Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt the 2 races were genetically compatible.
    sigpic

Comment

I dunno about the Goa'uld being able to help the Asgard, but I do know the Law of Deminishing Returns has nothing to do with it . Deminishing returns is the theory that eventually, there will be more people than resources, as in, there is a garage that has 4 workstations, and hiring workers means more work can get done, but only 2 workers can work at one station at a time, so after you hire a 9th worker, the returns start to deminish rather than increase despite increased capacity in workers.

Hahaha, wow, I'm an Economics geek for sure.

Comment

While many are arguing that the Asgard's degeneration was beyond the symbiote's power, I disagree. We've seen the symbiote repair Charlie from the Re'tu episode and cure cancer. Both were genetic conditions. Even if the symbiote wasn't able to repair fully the Asgard body, it could have improved it somewhat. The Asgard could gain feedback and clone the improved body. Then the symbiote could repair the new body and the Asgard could gain more feedback. The process could be incremental until they had their sexual organs reproduced.

Comment

i think it wouldn't matter as the asgard would nevber take a symbiote. This is there enemy don't forget. Its like an australian asking the british for money, we just don't do it any more. We go to the US for that.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
            i think it wouldn't matter as the asgard would nevber take a symbiote. This is there enemy don't forget. Its like an australian asking the british for money, we just don't do it any more. We go to the US for that.
            haha that is one bold statement and comparison right there

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I doubt the 2 races were genetically compatible.
              Most likely just like Aris Boch's race, Asgard cannot be taken host to Goa'uld.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

The Asgard always said their original forms weren't that dissimilar to ours, and with all of their Genetic engineering skill why not just take some genetic samples from humans, tweak the heck out of it and BAM, Asgard 3.0.

Comment

Of course we could spin this into an idea along the lines of tretonin then.... Why not single out that ability in the goa'uld synthesize it and what not, yada yada yada. you follow.. Asgard cured right? just thinking out loud.
                  A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

a symbiote managed to keep the kull warriors alive even though they had multiple organ failures n whatnot so i think it could.
                    The Kull warriors were given life by ancient tech and even so, the symbiotes weren't able to keep them that way for more than a couple of weeks. Complete failure of all bodily functions is just too much for them to cope with.

Of course we could spin this into an idea along the lines of tretonin then.... Why not single out that ability in the goa'uld synthesize it and what not, yada yada yada. you follow.. Asgard cured right? just thinking out loud.
                    As mentioned before:
                    Also, a simpler way to look at it is that the Asgard knew about Tretonin and so if Goa'uld were the solution to their problem, they would probably ask us for a sample to try to modify and test. Although if they were as smart as everyone seems to think and a medicine was the solution, they would have created it themselves some time ago. (And don't use the Replicator war as an excuse for them, they knew what was coming and had scientists working on it.)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X