Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk about anthing! have to keep this thread goin for the sake of the British empire! I mean nation

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Uniform is simple - stick with the good old BRITISH style flying suit.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Uniform is simple - stick with the good old BRITISH style flying suit.
        What about the brittish weapons in the armoury?
        what guns do we use
        sigpic

Comment

I would say a working SA80.... other than that... not sure.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

The standard weapon of the British Armed forces is the SA80 L85A2, which whilst has had significant criticism from people is actually a very effective and capable weapon. It didn't used to be, it had an unhealthy tendency to jam along with various other problems - realising this however, the MOD in essence, ordered the manufacturers to fix it. They did, and now the SA80 family are spectacular. Additionally, the LSW would be a highly effective and slightly heavier in terms of fire power, weapon to have on board, ideal for holding a position.

Though it has to be said, the SAS prefer to utilise the American M16, so the armaments on board should depend upon the crew of the ship. The SA80 family for the most part with some considerable stocks of M16s for Special Forces personnel.

Additionally, Javalins and Stingers in the armoury would be very useful.

Finally - you can't have 'aircrew' (space crew?) without a good old Browning 9mm pistol.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Though it has to be said, the SAS prefer to utilise the American M16, so the armaments on board should depend upon the crew of the ship. The SA80 family for the most part with some considerable stocks of M16s for Special Forces personnel.
              Don't they use the Canadian licence built version, the C7 and C8 rather than M16s and M4s?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Don't they use the Canadian licence built version, the C7 and C8 rather than M16s and M4s?
                To be fair, they use EVERYTHING, but C8s definitely rank up there in the 'frequently used' section. But as far as I'm aware M16s have a 'special' place in the hearts.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

To be fair, they use EVERYTHING, but C8s definitely rank up there in the 'frequently used' section. But as far as I'm aware M16s have a 'special' place in the hearts.
                  Ah, right, fair enough! Phew - thought I was gonna have to retcon my fic for a moment!
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Thought i would post a pic of my new look fighter, created to work alongside the F-302s. The big advantage is the shorter wing span, dont know what it will carry yet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      Thought i would post a pic of my new look fighter, created to work alongside the F-302s. The big advantage is the shorter wing span, dont know what it will carry yet.
                      Looks nice! Reminds me of the Raptors in BSG!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        Looks nice! Reminds me of the Raptors in BSG!
                        I was thinking more 'Delta Flyer' from Voyager...

Is this a space only fighter (minimal wings, no tail fins) or a next generation air/space fighter (copying Death Glider, Wraith Dart and Puddle Jumper designs and not needing aerodynamic surfaces)?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Is this a space only fighter (minimal wings, no tail fins) or a next generation air/space fighter (copying Death Glider, Wraith Dart and Puddle Jumper designs and not needing aerodynamic surfaces)?
                          It's next gen, using technology like the anti-gravity generator, but its not as fast as the 302 in the air. It was created for my fighter carrier on the modeling challenge thread. The main benefit over the 302 is the shorter wingspan.

sigpic

Comment

It's next gen, using technology like the anti-gravity generator, but its not as fast as the 302 in the air. It was created for my fighter carrier on the modeling challenge thread. The main benefit over the 302 is the shorter wingspan.
                            It looks pretty damn cool, I must say
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X