This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Just finished Air and I loved it. Far stronger novelization than Rising and a better read but then again that's partly down to Air beinga better and stronger episode than Rising. James' handle on the characters was great. You wouldn't have thought he hadn't watched the show prior to writing as his Eli is simply amazing. I really want to see you do an "original" SGU novel, James. I think this could be the show you shine in.

Oh and green Dom.
    Seriously? It wasn't as awful as Halycon but I thought the majority of characters were completely off thus showing the lack of actually viewing the episode.

Comment

Ahhh I might have to get it if it is really that good. I recently purchased SGA's Rising, Reliquary, and Entanglement.

Spoilers for Reliquary and Entanglement
      Spoiler:

Reliquary was good but Wells should of watched before I sleep showing no address could dial Atlantis besides Earth and the person in the book had done so before.

Entanglement is really good I like how in other realities the Wraith never turned evil and lived normal lives.
      sigpic

Comment

Want to buy AIR but lookis I will have to specialty order it through Chapters.Indigo. Since none of the stores have it in stock!!!
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Has anyone who has emailed Fandy heard back about Dead End yet? I still haven't, hoping someone else may have had a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
            Has anyone who has emailed Fandy heard back about Dead End yet? I still haven't, hoping someone else may have had a reply.
            Nope not a word
            Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              Seriously? It wasn't as awful as Halycon but I thought the majority of characters were completely off thus showing the lack of actually viewing the episode.
              Probably because James would have only had the scripts when he was writing it.
              Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
              "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

I have got SGA's Dead End pre-ordered and this is what Amazon sent to me in an email:

Shipping estimate: December 22, 2009 - December 29, 2009
                I haven't heard anything from Fandemonium yet, though. No reply at all. And their web is outdated too - Dead End still shows as "Publication date November 2009 *NYP." One would think that at least their own web would be up-to-date.

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                Sure, is what EllieVee said, after all. But I'm not sure if I would be all that happy reading apples and watching potatoes. Sally Malcolm's Rising was spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                  Yes, which is the problem, outside of Swallow's writing which in itself is a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Yes, which is the problem, outside of Swallow's writing which in itself is a problem for me.
                    I enjoyed Halcyon. Nightfall took some pushing for me to finish reading it so I can't so I liked that at all. I have no desire to read Air so I can't compare that, but so far, of the books James has written that I have read I liked one out of two. Like all books, though, fans find their own likes and dislikes and very few authors will please everyone.

Comment

Jo Graham posted the cover of her SGA book "Death Game" that should come out next year in her LJ!

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                        Jo Graham posted the cover of her SGA book "Death Game" that should come out next year in her LJ!
                        Cool! not confident it will be released in July like she says though, but this book is one I'm really looking forward too.

Comment

Well, still no response to my emails. I'm starting to think that some customer service training wouldn't go astray for this company. Small company or not there is little reason to ignore emails from customers. I've sent three emails in the last four weeks and not one of those have been responded to. Even a simple "I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question" would suffice. I've tried to be patient and I do understand they are a small company, but small companies don't grow by ignoring their client base.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                            Well, still no response to my emails. I'm starting to think that some customer service training wouldn't go astray for this company. Small company or not there is little reason to ignore emails from customers. I've sent three emails in the last four weeks and not one of those have been responded to. Even a simple "I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question" would suffice. I've tried to be patient and I do understand they are a small company, but small companies don't grow by ignoring their client base.
                            I haven't received any response either. Maybe we should try their snail mail addy. Or, I don't know, a yak maybe? Or smoke signals! There's a thought

Comment

I finally heard from Fandemonium:

SGA-12: Dead End has been delayed, but should appear in the 2nd quarter of 2010.
                              I didn't receive any answer to my question if the other books listed for 2010 would appear according to the schedule or not, though. I would think not - Dead End appearing in the 2nd quarter of 2010 will probably mean that at least some of the books listed for that quarter will be moved back. That's IMHO, of course.
                              Last edited by katikatnik; 15 December 2009, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Hmm, it would be nice to know what is causing all of the delay's lately. Especially since the new comics were pushed back quite a bit as well. I wonder if MGM is taking a greater interest in the Stargate supplemental material? The books are going strong and slated to pick up where season 5 of Atlantis left off. The comics are doing Atlantis season 6, SG1 season 11 and a Universe prequel. Big Finish is thinking about doing a 6 episode arc instead of standalone stories. The magazine short stories seem to be back on a regular basis now. We might have two games coming out, Resistance and Worlds. Maybe MGM is going to take more control and try to turn Stargate into a larger franchise? Would be kind of cool if it is done right, IE all story lines are designed to mesh together and don't conflict with each other...

Comment

Working...
                                X