Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting my 1st DVD set. Should i get season 1 or 7?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my 1st DVD set. Should i get season 1 or 7?

i really like 7, but it does seem kinda right for me to start at the begining.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Originally posted by sharky277
    i really like 7, but it does seem kinda right for me to start at the begining.
    I bought mine in reverse order because the later seasons have episode commentaries and the first three seasons do not.

Comment

but are u happy with ur decision? also, if i do go in reverse, might they start not making season 1 sets anymore?

Comment

but are u happy with ur decision? also, if i do go in reverse, might they start not making season 1 sets anymore?
        I was quite happy with the decision, and I don't think season 1 sets are likely to become difficult to find anytime soon. I purchased mine mostly from Amazon.com's used network for around $40 each. Several turned out to be brand new, and the others might as well have been based on their condition.

Comment

They are making S1 sets. I started with the first one and went thorough S7. I brought mine last spring. I believe I got my mine at Borders Books.

Comment

I recommend season one. There's something for everyone in that season, whereas season seven is a bit...lacking at times.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I personally like Season 7 a lot (it is probably my favorite season), but i would recommend starting with Season 1 and slowly working your way up untill you have all the seasons. Since Season 7 (as well as most of the more recent seasons) make references to earlier seasons, things in Season 7 will make more sense if you have seen all of the previous episodes.

I personally didnt start watching Stargate until the start of Season 7 and a lot of things in Season 7 didnt make sense until i have seen all the previous episodes since i now own all the seasons on DVD.

Comment

i think ill go with 7 cuz i loved most of the episodes and im a sucker for great Special Effects and computer generated stuff. also, it has a lot of extra stuff too were-as S1 doesnt. but dont worry, il eventually have them all!

Comment

Season 7 definitly is a good choice if you love lots of action and special effects (like me) so i would aggree with your decision. It also has the most emotional episode ever (like Heros part 2) and Micheal Shanks does an awesome acting job in Lifeboat. And of course my favorite, Lost City the coolest most action packed episode in the Season!

Comment

btw i also started watching in season 7 but because of this great site and the constant reruns iv seen or read just about every episode.

Comment

i'd start with s1
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I bought mine in order, starting with season one, and now I own all of them anyway.

Comment

Season 1. It just makes sense to go in order. Sometimes things that have happened in the earlier episodes are mentioned in later ones and it's nice to have seen them and/or to be able to go back and refresh your memory---not that mine needs refreshing mind you!!!
                          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Both

At Costco if you purchase Season 7 @ $40.00 you get Season 1 (or any other season) @ $20.00.

Otherwise, I recommend Season 1. Start from the roots.

Comment

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter if you've already seen the whole series... But for anyone who's new to Stargate, chronological order is the only way to go!
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X