This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the walkway to the gate

i was just wondering why the walkway leading up to the Gate in the SGC doesnt get damged at the event horizon when there is an active wormhole?

the walkway is always complete when any SG team return through the gate, shouldnt the gate transport the matter of the walkway through it aswell? the same principal applies to the stone steps that off world gates are usual contained in.

any other thoughts are welcome.

Originally posted by deezer47 View Post
    i was just wondering why the walkway leading up to the Gate in the SGC doesnt get damged at the event horizon when there is an active wormhole?

the walkway is always complete when any SG team return through the gate, shouldnt the gate transport the matter of the walkway through it aswell? the same principal applies to the stone steps that off world gates are usual contained in.

any other thoughts are welcome.
    If you look closely, there is space between the walkways and the center of the gate. The walkway never touches the event horizon.

Comment

well i dont think the sgc one would be a problem the gate isn't set into anything is it ? but i think the reason for the sga one or other gates set into the ground is that the ground acts lyk an iris but just for that small section of the gate . and stops an event horizon from forming

Comment

If you look closely from a side view scene, the Kawoosh (Which is what vaporizes matter! Not the event horizon) blasts out from the center of the event horizon when it's forming, and it's circumference never touches the top of the ramp!

Basically, The circumference of the kawoosh is less than that of the actual event horizon and the start of the ramp is just about low down enough!

EDIT: For those Off-World scenes where the gate is actually embedded within the ground, in stone or whatever... Remember the SGA Episode "38 Minutes"?... Any object that doesn't pass thru the event horizon in it's 100% entirety does not de-molecuralize for transport. Plus the fact that the surface of which the gate is mounted in, passes thru the gate making it as effective as an iris (even more effective than an Iris if ya think about it!) therefore making it more or less impossible for a part of the event horizon to form within that particular part of the space!

I suppose if you think again... the first part of that last paragraph becomes irrelevant if you consider the second half of it! lol. I'll shut up now so I can stop frackin my own head up!
        Last edited by orion2sirius; 19 April 2009, 12:22 PM.
        www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

i am going to agree with everybody else. The vortex never actually touches the ramp which is why it is unaffected.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

Tha part of the gate that's embedded in the ground or something wouldn't form a wormhole in that section because it would act like the gate was burried so I think that section never actually forms therefore it wouldn't disintegrat the ramp or rock, etc. I hope this makes sense. Thats my best guess anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfgh View Post
              Tha part of the gate that's embedded in the ground or something wouldn't form a wormhole in that section because it would act like the gate was burried so I think that section never actually forms therefore it wouldn't disintegrat the ramp or rock, etc. I hope this makes sense. Thats my best guess anyways.
              As Teal'c would say... "Indeed"..! lol
              www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

those are all very true thank you. its just when objects enter the gate they can be damaged if they dont pass through the event horizon when the wormhole disingages, eg repli-carter. i just thought the same principles would apply to the ramp aswell.

Comment

Working...
                X