Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the movies and the comics will be (so I have heard) will be after the series...as for the books they really don't fallow anything standard episode or storyline wise (except for the very first novel "Rising").
    I guess the editor is just making sure that everyone stays true to their character like on the show.
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

So no Dead End? For crying out loud! This is beyond ridiculous. Their publishing schedule is one huge mess - to stay PG. This is not how you conduct business. You don't get your clients hopes up time and time again with empty promises because there's only so many times they will come back before they laugh in your face.

And yet again with SGU. I mean, you ask about an SGA book, the hows and whys, and they answer with one line and turn the rest of their email into an advertisement for their SGU products. Did they take lessons with Wright and Cooper? Yet another person that automatically assumes that people buying SGA books will buy SGU?

Yes, I'm cranky. I think it would be better if Fandemonium didn't post any publishing schedule at all. This is making them look ridiculous and unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
        So no Dead End? For crying out loud! This is beyond ridiculous. Their publishing schedule is one huge mess - to stay PG. This is not how you conduct business. You don't get your clients hopes up time and time again with empty promises because there's only so many times they will come back before they laugh in your face.

And yet again with SGU. I mean, you ask about an SGA book, the hows and whys, and they answer with one line and turn the rest of their email into an advertisement for their SGU products. Did they take lessons with Wright and Cooper? Yet another person that automatically assumes that people buying SGA books will buy SGU?

Yes, I'm cranky. I think it would be better if Fandemonium didn't post any publishing schedule at all. This is making them look ridiculous and unreliable.
        I hear ya!! I'm no longer getting my hopes up about an upcoming book anymore. I won't even bother to check to see what's upcoming. As it never seems to pan out anyways. When I get the new book published email from Fandy then I'll get excited and go order it from my local bookstore. THat is as long as the book is SG1 or SGA. I won't buy anything SGU.
        sigpic

Comment

I've now written a couple of emails asking for clarification- Is the book canceled completely? Or is the book just postponned?

I have received no replies back after the first one stating the book was canceled and promoting the SGU novel. I'm a little annoyed that they can take the time to encourage me to buy the SGU novel but cannot respond to a further enqiry about the SGA novel that received a short one sentence answer. Hopefully there is a reason behind the lack of response. Benefit of the doubt anyway I guess.
          Last edited by gottaluvit; 25 November 2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

my guess it is just postponed...B&N will be getting a stern talking to from me on Fri since my "pre ordered will be in on Nov 25th" book never came in.

Comment

I can't say I'm particularly fussed over the title...I'm just excited we'll be seeing some new and expanding stuff. I'm quite hopeful that if Legacy turns out well that we might see a completely new and original series in the novel format.

I don't think its been canceled, more than likely pushed back in the schedule somewhere. Never known Fandy to cancel a book yet. And I still refuse to be as mad with them. They're a small company that is doing things big. James said at Chevron 7.3 that their schedule for the next year and a half is already filled up. They've got a helluva lot going on at the moment.

Also currently a third of the way into Air. Really enjoying it, Jame's style suits the series well. He has really suckered me in. Few minor things that might be a fault on the script though - Young uses UMP not M4, the rifles aren't the full length G36s but the K variant.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Also currently a third of the way into Air. Really enjoying it, Jame's style suits the series well. He has really suckered me in. Few minor things that might be a fault on the script though - Young uses UMP not M4, the rifles aren't the full length G36s but the K variant.
                Glad you're enjoying it! As for the guns, I only had a handful of stills from the show as reference, so a lot of it was guesswork. The script actually described the weapons as "MP5s"...

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Twitter

Comment

Oh and Abydos is destroyed, remember Why they'd suggest going to a destroy planet. But no, continuing to be addicted. Loving the new sections, the introspectic stuff is good. Despite only going from the script, you've got a good handle on the characters. Especially Eli. I hope you do some original SGU novels. I keep meaning to start up a review blog for these novels and do full length reviews. Air might motivate me to do that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post

Boy do I hear you, I'm more than cranky though IM BLOODY FURIOUS and I also am trying to remain PG. BUT THIS IS GETTING BEYOND A BLOODY JOKE! I have sent 3 complaint emails an still yet to have a reply. BUT they can send me emails about bloody SGU, IF I WANTED to watch this god awful show I would have, SO WHY would I want to read the stupid book.

I want a reponse to questions about SGA NOT SGU, seems quite simple to me. I mean you write to them asking about ATLANTIS an they ignore you but send you crap about SGU " pefect sense.

Your right though there seems to be a miss completion that as a SG fan “WE OF COURSE MUST WANT” to read anything an everything SGU!!!!!!

Well newsflash not everyone does.

So yet again SGA books are pushed to the back an we keep getting dates that change constantly.

Yes this is rant, don’t expect others to agree but for me I'm SO "P'd" off with the delays as these books are the only way to get my SGA fix, the situation is JUST STUPID, plain stupid IMO. I'm feeling really bitter at the moment, the only reason to come to GW these days is SGA news movie or book related news an its A BIG FAT ZERO on both.

Well thats me gone for another few weeks AT LEAST, you never know if I pop back in this side of Christmas who knows maybe something postive, yeah right Christmas 2020 maybe.
                    Last edited by Atlantis Rocks; 27 November 2009, 11:52 AM.
                    Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

I just started reading stargate novels this summer.

The books I've read are:

SG1: Roswell
                      SGA: Reliquary
                      SGA: Angelus
                      SGA: Nightfall
                      SGA: Mirror Mirror
                      SG1: Sacrifice Moon
                      SG1: A Matter of Honor
                      SG1: The Cost of Honor

So far my favorite is Roswell, and I think that the SG1 novels have been better than the SGA novels so far.

Oh and I just got SG1: Hydra and SG1: Valhalla in the mail today. I've just started with Valhalla, so no spoilers!

By the way, I've started a "Favorite Stargate Novel" thread in the fun and games section. Feel free to com over for a visit and vote for your favorite novel.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've got to wonder though Atlantis Rocks, are you willing to wait for a good novel or demand one that seems to miss fundamental parts of Stargate science? TBH Air is brilliant, James has done a great job with it.

They have removed Dead End from their schedule for the meantime. As I've said before, from the preview I had doubts about it - once again, I iterate that they had the wormhole being a physical tunnel they piloted the Jumper though...:/ Sounds like someone needs to watch the show. Now if James' oneway wormhole in Nightfall pissed folk off (still haven't gotten around to reading it) then I imagine Dead End woulda done worse.

They opted to give us a brilliantly written and interesting novel instead. Rock on Fandy. I understand that they're a tiny company doing lots of work. Like I said, their schedule for the next year and a half is full. Im more than willing to wait for good quality novels which Fandy do deliver (though few do slip through). I'd rather not rush them and receive crap. And I'm always willing to re-read prior awesome novels.

So you want to read rushed novels for the sake of it? Go elsewhere. I want some quality stuff that I'm willing to wait for. Show some consideration. Fandy is for the fans by the fans and they care about the quality of the stuff they're selling us. I, for once, appreciate it.

Evil: Valhalla's SG1 story is really interesting. I did love seeing Jonas back (I think he's great) but I don't think his story was as cool as SG1's.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually i agree with some things Atlantis Rocks says. i too am annoyed that my enquiry about an Atlantis novel was answered with an add for the SGU novel and when I emailed back saying politely that I was not interested in the SGU novel but could I please get some clarification on the Atlantis novel I received absolutely no reply to a further two emails.

The delays, whilst annoying, can't be helped. I don't believe they are Fandy's fault but I can understand that it is irritating and frustrating (not just to fans but to the publishers as well.) perhaps not giving release dates until books pass the scrutiny of MGM etc may minimize frustrations.

As for removing Dead End from the publishing line up- This is what I find most confusing. In the first email I received I was told "sorry that novel has been cancelled, here is the definitive list of novels to be published. http://www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml "

i went to the list provided and lo and behold, Dead end is still listed for release! So I email back asking if the book is completely canceled (because the word they used was canceled, not postponed or delayed, but cancelled.) or just postponed and explaining that it still shows on their DEFINITIVE list as being released in November. No reply. No reply to another email a week later either.

Now I know this company is small and they work their asses off to give us great stories. I really appreciate that, I do. But small companies don't last long without good communication skills and a reliable product. It is great that some enjoy SGU and SG1, but other customers want SGA. It's not good business to ignore part of your customer fan base.

Anyways, thats how I veiw things. I'm not as frustrated as Atlantis Rocks because I'm working my way through the SG1 novels as I wait for the SGA novels, but i can understand frustration if SGA is the only fandom you're interested in. We've had, what? Two SGA books out of the many that were due for release this year, so frustration is inevitable I'm afraid. You tell a kid you'll give them five cookies and you give them only one (and make them wait an hour longer then you said you would), they'll hold it against you for sure.

Comment

I am more of a SGA book fan then a SG1 or SGU one yet I get updates on both even though I never have bought any of the other books. I wish they had a box where you could check what shows you only want to read from so you won't get bothered with this junk you don't care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Rocks View Post
                              I want a reponse to questions about SGA NOT SGU, seems quite simple to me. I mean you write to them asking about ATLANTIS an they ignore you but send you crap about SGU " pefect sense.

Your right though there seems to be a miss completion that as a SG fan “WE OF COURSE MUST WANT” to read anything an everything SGU!!!!!!

Well newsflash not everyone does.
                              I assume the SGU related part of the answer is just a macro they add to every Stargate related mail, since while not everyone who likes SG1 or SGA novels will also like SGU novels there's a likelihood that at least a part of those people are interested in it, so they try to get the message out that there are SGU novels, too.

I understand that it's annoying when the actual answer is way shorter than the advertisement, but AFAIK Fandemonium is a small company and has to use any means at their disposal to reach an as big an audience as possible, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                They have removed Dead End from their schedule for the meantime. As I've said before, from the preview I had doubts about it - once again, I iterate that they had the wormhole being a physical tunnel they piloted the Jumper though...:/ Sounds like someone needs to watch the show. Now if James' oneway wormhole in Nightfall pissed folk off (still haven't gotten around to reading it) then I imagine Dead End woulda done worse.
                                Then it should've never got to the pre-publishing stage in the first place! This book's been moved back and back and still further back so many times that by now, they should've caught all the mistakes. I mean, give it one average fan to read and review and they'll rid you of 99% of dumb mistakes. I mean, I watch the show and read fanfics, I'm not a head-over-heels devotee, and I manage to catch stupid fumbles that an author who claims to be a fan of the show should've never written. And wasn't that the point of Fandemonium? From fans, for fans?
                                Last edited by katikatnik; 28 November 2009, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X