Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not use the online store I called to reserve a copy and even asked them when they release date was and the person I talked to stated that YES it would be out this Weds. Will call and give them heck for lying if it is not in on said day.
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
      I did not use the online store I called to reserve a copy and even asked them when they release date was and the person I talked to stated that YES it would be out this Weds. Will call and give them heck for lying if it is not in on said day.
      Hmm, well I can only say what response I got to my email direct to Stargatenovels.com. I've emailed again asking for clarification just to be sure he did not misunderstand me but have not received a reply back yet. I sure as heck hope he was wrong. Really wanted a novel to read over the holidays.

Comment

I trust Stargatenovels more then Amazon or B&N when it comes to the books release dates. I am on their alert list and I have yet to get one for Dead End...why these post a preorder date before they have a date from the publisher is beyond me.

Comment

Exciting Atlantis novel news today! Jo Graham has announced plans for a new series of novels from Fandemonium - Stargate Atlantis: Legacy - exploring what happens after the end of season five.

Legacy takes Stargate Atlantis fans on to uncharted new ground, exploring what happens next after the end of season five. With no reset to zero, the jeopardy for our favorite characters has never been greater as they face entirely new challenges and dangers, as well as old foes revitalized. Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon and the rest must face Wraith, Genii, and their most dangerous foes yet in a galaxy-spanning adventure to uncover the true legacy of the Ancients -- a battle from which all may not return.

Book One The Return by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham is due for release in September 2010 with Book Two The Missing by Jo Graham and Amy Griswold following in January 2011!
          Tags: news, novels

http://community.livejournal.com/gate_pages/

Comment

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

A little more, from the authors blog.

Several people have asked me what I'm working on next now that Death Game is turned in, or have pointed out that I've cagily referred to Death Game as "my first Stargate Atlantis novel." I'm very happy to confirm that I am indeed working on another SGA novel, this one with an absolute writing idol turned dear friend, Melissa Scott. It's the first book in a new series, and I'm thrilled to be able to work on it with such talented writers, and to continue my journey with these characters I love.

Stargate Atlantis: Legacy is an exciting new book series from Fandemonium Books coming in 2010. As the fantastically successful New Jedi Order series did for Star Wars, Legacy takes Stargate Atlantis fans on to uncharted new ground, exploring what happens next after the end of season five. With no reset to zero, the jeopardy for our favorite characters has never been greater as they face entirely new challenges and dangers, as well as old foes revitalized. Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon and the rest must face Wraith, Genii, and their most dangerous foes yet in a galaxy-spanning adventure to uncover the true legacy of the Ancients -- a battle from which all may not return.

Book One, The Return, by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham, will be out in September, 2010. Melissa Scott is the author of more than twenty science fiction and fantasy books, including Trouble and Her Friends, Five Twelfths of Heaven, and, with Lisa A. Barnett, Point of Hopes and Point of Dreams. She has won numerous awards, including the Campbell Award in 1986. Jo Graham is the author of three historical fantasy novels, as well as the Stargate Atlantis novel Death Game. Book Two, The Missing, by Jo Graham and Amy Griswold, will follow in January, 2011.
              http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/27049.html

These are the books that Jason Momoa said were being written instead of a movie, the news release does not say that though so it remains to be seen whether these will be instead, or as well as the intended movie.

Comment

Really makes me wonder whats up with the announced but as-yet unpublished SGA Season 6 comics (not to mention SG1 season 11 and the SGU prequel).
                "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                "Who doesn't?"

Comment

And what's up with titling the first book "The Return"? Hello, that's already been used as the title of one of the Atlantis mid-season two-part episodes! Not a smart move on Fandy's part.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    And what's up with titling the first book "The Return"? Hello, that's already been used as the title of one of the Atlantis mid-season two-part episodes! Not a smart move on Fandy's part.
                    Author says it's an indication of what the novel will be about.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                      Author says it's an indication of what the novel will be about.
                      I know, I read the article, but I still think giving the novel the exact same title as a pre-existing episode that has nothing to do with this new story looks sloppy. Surely she could've picked another title that hasn't already been used by one of the Stargate series would've conveyed the same idea...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        I know, I read the article, but I still think giving the novel the exact same title as a pre-existing episode that has nothing to do with this new story looks sloppy. Surely she could've picked another title that hasn't already been used by one of the Stargate series would've conveyed the same idea...
                        Well titles do change. Also maybe it's a nod to that ep. They returned to Earth in that episode, and now they return to Pegasus. Who knows, I can understand your point but I'm sure we'll find out. More than one of the authors is an SGA fan and they would surely know the episode titles as well as any fan so I assume there's a reason for the titling, or it's just a preliminary title.

Comment

Sounds interesting...but nearly a year away for the first releasse...and considering how well the books are released on time already??

I I don't forget about it by the time Sept 10 rolls around....

*sigh* No Atlantis book (Dead End) being released???? Is that what I read correctly?? What the heck is the problem?? I thought everything was good to go....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                            Well titles do change. Also maybe it's a nod to that ep. They returned to Earth in that episode, and now they return to Pegasus. Who knows, I can understand your point but I'm sure we'll find out. More than one of the authors is an SGA fan and they would surely know the episode titles as well as any fan so I assume there's a reason for the titling, or it's just a preliminary title.
                            I sure hope you're right. If it turns out that there was no reason for choosing that title except that it 'sounded good,' I'm gonna be annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              Sounds interesting...but nearly a year away for
                              *sigh* No Atlantis book (Dead End) being released???? Is that what I read correctly?? What the heck is the problem?? I thought everything was good to go....
                              Not yet anyway. According to Stargatenovels it has not even been published yet. Must be held up for continuity.

Comment

So, we are going to have movies (hopefully), comics (maybe someday) and novels (at least atlantis) set post series cancellation for SG-1 and Atlantis? Hope they have a continuity editor at MGM to make sure everything stays compatible. Even Big Finish said they may be doing one six part story next year instead of six stand alone ones...

Comment

Working...
                                X