This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    This explanation makes more sense to me than any of the other notions I've read about her birthdate.
    Thanks! The December birthdate just doesn't work with the other things we know about her, but if her birthstone is an emerald and she has a May birthday it all works. I'd go with early May if I were picking a date, that she's a stubborn Taurus through and through! That's such a hallmark of Sam -- she never quits and she never gives up.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Thank you for the explanation, guys. I have actually seen all episodes of Stargate plus the movies, but given that I marathoned them all in record time, a lot of details kind of blurred together for me, including such things as Sam's age. Personally< i probably prefer to think she was born in 1965 - solely because of how much she had accomplished by the time she went through the stargate for the first time. I know she's a genius and all, and Stargate the show requires plenty of suspension of disbelief, but it's still a bit too unrealistic for me if Sam was that young... And I like to think she was born in May... because I was born in May. I want to have something in common with her, even if it is just a birth month.

Comment

Apparently "Oceans of Dust" is now available for purchase through Stargate Novels/Fandemonium. I got a notice in my e-mail this morning. They said it is also available on Barnes & Noble and several other sites, but B&N still has it listed as coming out on July 16.

Comment

Apparently "Oceans of Dust" is now available for purchase through Stargate Novels/Fandemonium. I got a notice in my e-mail this morning. They said it is also available on Barnes & Noble and several other sites, but B&N still has it listed as coming out on July 16.
          It's also up on Crossroad Press http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...roducts_id=440

After a book is released it takes each outlet however long it takes to get it up on its own website. I guess B&N is just being pokey?

Here it is on Amazon US in both ebook and paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1-...oceans+of+dust Though it's showing as not yet in stock on the paperback but the ebook is ready to go.
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            It's also up on Crossroad Press http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...roducts_id=440

After a book is released it takes each outlet however long it takes to get it up on its own website. I guess B&N is just being pokey?

Here it is on Amazon US in both ebook and paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1-...oceans+of+dust Though it's showing as not yet in stock on the paperback but the ebook is ready to go.
            Thanks for the Crossroads link. I bought it and downloaded it. Now I just have to figure out how to put it on the Nook reader I have. I'm "fairly" smart, so I think I can figure it out.

EDIT:
            I discovered something interesting. I downloaded the book from Crossroads in the appropriate format for a Nook, but it refuses to copy to the Nook. However, I did manage to copy it to my Sony Pocket eReader, which has the same compatibility as the Nook. Weird. Go figure. At least I can read it on one of them ... now that I finally got the Sony fixed and usable again.
            Last edited by hedwig; 15 June 2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the Crossroads link. I bought it and downloaded it. Now I just have to figure out how to put it on the Nook reader I have. I'm "fairly" smart, so I think I can figure it out.

EDIT:
              I discovered something interesting. I downloaded the book from Crossroads in the appropriate format for a Nook, but it refuses to copy to the Nook. However, I did manage to copy it to my Sony Pocket eReader, which has the same compatibility as the Nook. Weird. Go figure. At least I can read it on one of them ... now that I finally got the Sony fixed and usable again.
              Huh. I have no idea why it would work on one device and not the other! That's very strange. Mine is a Kindle, so it's not the same format at all.
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

"Oceans of Dust" is now available in ebook form on Barnes & Noble.

I read it yesterday. Good non-stop action. In my opinion, Sam got more attention in the story than the others, and Teal'c got the least. As often happens, the team gets split up, but both groups are working toward the same goal.

Comment

I read it yesterday. Good non-stop action. In my opinion, Sam got more attention in the story than the others, and Teal'c got the least. As often happens, the team gets split up, but both groups are working toward the same goal.
                  I ordered it from Stargate Novels yesterday. I'm really excited for it!
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

So a good one then that I should buy? How's Jack?
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Barnes and Noble now has it for the Nook. It was posted on Saturday to purchase. I haven't gotten it yet, but plan on in the next week.

Comment

Grrr. It is killing me to wait for this book. I preordered a paperback copy forever ago from amazon and I do not want to buy the nook version just yet since I prefer the paperback.

Was there any previews at the end of this book for upcoming novels?

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          Grrr. It is killing me to wait for this book. I preordered a paperback copy forever ago from amazon and I do not want to buy the nook version just yet since I prefer the paperback.

Was there any previews at the end of this book for upcoming novels?
                          Sorry. No previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            So a good one then that I should buy? How's Jack?
                            Ehh, Jack only narrates 2 or 3 chapters. Most are from the point of view of Daniel or Sam, and I personally felt that Jack got forgotten about quite a bit in this book.
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

EDIT:
                              Worked on my Nook

Comment

Sorry. No previews.
                                Bummer! Oh well I am patiently waiting for amazon to bring my paperback soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X