X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    Yeah. Seriously!

I enjoyed Diana Dru Botsford's SG-1 novel Four Dragons, and Melissa's done the Atlantis books Homecoming and Allegiance.
    I've been going back through this thread and reading some earlier comments by members, as well as authors of various books, and find it interesting what some of us like and don't like in the stories.

I haven't read Four Dragons yet, but think I will order that next.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I've been going back through this thread and reading some earlier comments by members, as well as authors of various books, and find it interesting what some of us like and don't like in the stories.

I haven't read Four Dragons yet, but think I will order that next.
      She does a really good Daniel. Sam is kind of thin, but that's my taste! I'd like more Sam! But this is truly Daniel's book, about adjusting to being unascended again in early season seven, so it follows that the focus is on him.
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

So, what's the slate as of now? Upcoming books, I mean? I own all of them, even though I haven't read all of them yet - yeah, I'm kinda OCD like that - so I would like to know what to look forward to!

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
          So, what's the slate as of now? Upcoming books, I mean? I own all of them, even though I haven't read all of them yet - yeah, I'm kinda OCD like that - so I would like to know what to look forward to!
          I think its this:

SG-1 Oceans of Dust by Peter Evans Kind of Teal'c centric with Master Bra'tac
          SGA The Avengers by Jo Graham fourth Legacy book
          SG-1 Heart's Desire by Amy Griswold set 3rd season
          SGA Secrets by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott fifth Legacy book
          SG-1 Moebius Squared by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott set post Continuum but also has the AU team from Moebius
          SG-1 The Drift by Diana Dru Botsford sequel to Four Dragons
          SGA The Inheritors by Jo Graham, Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold sixth Legacy book
          SG-1 Ouroboros by Melissa Scott set between season 8 and 9, Jack centric
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            I think its this:

SG-1 Oceans of Dust by Peter Evans Kind of Teal'c centric with Master Bra'tac
            SGA The Avengers by Jo Graham fourth Legacy book
            SG-1 Heart's Desire by Amy Griswold set 3rd season
            SGA Secrets by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott fifth Legacy book
            SG-1 Moebius Squared by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott set post Continuum but also has the AU team from Moebius
            SG-1 The Drift by Diana Dru Botsford sequel to Four Dragons
            SGA The Inheritors by Jo Graham, Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold sixth Legacy book
            SG-1 Ouroboros by Melissa Scott set between season 8 and 9, Jack centric
            Thanks for this! Does anyone know the timeframe for these (as of listed right now. I know Fandemonium's been having some trouble keeping the schedules in the recent past).
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Thanks for this! Does anyone know the timeframe for these (as of listed right now. I know Fandemonium's been having some trouble keeping the schedules in the recent past).
              I'd also like to know, the website hasn't been updating much lately.
              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                I'd also like to know, the website hasn't been updating much lately.
                And considering "Heart's Desire" was originally tentatively scheduled for a Fall 2011 release, I assume the delays will continue.
                sigpic
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

I'm reading Transitions right now. I know it's suppose to take place just before season 9 of sg1, just before the Ori, but the Atlantis story arc seems to be following a different timeline. Is this explained at all in the story? Or is this a big epic plot fail no one caught before it was printed?

Comment

I'm reading Transitions right now. I know it's suppose to take place just before season 9 of sg1, just before the Ori, but the Atlantis story arc seems to be following a different timeline. Is this explained at all in the story? Or is this a big epic plot fail no one caught before it was printed?
                    It isn't explained in the story. Unknown whether it was a plot hole that didn't get caught. Aside from that, I really enjoyed the story.

Comment

It isn't explained in the story. Unknown whether it was a plot hole that didn't get caught. Aside from that, I really enjoyed the story.
                      Oh. I hope the plot is really, really good. Because this is something that is going to be hard to ignore.

Comment

Oh. I hope the plot is really, really good. Because this is something that is going to be hard to ignore.
                        I can't speak for anyone else, but it was easy for me to ignore.

Comment

Explanation of the delays with the novels here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/161121.html
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else, but it was easy for me to ignore.
                            I thought it was fine. Yes, it's not the conventional way we think of the series (we usually see SG-1 Season 8 matching up with SGA Season 1 and so forth) but there really wasn't too much that confirms they happen during the same timeframe.

Teeny spoiler for Transitions:
                            Spoiler:
                            The only (teeny) thing that did bother me is that in the book, "Grace Under Pressure" had already happened (pre-Season 9 of SG-1) and McKay doesn't tell Sam about what happened until Season 10, where he refers to it as a recent occurrence.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I thought it was fine. Yes, it's not the conventional way we think of the series (we usually see SG-1 Season 8 matching up with SGA Season 1 and so forth) but there really wasn't too much that confirms they happen during the same timeframe.

Teeny spoiler for Transitions:
                              Spoiler:
                              The only (teeny) thing that did bother me is that in the book, "Grace Under Pressure" had already happened (pre-Season 9 of SG-1) and McKay doesn't tell Sam about what happened until Season 10, where he refers to it as a recent occurrence.
                              Spoiler:
                              "Grace Under Pressure" happened in the last 3rd of Season 2 of SGA or late Season 9 of SG1. It occurred just after "Critical Mass".

Comment

Have to say, not likening the SGC-1 portion of the book so far. The focus on Cassie and her viewpoint, is bad - its like YA novel. I'm also finding some of the characters are written out of character. I am enjoying the SGA plot line, it's very well done, I wish there was a little more on that.

Does the sg1 story line get better as the plot "thickens?" because so far I'm not seeing what everyone has seen in the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X