Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, has anyone ordered the hard copy of Transitions and actually received it yet? I know the website says it will arrive by the end of November, but I just wanted to check.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      So, has anyone ordered the hard copy of Transitions and actually received it yet? I know the website says it will arrive by the end of November, but I just wanted to check.
      I ordered it back in October, just received an Email today stating there will be a delay with delivering the books due to high demand. Sucks I have to wait, but nice to see that there is such a demand for the books.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I know nothing about hard copies, but I have a Nook eReader and just read "Transitions" on it yesterday. Excellent book. Lots of action, intrigue, and an interesting call back to an SG1 episode from Season 2.

If I have it figured out correctly, the story takes place shortly after SGA: "Critical Mass" and "Grace Under Pressure", since both are referenced in the story. However, that conflicts a lot with what's happening with SG1 and the SGC.

I've also read "Sunrise" on the Nook, and am commencing to read "Homecoming". I also have "The Power Behind the Throne" that I've started, but not gotten far in yet.
        Last edited by hedwig; 29 November 2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          If I have it figured out correctly, the story takes place shortly after SGA: "Critical Mass" and "Grace Under Pressure", since both are referenced in the story. However, that conflicts a lot with what's happening with SG1 and the SGC.
          Yeah. I think that it's best placed between "The Siege, Part III" and "Avalon, Part I", and the erroneous references to season 2 of SGA ignored.
          Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
          "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I know nothing about hard copies, but I have a Nook eReader and just read "Transitions" on it yesterday. Excellent book. Lots of action, intrigue, and an interesting call back to an SG1 episode from Season 2.

I've also read "Sunrise" on the Nook, and am commencing to read "Homecoming". I also have "The Power Behind the Throne" that I've started, but not gotten far in yet.
            How do you like Homecoming so far?
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
              How do you like Homecoming so far?
              I've only gotten to the first couple of pages, so far. I got interrupted by the plumber coming by to work on a plumbing issue. However, I'm planning to continue reading today, so I'll have to get back to you.

Comment

Bit disappointed in the delay but it's good to know the demand for the books is high. I disliked Power Behind the Throne which is unusual as they're normally pretty good. So much stuff in it bothered me. There's not many of the novels I dislike.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Bit disappointed in the delay but it's good to know the demand for the books is high. I disliked Power Behind the Throne which is unusual as they're normally pretty good. So much stuff in it bothered me. There's not many of the novels I dislike.
                  I'm looking forward to Oceans of Dust and Heart's Desire.
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Just got an email to say my copies were being shipped
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      I haven't even read all of Power Behind the Throne, and am not likely to. For whatever reason, I simply couldn't get far enough into it to want to read the rest of it.

Comment

I *finally* got "Transitions" in the mail yesterday. An early Christmas present from me to ... me!
                        sigpic
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Amazon was kind enough to let me know (again ) that Oceans of Dust will be delayed till March now. I have no hope of getting the hard copy version. Probably have to go kindle all the way now. I love the paperback on my hands, but at least I will still get toread it if comes out in digital form.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                            Amazon was kind enough to let me know (again ) that Oceans of Dust will be delayed till March now. I have no hope of getting the hard copy version. Probably have to go kindle all the way now. I love the paperback on my hands, but at least I will still get toread it if comes out in digital form.
                            GAH! Seriously?
                            sigpic

Comment

GAH! Seriously?
                              Yeah, apparently Oceans of Dust is delayed at MGM. Yerg.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Received my copy of Transitions and Allegiance early last week. Started reading Allegiance today, enjoying it so far.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X