Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has a element called "Plototnim" that tells when and when not to light up.
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Another plot hole, TPTB always stated the SGC gate was the money shot so maybe it gets little extras to make it more dramatic or something

Comment

it's because stargate travel isn't instantaneous, the lights don't start lighting up until the outgoing wormhole is finished being dialed. the length of time it takes for the lights to all light up is approximately the same as travel time between gates.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

The ancients are powerfull u never know.............
          “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
          “Sidekick?”
          “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
          “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
            Often times when the SGC dials another planet, the destination gate would start to light up. How does a destination gate on another planet know when to light up when the entire number hasn't been dialed yet to that gate? And visa versa, Earths gate starts to light up even when they haven't been completely dialed yet.
            Because it's probably like the green light that goes on every time you boot up your computer. It still goes on, even though not all of the software had been uploaded yet (Ultimate question: How long can one actually wait for Windows? ). I'll bet it's a programmed default into the hardware of the whole gate network so that it activates the chips that contain the "software", if you want to call it that, that will upload the transportation wormhole that will be completely finished when it gets an address.
            StarshineRoxie
            A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X