Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boo! Amazon says Transistions will not be out until December and Oceans of Dust until January. Getting a little frustrating anymore with all these push backs. Only because I want to read them so bad.
    I ordered Transitions from publishers, so I should have it by the end of the month (along with a few other books.) This story line looks great, I also can't wait to read it.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I have just three Stargate Books:

Stargate SG1 - Hydra

Stargate Atlantis - Nightfall

Stargate Atlantis - Angelus

I'll be honest, i have only read Hydra.
      The other two are somewhere in my wardrobe, Just havnt got around to reading them yet.
      sigpic

Comment

I have just three Stargate Books:

Stargate SG1 - Hydra

Stargate Atlantis - Nightfall

Stargate Atlantis - Angelus

I'll be honest, i have only read Hydra.
        The other two are somewhere in my wardrobe, Just havnt got around to reading them yet.
        Was Hydra any good? I have 15 with another five on order. I came very close to buying Hydra and Nightfall, but didn't have the $$ for those two as well. I haven't heard a lot about those two books, so any thoughts on the story line would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
          Was Hydra any good? I have 15 with another five on order. I came very close to buying Hydra and Nightfall, but didn't have the $$ for those two as well. I haven't heard a lot about those two books, so any thoughts on the story line would be much appreciated.
          Well, I wouldn't want to spoil any of the storyline for you but basically, Hydra:
          Spoiler:
          is a rogue NID operation. It starts with SG-1 going to a peaceful planet and are pretty much met with fear, and bra'tac accuses them of war crimes. As the team investigates , a 2nd Daniel Jackson comes through the gate who is a product of a rogue NID operation that spans the whole galaxy.

I enjoyed it ALOT and so did my dad who read it once i finished.

As I haven't read nightfall ill just type the synopsis from the back of the book.
          --------------------------------
          Nightfall:
          Deception and lies abound on the peaceful planet of Heruun, protected from the Wraith for generations by their mysterious guardian - the Aegis.

But with the planet falling victim to an incurable wasting sickness, and two of Colonel Sheppard's team going missing, the secrets of the Aegis must be revealed. The shocking truth threatens to tear Herunn society apart, bringing down upon them the scourge of the Wraith. Yet even with a Hive ship poised to attack there is much more at stake than the fate of one small planet.

For the Aegis conceals a threat so catastrophic that the Atlantis team must risk everything to eliminate it from the Pegasus galaxy...
          --------------------------------
          Well getting these books out again makes me want to read the other two , maybe ill start reading nightfall tonight.

anyway if my vague description of Hydra Isn't enough i can type the synopsis for you from the back of the book.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that! I may have to hunt that one down sooner rather than later. Now to hunt down a copy. I may have to wait and read some of the other Stargate books (and wait until I'm current order comes in) before buying my next batch.

I've recently finished reading and reviewing Roswell and Exogenesis. Both were excellent books, I sat down to read Exogensesis ebook copy on the computer and didn't realize I spent most of the day reading the book. Highly recommend both.

Currently reading Halcyon - it's also a good read, I'm enjoying the story line.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
              I ordered Transitions from publishers, so I should have it by the end of the month (along with a few other books.) This story line looks great, I also can't wait to read it.
              It's fantastic!
              For me it's the second best SG-1 novel I've read so far - only beaten by "Survival of the Fittest".
              sigpic

Comment

I just finished reading Transitions. It is a great read, a nice crossover story with Atlantis. However there is continuity issue that is killing me and try as I might I cannot get it out of my mind. Please prove me wrong!

Spoilers for story
                Spoiler:
                In the story Landry has not officially yet taken command of the SGC, yet Sheppard is a Colonel in Atlantis, and I could swear that Landry was part of the briefing where Sheppard's Colonel status was discussed. In addition SG-1 travels to Atlantis when in the show Daniel was preparing to go but we know he never went to Atlantis until the Pegasus Project episode (right?) And Teal'c aids Sheppard in flying to the hive ship, but I could swear Sheppard did not meet meet him until Carter had taken command of Atlantis. I mean the story is great but it kinda bugs me if I'm right that the continuity of the series is ignored. So if someone can tell me I am wrong, I will be glad.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                  I just finished reading Transitions. It is a great read, a nice crossover story with Atlantis. However there is continuity issue that is killing me and try as I might I cannot get it out of my mind. Please prove me wrong!
                  You're definitely right that Point #1 is wrong. I don't remember about points #2 or 3, though.
                  Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                  "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

I haven't read the book yet, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but those are some serious continuity issues. You are right on 1 and 2 for sure. 3 could be explained by what we don't see on the show but can make an assumption about.
                    Spoiler:
                    For example Teal'c and Sheppard could have crossed paths when Sheppard was at the SGC before Atlantis members left Earth. But that is far fetched

Once I'll read it, I'll get back to you on it.

Comment

^ I agree point 3 is pretty farfetched. Glad I am not going crazy. I still recommend the book, it has a great story and is well told. Just ignore those continuity issues and you are good.

Comment

Anyone else read Transitions yet?

I'm thinking about buying it, but I'm a discerning reader. I've only read A Matter of Honour and The Cost of Honour.
                        sigpic
                        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Right, I've ordered Transitions and Alligence. This print-by-order thing has me worried. I wonder if perhaps they're not selling very well at the moment. Which is a huge shame because the books are normally good.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Right, I've ordered Transitions and Alligence. This print-by-order thing has me worried. I wonder if perhaps they're not selling very well at the moment. Which is a huge shame because the books are normally good.
                            I ordered Transitions on October 29 and I'm still waiting for it it.. Bought Allegiance via Kindle for PC. (Also got two SGA out of print books in kindle format).

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              A die-down in sales with the show no longer on the air isn't unexpected. Also, the simultaneous ebook releases may have hurt sales of the print versions to where they were no longer feasible.

Oh, and the long gaps in releases probably didn't help any either.
                              Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                              "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                                A die-down in sales with the show no longer on the air isn't unexpected. Also, the simultaneous ebook releases may have hurt sales of the print versions to where they were no longer feasible.

Oh, and the long gaps in releases probably didn't help any either.
                                Also doesn't help that if you're like me and live in Canada, it takes a long time for the book to be delivered. And only a few book stores in the area actually stock the books - and those are few. I don't even have a kindle, have to read the books on the computer, but it's cheaper and easier for me to do. I'd much rather have the print book if it was better delivery time.

Comment

Working...
                                X