This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
    I think the author has said they do not plan on finishing the trilogy themselves. I believe it is up in the air as to whether someone else will finish it. I believe that can be found somewhere in the ask the authors thread and I will look for it.

But yeah it was a pretty bad book. It was difficult to finish, especially when SG-1 seemed to be of little consequence to the story. I felt like I was reading a book about WW2.

But I agree, I'd have bought (and did buy) the book regardless of the reviews just to complete my collection. But I was super disappointed I had to.

EDIT: Found the page where author says they will not finish the series. Just have to scroll down to their posts to see it. http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/3...monium)/page89
    Thanks for the link!

I understand the last two books places in the line up were filled instead by Heart's Desire and Moebius Squared.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Thanks for the link!

I understand the last two books places in the line up were filled instead by Heart's Desire and Moebius Squared.
      Ur welcome!

I haven't heard anything about Heart's Desire at all other than its coming out one day. But Moebius Squared sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I do wish one of the authors would take up and finish a sequel to TPBT. I hate to see our team left on a cliffhanger

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
        Ur welcome!

I haven't heard anything about Heart's Desire at all other than its coming out one day. But Moebius Squared sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I do wish one of the authors would take up and finish a sequel to TPBT. I hate to see our team left on a cliffhanger
        Heart's Desire is set in season three. Daniel finds an Ancient artifact that seems to give everyone their heart's desire. And this is not good!
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I've just started watching Stargate again, from the very beginning, and in absolutely no time at all, I've realised just how much I've missed it and how much of a hole it's made in my life, knowing there's no new episodes to look forward to anymore! So, in a bid to satisfy my ever-increasing withdrawal symptoms, I'm thinking of investing in a few novels. However they seem difficult to come across and of the few I have found, they're quite expensive. So, are there any novels in particular that anyone could recommend I should definitely read. Also, do the novels stand alone, or are they episode-based? Thank you in advance!
          "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
          My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
            I've just started watching Stargate again, from the very beginning, and in absolutely no time at all, I've realised just how much I've missed it and how much of a hole it's made in my life, knowing there's no new episodes to look forward to anymore! So, in a bid to satisfy my ever-increasing withdrawal symptoms, I'm thinking of investing in a few novels. However they seem difficult to come across and of the few I have found, they're quite expensive. So, are there any novels in particular that anyone could recommend I should definitely read. Also, do the novels stand alone, or are they episode-based? Thank you in advance!
            I haven't read any personally but I've seen many reviews here and in other threads. It might help to indicate what you like to read (mythology based, team, ship, fav characters) so others can recommend ones you would probably enjoy. I was also under the impression a lot (if not all) of the novels were available as e-books, that might be cheaper?
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I like A Matter of Honor and The Price of Honor by Sally Malcolm. They are episode based, and you need to have seen A Matter of Time. The books are very good!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Guh! Oceans of Dust just got moved out (again!) to July 16.
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

ugh....i need new SG1!

Comment

Here's an article about the Stargate Novels from the GW home page:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...argate-novels/

Comment

Anyone like to place bets on those dates moving? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Wonder where they are getting their date for "Oceans of Dust." They list it's date as June 14th, but Amazon and Barnes and Noble still says July 16th.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm looking forward to The Drift! I enjoyed Four Dragons a lot.
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            I haven't read any personally but I've seen many reviews here and in other threads. It might help to indicate what you like to read (mythology based, team, ship, fav characters) so others can recommend ones you would probably enjoy. I was also under the impression a lot (if not all) of the novels were available as e-books, that might be cheaper?
                            Thanks for the reply. I guess I'd prefer the team or ship-based novels. I've heard some are better than others, so I'm just not sure which ones would cover my interests best? I don't know if any of the novels would even focus on Jack or Sam as characters more?
                            "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                            My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
                              Thanks for the reply. I guess I'd prefer the team or ship-based novels. I've heard some are better than others, so I'm just not sure which ones would cover my interests best? I don't know if any of the novels would even focus on Jack or Sam as characters more?

Not really. If anything, the novels focus more on team or Jack/Daniel (the latter not as a couple, but as the usual bickering, Daniel whining and being portrayed as a "boy" or "young man" when he's in his 30's throughout the series), and they will often pair Sam and Teal'c on missions. I much prefer more Sam/Jack and/or team oriented stories.

Comment

Not really. If anything, the novels focus more on team or Jack/Daniel (the latter not as a couple, but as the usual bickering, Daniel whining and being portrayed as a "boy" or "young man" when he's in his 30's throughout the series), and they will often pair Sam and Teal'c on missions. I much prefer more Sam/Jack and/or team oriented stories.
                                I think you'll like Heart's Desire when it comes out then! I was one of the prereaders for it, and it teams Sam & Jack and Daniel & Teal'c. Also some really good Sam bits in it. (It's set third season.)
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X