Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My idea for an alternate timeline movie.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for an alternate timeline movie.

Imagine right now in the world we live in as of 01/21/09 The US and China have space ships capable of pretty much destroyed the world. What if one day without the US realizing it China had built ten or so BC304 and attempted to take the gate by force. And we got a SG World War. And or SG side has to try and stop it before it destroys the world completely.

Imagine ruined cities with BC304s on each side going at it with F302s soaring below fighting each other. And a Mark 9 going off in the background.

Why would china take such a risk?
    It's a good Idea and a what if disscussion point, but why?
    How would they deal with the other nations...
    Would they risk blowing the secret?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Why would china take such a risk?
      It's a good Idea and a what if disscussion point, but why?
      How would they deal with the other nations...
      Would they risk blowing the secret?
      It would make a good what if discussion. What if Atlantis was on earth in the new timeline, and they struck back at the chinese 304s?
      Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I'm gonna go with a 'no' on this idea. It's called MAD for a reason, after all.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

I sincerely doubt that China (or any country for that matter) could develop several ships capable of destroying Earth without the US knowing. Their satellites would definitely pick up any suspicious activity.
          sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

well, it's not popular to use China as the enemy in the movie these days especially since the market over there and the direct war between two is unlikely...
            but all they need to do is invent a freak who secrectly took over the command in china, then you can have china still stay on the good side without both go into a direct war.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I'm a little sick of alternate timeline plots.
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Why steal the gate when they can use a BC304 to go get one from another planet?

Comment

China may be a friendly country in SG but the are far from it in RL. They shoot people on sight for stupid stuff like photographing police.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                    Call me crazy, but I'm a little sick of alternate timeline plots.
                    You and me both.

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                    China may be a friendly country in SG but the are far from it in RL. They shoot people on sight for stupid stuff like photographing police.
                    Sure, China can be a ***** when it comes to shooting people, but in the end, shooting someone does not equal bombing the **** out of anyone else, mainly because the US has second strike capabilities, which would mean that not only does the US get blown to bits, but China does as well. Ergo, they have no legitimate reason for attacking the US.
                    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

a cold war kind senario could happen if they really get ticked of at the USA for holding back technology.

They build 304's, somehow
                      They Get a gate with a DHD
                      They block US gate, and influences russia to ask for it.
                      US goes out and gets its own gate.

well, this could turn into a real mess.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I personally want to see one where the alternate Earth is centuries ahead of us. Steam was originally invented by the Greek philosopher, so it can happen. Of course, in that reality Greek, not English, would by the world language.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                          I personally want to see one where the alternate Earth is centuries ahead of us. Steam was originally invented by the Greek philosopher, so it can happen. Of course, in that reality Greek, not English, would by the world language.
                          a greek philosopher invented steam? did edison also invent electricity?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            a greek philosopher invented steam? did edison also invent electricity?
                            I wonder who invented water? Egyptians, Babylonians ???

I don't know about Greeks but I read somewhere that Romans were close to inventing steam engine and they, in fact, would do that if not for their extensive use of slaves as cheap labour that didn't make them progress quicker (like the South before the US Civil War)

And, if we speak about more advanced human societies, we can look at Tollans- they were human, all the humans in MW should have originated on Earth and brought to other planets by Goua'uld, so they really continued to advance while we had Middle Ages etc. and were ahead of us by centuries before being wiped out...
                            - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Working...
                            X