X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald Civilization Class Gap?

Hello all!
    I am new to the Stargate world, I recently found a few SG1 seasons on sale and I have watched up to the middle of season 6. I am most definitely hooked and plan to be caught up on everything before SGU premiers.

Anyways, quick observation, and maybe this is answered in later seasons, but I think there seems to be a class gap in Gou'ald society that kind of bugs me.
    Okay, so the Gou'ald seem to have almost unlimited resources of mother ships, glyders, weapons, Jaffa armor, new technologies etc., but I have not seen any part of Gou'ald civilization that can support the construction and regular supply requirements of such staggering military demands.
    Common encounters with Gou'ald controlled planets seem to be rather primitive: mining colonies, military outpost, temples, prisons... I know they prefer humans to not advance technologically, but a giant group of middle class folks with serious technology know-how has got to construct all their crap.
    I've seen brief screen shots of two home planets of Gou'ald overlords that look fairly industrial, but no helpful details were given about those planets.

Will I find out more about this as I watch more, or is this left unanswered?

IIRC it's unfortunatly left unanswered. I think they do hint at some scientific Goa'ulds (In s4's Double Jeopardy and a s9/10 ep with the fat goa'uld?) but on the whole the infrastructure of their empires is largly ignored.
    sigpic

Comment

They could have secret locations for these construction facilities and could use mainly robotic construction tools guided by a few dozen lower level Goa'uld.
      sigpic

Comment

I beleive that I am right in saying during season 7 a planet is shown where hataks are build that uses a slave labour force for mining and stuff, other than that their arn't really many example of how ships and stuff are constructed and by who...

Comment

It MAY be answered in later seasons.

BTW:are you planning to watch Stargate Atlantis

Comment

We are never really given a good answer on this - only a few hints. If I remember right, in "Thor's Chariot" we see three Hataks on Cimmaria and at least one of them is under construction. And again in "Upgrades", the team travels to a planet to destroy an advanced Hatak that Apophis is building. As for infrastructure and actually how it's done - the closest we come is in "Orpheus", Season 7
            Spoiler:
            where captured Jaffa are being used in a concentration/death camp set up to process the raw ore. We also see some very sophisticated technology being used in the construction of a Hatak

The impression I was left with was that human slaves do the mindless grunt work, Jaffa slaves do the work that is too dangerous/hard for humans, and lower ranking Goa'uld oversee automated construction drones. Given how fast the Goa'uld reproduce and mature, there's probably quite a few of them around to do technical maintenance and/or oversee several human slaves to do very specific tasks - but we never really see them.

Just my two cents. Maybe someone else will remember something I don't.

Comment

This thread may help answer my question about what happens to all the Jaffas' larval goa'uld after they mature... they move to the home planets and work in the Goa'uld infrastructure.

Comment

Yea, Orpheus from season 7 shows Ha'tak construction. If I remember correctly, Serpents Lair from season 2 seems to suggest that Glider construction and maintenance takes place aboard the Ha'taks.

I would also state the Goa'uld ranking system as this:

1 - Supreme System Lord (Ra and Anubis)
                2 - System Lord (Apophis, Cronus, Yu, Baal, Nirrti, etc.)
                3 - Goa'uld Queen (Hathor)
                4 - Goa'uld (Moloc, Nerus, etc.)
                5 - First Prime (Herak, Bynarr, etc.)
                6 - Lo'tars
                7 - Jaffa Masters (Bra'tac, etc.)
                8 - Jaffa Warriors
                9 - Jaffa Guards
                10 - Jaffa Preists/Schollars
                11 - Human Palace Slaves
                12 - Human Slaves

Let me know if I missed any there.
                sigpic

Comment

hehe thats what stargate does to ya you have to listen closely to everything people say to solve the puzzle. great topic buddy

Comment

Working...
                  X