Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that SGA has ended and BSG is nearing it's end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that SGA has ended and BSG is nearing it's end...

It has never been more clear how superior BSG is to SGA in every way possible. Acting, CGI, music, scriptwriting and the immersion. The more SGA went, the more it became a family show. It didn't feel serious anymore. The wraith felt of something from a Saturday morning cartoon. While BSG has though-provoking plots and has something that adds to the sci-fi genre. SGA felt at the end like a really outdated SG-1. And come on! Nothing beats Edward James Olmos' acting....

Never saw BSG and SGA was the show that got me into the Stargate franchise so for me, SGA had that 'hook' to get me into the show that BSG didn't have. Probably to do with the awesome concept of the 'stargate' idea.
    sigpic

Comment

oh, not again....
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

The BSG series WAS a great series, for about 2 seasons it was one of the best on tv but it has become mostly garbage today. Poor plots, actors like EJO and Hogan out of their depth due to crummy tv style writing and the Battlestar show has lost all its humor and become a depressing soap opera mess.

Battlestar will suck in syndication, it has little or no re-watch value and its story has become a mess

However Stargate and Simpsons are different shows, they do strong in syndication and are due to get more high numbers in re-runs. They have loveliness in the characters and the shows have a bit of humor ever episode.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          oh, not again....
          indeed.
          sigpic

Comment

It's almost the exact opposite for me.

I'm kind of suckered in right now watching for the end of BSG because i want to see it after this time. Problem is, after that, I figure I'm not really into watching it again. Stargate DVD's can always be popped in, but I've never felt the need to buy a BSG DVD set.

It's two very different things, IMO.

Comment

There is an identical thread here :
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=56714&page=28
              This thread is redundant,so I'm closing it.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
              X