This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate/DHD Correlative Updates

How can they correlate with stargates/dhds in other galaxies without enough power?

Would you mind rephrasing your question? I think no one has responded because it's not clear what you're asking.

Sparky

Comment

I think they do understand. They just don't want to put down useless comments. like this one
      I don't think they even do.
      I taught only one gate could reach the other galaxy's likt only the atlantis gate can dial earth and we have only seen the earth gate dial other galaxys.
      Today Is Yesterdays Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Icegod
        I think they do understand. They just don't want to put down useless comments. like this one
        I don't think they even do.
        I taught only one gate could reach the other galaxy's likt only the atlantis gate can dial earth and we have only seen the earth gate dial other galaxys.
        I am sure (not positive, correct me if Im wrong) that they only THINK that the Atlantis gate is the only gate in the Pegasus galaxy that can dial the Earth gate

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
          I am sure (not positive, correct me if Im wrong) that they only THINK that the Atlantis gate is the only gate in the Pegasus galaxy that can dial the Earth gate
          Spoiler:
          I thought the hologram in atlantis whenn they first arrived said that the atlantis gate was the only gate that was able to send them home. And that that was why they ultimately sunk the city after the last survivor going through so that the Wraith could not follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Icegod
            Spoiler:
            I thought the hologram in atlantis whenn they first arrived said that the atlantis gate was the only gate that was able to send them home. And that that was why they ultimately sunk the city after the last survivor going through so that the Wraith could not follow.
            yeah but
            Spoiler:
            in the 10th episode McKay separeted the device that maked the gate work to dial Earth and hooked it up to another gate where there was a lot of mist apperantly you need such a device to get there I think but since we build our own DHD we can go to other galaxys
            Lord Zedd

Comment

I realize I write these when half asleep but even after rereading it seems crystal clear.

I'll try again.

correlative updates are used by DHD's so stargate in the milky way galaxy can lock on to each other and open wormholes. We know that without Ra's stargate's DHD the early shows gave rough rides or no locks because the gate team didn't have the Abydos cartouches to recalibrate their crude dialing device.

so the Avenger show showed that without properly calibrated coordinates that the DHD's share then the stargates all were not operative except Earth's hacked one.

Thus if all Milky Way DHD/Stargate's do not have enough power to connect to Pegasus and Ida galaxy Stargates/DHD's then how can they lock so easily onto to Othalla and the new Atlantis homeworld in Pegasus after so many thousands and millions of years of stellar drift.

come on guys brevity should be the soul of wit.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                yeah but
                Spoiler:
                in the 10th episode McKay separeted the device that maked the gate work to dial Earth and hooked it up to another gate where there was a lot of mist apperantly you need such a device to get there I think but since we build our own DHD we can go to other galaxys
                Your quite right there. forgot about that so if you have the device you can make every gate dial other galaxys/home. And since we build our dhd we can modify it to what end we need it

Thus if all Milky Way DHD/Stargate's do not have enough power to connect to Pegasus and Ida galaxy Stargates/DHD's then how can they lock so easily onto to Othalla and the new Atlantis homeworld in Pegasus after so many thousands and millions of years of stellar drift..
                I would believe that the stellar drift is the same everywhere. So once our crude dhd was recalibrated it can dial everywhere without any problems. And as foe us being able to power the gate. Jack built the zpm, that powered the gate for both trips but is now spend, the first time the ancients repository was downlaoded in his brain.

Comment

Cooralative updates only occur within a galaxy. The 8 symbol address is probably broad enough that it can target a galaxy for millions and millions of years without requiring the address to change. It's possible that 8 symbols only targets the entire galaxy, then within that galaxy, a 'special' gate picks up the signal. (In the Milky Way case, whatever gate on Earth is dominant.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Cooralative updates may need a lot less power then opening a wormhole and may even be on a diffent channel then the wormhole is on

Comment

It is possible that there is another gate in our galaxy that has the power to dial other galaxies that we don't know about. And that gate was the one who issued the update.
                      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

There is little to no need to transmit DHD Correlative updates between galaxies. This is clear given that the number of symbols on the Pegasus gates and the Milky way gates are different, the pegasus DHDs have no facility to dial 8 symbol addresses, and there has been no indication that the MW DHDs have the facility to dial 8 symbol addresses.

If somebody knows enough about the stargates to coax them into establishing an inter-galactic wormhole, and they know where the gate is to establish the wormhole to, they certainly should be able to make the adjustments necessary to account for the change in relative positions between the stargates.

Atlantis Spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        How did the SGC establish the wormhole with the Atlantis gate? In "Rising" it is suggested that Dr. Jackson discovered the address to Atlantis within the Antartic outpost. But if we accept that correlations are not transmitted between galaxies such an address must have been out of date. The SGC must have known how to correlate 8 symbol addresses and intergalactic location (they knew that Atlantis would be in the "pegasus galaxy"). Furthermore it does not seem that Dr. Jackson simply found the the complete address intact, but had to put it together.

Let me continue with some speculation. The Ancients who returned from Pegasus must have passed through the Antartic outpost, and left some indication of where they had left Atlantis. It is doubtful that when the Ancients left the Milky Way they knew where Atlantis would find its home. I find it reasonable that the Ancients simply left the location of atlantis which Dr. Jackson translated to an 8 symbol address.

Comment

Working...
                        X