This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Ehh, Jack only narrates 2 or 3 chapters. Most are from the point of view of Daniel or Sam, and I personally felt that Jack got forgotten about quite a bit in this book.
    It’s four, actually.

Daniel gets six, Sam seven, Teal’c gets two and the remaining four are viewpointed by other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper
      Ehh, Jack only narrates 2 or 3 chapters. Most are from the point of view of Daniel or Sam, and I personally felt that Jack got forgotten about quite a bit in this book.
      And nobody "narrates" any of it. The story is simply told from the point of view of the particular character.

Originally posted by Paresthesiac View Post
      It’s four, actually.

Daniel gets six, Sam seven, Teal’c gets two and the remaining four are viewpointed by other characters.
      To be fair, Jack is included in most of Daniel's six chapters, since they are paired up throughout most of the book.
      Last edited by hedwig; 24 June 2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Amazon has pushed Oceans of Dust paperback, back again. Now it says September 16. Are paperbacks even going to be printed anymore besides on demand? I am wondering if it is even worth pre-ordering the books anymore. I have been tied up with this book for almost a year now I think in pre-ordering. I finally gave in and got the ebook.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
          Amazon has pushed Oceans of Dust paperback, back again. Now it says September 16. Are paperbacks even going to be printed anymore besides on demand? I am wondering if it is even worth pre-ordering the books anymore. I have been tied up with this book for almost a year now I think in pre-ordering. I finally gave in and got the ebook.
          Stargate Novels has already had it out for a week or so. I've bought most of my SG books there and have always had good experiences with them.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Also, has there been any more news about "Heart's Desire?" I got an email a few days ago from StargateNovels.com which said that "Heart's Desire" would be out next month, but it seems like very little has been said about this one (beyond the plot teaser). Has the cover artwork even been released?
            sigpic
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Also, has there been any more news about "Heart's Desire?" I got an email a few days ago from StargateNovels.com which said that "Heart's Desire" would be out next month, but it seems like very little has been said about this one (beyond the plot teaser). Has the cover artwork even been released?
              Heart's Desire is through the MGM first review and is back for final approval. So about a month I think. I read this one as a prereader, and I really enjoyed it a lot! It's set third season, not long after Sha're's death, and so you can probably guess what Daniel's heart's desire is! Also there are airship pirates!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                Heart's Desire is through the MGM first review and is back for final approval. So about a month I think. I read this one as a prereader, and I really enjoyed it a lot! It's set third season, not long after Sha're's death, and so you can probably guess what Daniel's heart's desire is! Also there are airship pirates!
                Oooh, this sounds like it could be right up my alley, what with Daniel and Sha're and airship pirates et al!

I'm generally very wary of the Fandemonium books since I have a strong aversion to any Jack/Sam but I am currently re-reading Siren Song, which is very enjoyable, and I love Hydra, and especially Sacrifice Moon. Team is my happy place.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                  Oooh, this sounds like it could be right up my alley, what with Daniel and Sha're and airship pirates et al!

I'm generally very wary of the Fandemonium books since I have a strong aversion to any Jack/Sam but I am currently re-reading Siren Song, which is very enjoyable, and I love Hydra, and especially Sacrifice Moon. Team is my happy place.
                  You should be okay with Fandemonium books, because none of them have any Jack/Sam ship in them. There are a few scenes that could be taken as ship, if you have extremely shippy rose colored glasses. Otherwise you should be safe with any of them.

I've read all of the SG1 fics, and none of them have anything but the most minor of suggestions of shippiness. Or, if you blink, you'll miss any shippiness.

Comment

yeah I've bought from stargate novels as well. But amazon was offering the book cheaper and I was able to get free shipping as part of other things I bought. I love the site but once I pay for the book and shipping I am getting up there in money. Guess if I want the paperback version I might have no choice though.

Comment

I just finished Oceans of Dust. I feel kind of blah about it. I thought the idea of the story was pretty good. But the execution left me cold. I just could not get into the story. One reason also was that the author repeatedly referred to Sam as Carter throughout the book when the story was told from her point of view. I know Jack always referred to her as Carter when speaking about her, but something about referring to her as that way when it is from her point of view makes the story seem impersonal to me at least. two other authors have done that in other stories with Daniel and Jack. It is a small pet peeve of mine, as well as when I see it in fanfic. It just takes me out of the story.

The story also seemed to just lack something that I cannot put my finger on. I may have to re-read through to really understand what it is. And the ending through me off. I did not get it. What was the point of that
                      Spoiler:
                      Sentinel. Why even put it in the story? I feel like I am missing something.

One other thing I thought was funny and a little misstep by the author, was when Carter was talking to one of the Jaffa she mentioned something about a buffet. the Jaffa said indeed like he knew what a buffet was. I thought that was strange, then again maybe Jaffa do know about buffets, maybe they have an all you can eat buffet on some planet out there.

I still am appreciative of the fact that we got an SG-1 book. Just bummed that it did not quite turn out to be as good as some of the others I read. I am glad to hear others enjoyed it.

Comment

I just finished Oceans of Dust. I feel kind of blah about it. I thought the idea of the story was pretty good. But the execution left me cold. I just could not get into the story. One reason also was that the author repeatedly referred to Sam as Carter throughout the book when the story was told from her point of view. I know Jack always referred to her as Carter when speaking about her, but something about referring to her as that way when it is from her point of view makes the story seem impersonal to me at least. two other authors have done that in other stories with Daniel and Jack. It is a small pet peeve of mine, as well as when I see it in fanfic. It just takes me out of the story.

The story also seemed to just lack something that I cannot put my finger on. I may have to re-read through to really understand what it is. And the ending through me off. I did not get it. What was the point of that
                        Spoiler:
                        Sentinel. Why even put it in the story? I feel like I am missing something.

One other thing I thought was funny and a little misstep by the author, was when Carter was talking to one of the Jaffa she mentioned something about a buffet. the Jaffa said indeed like he knew what a buffet was. I thought that was strange, then again maybe Jaffa do know about buffets, maybe they have an all you can eat buffet on some planet out there.

I still am appreciative of the fact that we got an SG-1 book. Just bummed that it did not quite turn out to be as good as some of the others I read. I am glad to hear others enjoyed it.
                        Agree with everything you wrote.
                        sigpic

Comment

One reason also was that the author repeatedly referred to Sam as Carter throughout the book when the story was told from her point of view. I know Jack always referred to her as Carter when speaking about her, but something about referring to her as that way when it is from her point of view makes the story seem impersonal to me at least.
                          Yeah, I don't get that either. Jack calls her Carter, but she never calls herself that. I can't see her thinking of herself that way, unless she was talking to Jack?
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

http://amygriswold.livejournal.com/5279.html

The cover for the next SG-1 book, Heart's Desire!
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              http://amygriswold.livejournal.com/5279.html

The cover for the next SG-1 book, Heart's Desire!
                              SOOO excited!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

SOOO excited!!!
                                Isn't the cover beautiful? It's late third season. Little them!
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X