This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pelops and Nirrti: One In The Same?

I'm sure others have noticed that Pelops' plan to speed up the evolutionary process on the Argosians to see what the Goa'uld host would eventually become is similar to Nirrti's plan to create a a Hok'Tar (an advanced human).

I was wondering what prompted the similarity.

Is it that the writers thought it best to bring back Nirrti to explore that idea (which wasn't mentioned until Brief Candle) instead of Pelops (who by season 5 might be considered an obscure character)?
    I roll the dice and everyone else loses.

No just for the simple reason in Greek mythology Pelops is a male
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      No just for the simple reason in Greek mythology Pelops is a male
      Sorry, I forgot to clarfiy the title.

By one in the same I mean from a production stand point, as in the producers/writers moved their intentions for Pelops to Nirrti.

I didn't mean to imply that, within the fictional story, they were the same character.
      I roll the dice and everyone else loses.

Comment

Well why couldn't they be the same? They are the Goa'uld, it's not as if they can't switch hosts and therefore change gender, and if they so chose, names. Which makes me wonder if the Goa'uld can recognize each other sans host.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

so if nirrti went into a male host and still needed male people to make goaulds.......

Comment

I noticed the similarity in Pelops' and Nirrti's research, and since we never saw Pelops in the show (and apparently hadn't been seen on Argos in a while), I wondered if Nirrti may not have killed him, taken over his domain to increase her own, and based her Hok'tau idea upon Pelops' research into future human development, albeit using a different method. The Goa'uld are scavengers by nature; it's only natural that they would steal ideas and technology from each other as well as alien races (Ancients, etc).
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

It is a shared aim among all Goa'uld to have a superior host, Apophis Anubis also worked on this. They all just work in different ways but the aims all the same a better host.
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
              "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

I like that catch of the similarity between Pelops and Nerti. Perhaps she did take over pelop's realms, or was him. But alas, we will never know for certain.

Comment

Working...
                X