but it bothers me that now that I'm reading only on Kindle, the paperback collection sits incomplete..
                            You can always order a "paperback on demand" from the Stargate Novels site. It might take awhile to get them, but that way you could have a complete set.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              You can always order a "paperback on demand" from the Stargate Novels site. It might take awhile to get them, but that way you could have a complete set.
                              Yeah, I know, but I feel guilty enough that I re-bought the books just to have on kindle. I love that all my books are condensed in one place and when I move, I no longer have several boxes that big strong guys can barely lift! Now that I'm "retired", I can't justify the duplicative expense just over my wanting the holes in the paperback collection filled. The only two books that I have not re-purchased for kindle are Valhalla and Power Behind the Throne. Both so awful that I refuse to fill the hole on my kindle collection (bugs me not to but they were SO awful that I don't want to encourage Fandimonium to publish/reward that type of c--p!

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                                Yeah, I know, but I feel guilty enough that I re-bought the books just to have on kindle. I love that all my books are condensed in one place and when I move, I no longer have several boxes that big strong guys can barely lift! Now that I'm "retired", I can't justify the duplicative expense just over my wanting the holes in the paperback collection filled. The only two books that I have not re-purchased for kindle are Valhalla and Power Behind the Throne. Both so awful that I refuse to fill the hole on my kindle collection (bugs me not to but they were SO awful that I don't want to encourage Fandimonium to publish/reward that type of c--p!
                                Well, if you eventually feel like ordering them, you can buy used books on Barnes & Noble for considerably less than brand new books. I notice that they have several of them for less than $2.00. They are described as in "Good" condition, or "Acceptable" condition, so you can choose how "used" you want them.

And I heartily agree about "Valhalla" and "Power Behind the Throne".

Comment

Working...
                                X