This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Evil?

This is just something I have always pondered about the goa'uld, and thought I would just throw it out there. Say a human was a willing host who was already pure evil, I mean diabolical in every way possible. Do you think the Goa'uld would go for full surpression of the host, or work as more of a symbiote like the Tok'Ra?

The Goa'uld would take complete control. It wouldn't care about the host at all as it would gain their knowledge and memories anyway. There would be no motiation for it to share.
    sigpic

Comment

would it be more evil?
      we know that the goa'uld is affected by the host to some degree...look at shar're/amonet(sp), skaara/klorel

Comment

The Goa'uld are effected by their hosts even thou they don't realise it, when sam told Osiris and Sara that Daniel was dead at the end of season five of SG-1 you could plainly see the "upset" on her face and escoys is right Klorel stoped a Jaffa from removing Teal'c first symbote in "Within the serpents grasp" and I could see Klorel debating with himself weather or not to have the symobte removed and in "Secrets" Amonet could have SG-1 possation to Apophis now no Goa'uld would do that out of the 'kindness of their hart' so to speak
        C. Edmund

Comment

Hmmm... I think that Goa-uld would turn into a Psychotic, Schitzophrenic, Split-personality affected S.O.B, Capable of the most Evil, deprivated acts of.......Evilness. If the host were as bad or worse than the Goa-uld, maybe they could actually become bonded, and can never live without the other.
          This bond makes them refer to themselves as "we'' insted of "I''. Much in the same way as, Venom, or to an even more amped degree, CARNAGE!!!

VENOM and CARNAGE
          Spoiler:
          Last edited by GuHNDoi; 19 May 2009, 06:02 AM. Reason: because I have the POWER!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
            The Goa'uld are effected by their hosts even thou they don't realise it, when sam told Osiris and Sara that Daniel was dead at the end of season five of SG-1 you could plainly see the "upset" on her face and escoys is right Klorel stoped a Jaffa from removing Teal'c first symbote in "Within the serpents grasp" and I could see Klorel debating with himself weather or not to have the symobte removed and in "Secrets" Amonet could have SG-1 possation to Apophis now no Goa'uld would do that out of the 'kindness of their hart' so to speak
            now that i think about it maybe amaunet didnt reveal their location wasnt only because of sha're not wanting daniel and co. to be killed but probably because of the fact that apophis would know the child was still there and find it and take it for himself..and amaunet/sha're did not want that...maternal bond perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Monak View Post
              This is just something I have always pondered about the goa'uld, and thought I would just throw it out there. Say a human was a willing host who was already pure evil, I mean diabolical in every way possible. Do you think the Goa'uld would go for full surpression of the host, or work as more of a symbiote like the Tok'Ra?
              I think the Goa'uld would take control when in public while letting the host out in private. I mean, if they've both the same goals, why not go with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                I think the Goa'uld would take control when in public while letting the host out in private. I mean, if they've both the same goals, why not go with it?
                i don't the goauld would care whether the host had the same goals. they think they are all powerful and that humans are scum so they would take full control.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                  i don't the goauld would care whether the host had the same goals. they think they are all powerful and that humans are scum so they would take full control.
                  I'm glad someone agrees.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Goa'uld see themselves as Gods and humans as hosts/slaves nothing more.

Comment

I don't think people like that actually exist.

Comment

If there was a horse that was pure evil, would Hitler let it ride him?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I don't think people like that actually exist.
                        Godwin's Law.
                        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                          I was expecting it as soon as I posted it to be honest, but I wouldn't class Hitler as pure evil. He did evil things yes, but not because they were evil, he did them because he thought they were the right thing for Germany, however atrociously misguided he might have been.

Comment

Personality wise, I think they are just like Humans, and are capable of everything that a Human is capable of and vice versa
                            Last edited by Ozman; 21 May 2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I was expecting it as soon as I posted it to be honest, but I wouldn't class Hitler as pure evil. He did evil things yes, but not because they were evil, he did them because he thought they were the right thing for Germany, however atrociously misguided he might have been.
                              You make a good point.

However, what about Stalin? IIRC, most of what he did was for political expedience and personal gain, rather than out of any perceived moral imperative.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                              X