This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicity

Okay, Okay. So, maybe I'm a bit OCD and nit picky... But, there are times when the same actor is used to play a different character than they have already portrayed on the series... It bugs me. But, it's fun to identify.

The ones I can remember noticing so far are:

It seems the characters Hanno in "Cor Ai" and Simon in "Demons" are played by the same actor.
    Narim and Weir's partner Simon
    Young General Hammond in "1969" and I think it's Kearney in "Lockdown"

Has anybody noticed any others? Maybe I'm just a finicky A-hole. But it's fun. =D
    A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

There are so many. I noticed a lot more when I watched all through SG-1 again.

But yes I did find it fun as a little extra thing to notice.

Comment

actualy i always laugh harder when i see Old red shirts from the star trek shows (Next gen, DS9, voyager, and enterprise) as extras/cannon fodder in the stargate shows lol.

lol i actualy remember one specific episode a extra i had JUST seen in a voyager episode i watched was a cannon fodder in that weeks SG-A (watche voyager on dvd)

Comment

Elliot in SG-1(Proving Ground, Summit, Last Stand) was Keras, the leader in Childhood's End.
        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

the actor who plays Carson Beckett also played the young Ernest littlefield (sg1-the torment of tantalus)
          sigpic
          Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Alessandro Juliani was in Scorched Earth as an alien and Moebius as an ancient Egyptian, and the bloke who played Malachi in Window of opportunity was an SGC doctor in a series 10 episode (can't remember the name off the top of my head.)

Comment

The actor who plays Lucien Lovin also plays one of the scientists in the original movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                The actor who plays Lucien Lovin also plays one of the scientists in the original movie.
                So it WAS the same actor! I forget to check when I noticed it to make sure. I watched it and was a bit annoyed that they didn't seem to notice something like that when casting him. Or mabye they didn't care.
                I can be a bit OCD about these things and I think it's a bit careless, I'm sure there are many aspiring actors who would be willing to play an extra but it doensn't affect my viewing to much I guess.
                "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                  Ah yes, I'd forgot about him, mind you i had completely erased all memory of those Irr... episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                    Elliot in SG-1(Proving Ground, Summit, Last Stand) was Keras, the leader in Childhood's End.
                    Oh yes yes yes.. Thank you. I thought so on that one, but couldnt be positive... Your a thinker.
                    A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

Also the high priestess in SGA Season 1 episode "Sanctuary", was the girl who switched with Keller in "Identity" (SGA Season 5)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by deadegg View Post
                        Okay, Okay. So, maybe I'm a bit OCD and nit picky... But, there are times when the same actor is used to play a different character than they have already portrayed on the series... It bugs me. But, it's fun to identify.

The ones I can remember noticing so far are:

It seems the characters Hanno in "Cor Ai" and Simon in "Demons" are played by the same actor.
                        Narim and Weir's partner Simon
                        Young General Hammond in "1969" and I think it's Kearney in "Lockdown"

Has anybody noticed any others? Maybe I'm just a finicky A-hole. But it's fun. =D
                        Try watching the Law & Order franchise. At one point, an actress guest starred as a sex crazed murder and then showed up as an Assistant District Attorney. In another scenario, one of the actors in the early years of Law & Order showed up as a dirty cop on one of the others shows in a completely different role.

...and that's not even going into Diana Muldar's various appearances on ST:TOS
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                          Alessandro Juliani was in Scorched Earth as an alien and Moebius as an ancient Egyptian, and the bloke who played Malachi in Window of opportunity was an SGC doctor in a series 10 episode (can't remember the name off the top of my head.)
                          Yup! I noticed that at first when they showed a far away shot of the scientist in that Season 10 episode. Also that actor had a recurring role in [I believe] 5-6 Macgyver episodes. (In one of those Macgyver episodes, he is a bad guy along with Don S. Davis in one episode of Macgyver)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                            and the bloke who played Malachi in Window of opportunity was an SGC doctor in a series 10 episode (can't remember the name off the top of my head.)
                            I believe his name was Dr. Rymer

Dr. D
                            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

the young girl in the episode where teal'c gets stung by the giant bug and gets covered in that cocoon crap is the same person nwho plays Cassandra when she has the special powers (ability to make chess pieces spin).
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X