Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know why stargetnovels are missing a few, I'm trying to get them all (steadily reading through the ones I have at the moment.) and I found some of the missing ones, but at a rather large price. Anyone got any information for me? Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Svinx View Post
      Anyone know why stargetnovels are missing a few, I'm trying to get them all (steadily reading through the ones I have at the moment.) and I found some of the missing ones, but at a rather large price. Anyone got any information for me? Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.
      Those may be the out of print ones. I do believe that all ones that came out in 2006, the first year they were available in North America, are out of print, SGA included, and that's why they're more money.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Svinx View Post
        Most of them are now available in ebook format so that you can read them on your computer. You have to download a free converter program to convert from Kindle format to HTML, but the ebooks are a lot cheaper!
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
          Most of them are now available in ebook format so that you can read them on your computer. You have to download a free converter program to convert from Kindle format to HTML, but the ebooks are a lot cheaper!
          You don't actually have to download a converter at all. You can just download Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac direct from Amazon and use that to read them. If you have a smartphone then there's also Kindle for Android and Kindle for iPhone. There may be a Kindle for Windows 7 Phone but I don't own one to know.

Comment

Svinx, I've always just gone into Barnes and Noble and had them order the books.

Comment

Just finished my read-through of Stargate SG-1: Transitions and I have to say I loved it. Was gripped from the start by what was unravelling, which doesn't usually happen to me with most Stargate novels. There were only a couple of gripes I had about it, involving a clash with Stargate SG-1: Roswell and some of the technology that was introduced, but I won't post spoilers here. Overall, an excellent read. Glad I spent the time to do it in one sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                Just finished my read-through of Stargate SG-1: Transitions and I have to say I loved it. Was gripped from the start by what was unravelling, which doesn't usually happen to me with most Stargate novels. There were only a couple of gripes I had about it, involving a clash with Stargate SG-1: Roswell and some of the technology that was introduced, but I won't post spoilers here.
                I don't remember the clash with Roswell. My gripe came from the SG-1 characters being from between seasons 8 and 9, corresponding to Atlantis seasons 1 & 2... but Ronan was around and characters kept referencing events from Atlantis season 2. Oops!
                Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                  I don't remember the clash with Roswell. My gripe came from the SG-1 characters being from between seasons 8 and 9, corresponding to Atlantis seasons 1 & 2... but Ronan was around and characters kept referencing events from Atlantis season 2. Oops!
                  That didn't bother me so much because we don't actually know when each episode takes place. They aired on the same date, sure, but it's not physically possible for them to always happen at the same time. I worked out that, although set between seasons 8 and 9 of SG-1, it had to be set at least after "Grace Under Pressure" so almost at the end of Atlantis season 2. As I said, only a problem if you assume that things happen exactly when they're broadcast.

The clash with Roswell had to do with...
                  Spoiler:
                  the amplifier bracelet that Amara owned. Transitions stated that this is the device which Cassie would later use in 1969 to send the team back in time (which is actually the version I prefer, as it gives a valid reason for it to specifically be her and not anyone else, considering the powers needed to use it) but in Roswell it's a device discovered in Egypt which has nothing to do with the ascended powers and was used by H.G. Wells to come back in time. In Roswell it's stated that the device will later be given to Cassie by Sam. Not a huge deal, but it bugged me a little bit.

Comment

I didn't think Transitions was coming out till sometime in November? At least tahts what it said when i pre-ordered it on the fandemonium site...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                      I didn't think Transitions was coming out till sometime in November? At least tahts what it said when i pre-ordered it on the fandemonium site...
                      It's up for order on the Fandemonium site, which is where I've ordered it from. Not received it yet, though, so I just bought the ebook as well.

Comment

gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                          I worked out that, although set between seasons 8 and 9 of SG-1, it had to be set at least after "Grace Under Pressure" so almost at the end of Atlantis season 2. As I said, only a problem if you assume that things happen exactly when they're broadcast.
                          Except "The Intruder" has Landry in charge of the SGC, so it would have to be after Transitions, but contains Sheppard's promotion to Lt. Colonel, so it has to be before Transitions and the rest of season 2, you can't slip it to later.
                          Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                          "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

I knew about the Landry thing, and just reconciled it with the fact that the novel seems to take place over the course of a week or two (going by where they travel, how long they spend in each place, etc) so it's possible that the flashback scene in The Intruder could have taken place during that time, with Landry as the temporary commander. Unlikely, I know, but still possible. Obviously, if it's after this, then Sheppard would already be a Lt Col as he is in the novel.

Comment

Boo! Amazon says Transistions will not be out until December and Oceans of Dust until January. Getting a little frustrating anymore with all these push backs. Only because I want to read them so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                                Boo! Amazon says Transistions will not be out until December and Oceans of Dust until January. Getting a little frustrating anymore with all these push backs. Only because I want to read them so bad.
                                grrr....I agree. I'm dying for the new ones to come out!!!
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X