Tollans the next "ancients"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
    Well, neither the Tollan nor Aschen possessed hyperdrive technology. They were progbably near the same level, but the Tollan were more advanced. The Aschen more so in medical technology and bioweapons. The Hebridians, by all accounts do possess fairly good hyperdrive technology, and, while they may not have the defenses of the Tollan, or the medical tech of the Aschen, are pretty close to the Tollan. However, none were even close to becoming the next Ancients. That honor lies with the Asgard and Earth.
    The Tollan had hyperdrives, they were just slow ones; that much we know. The Aschen may also have had extremely slow FTL systems, but we just don't know.

And Earth is nowhere near ready to become the next Ancients; we're the most hypocritical race of all, demanding perfection from every other group in the universe while we slaughter each other here on our own world.

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
    I must say that the Hebridians were supposedly wiped by the Ori I think in season 10 of SG1, I don't recall the episode it was mentioned in but Carter definitively said something about them being wiped out.
    Carter said Hebridan fell to the Ori, not that the people were wiped out. There's a difference.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Carter said Hebridan fell to the Ori, not that the people were wiped out. There's a difference.
      Well I doubt the Ori would have left any of them alive if they weren't willing to follow Origin.

Comment

Well I doubt the Ori would have left any of them alive if they weren't willing to follow Origin.
        They probably converted to save their species/civilization. God knows that's what I would have done... I mean, all the Ori want is to change our state religion.

Seems like an obvious choice for me until someone can defeat them.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          They probably converted to save their species/civilization. God knows that's what I would have done... I mean, all the Ori want is to change our state religion.

Seems like an obvious choice for me until someone can defeat them.
          I'd rather die than be forced to live some other way of life that I didn't agree with, especially if I knew that the end had absolutely no meaning.
          I mean you're just providing the Ori with more power to kill your creators, well if your a Human from Hebridan I don't know about the Serrakin people.

Perhaps if you can bluff it, but I get the feeling that the Ori and the Priors could see through any lies when they were actively searching.

Comment

Originally posted by XsupermaniaX View Post
            We all know how super advanced the tollans were, but were they on the path to becoming the next "ancients"? (in terms of similar technology)

If you think about it, the tollans were one of the most advanced civilizations in the milky way, similar to the ancient drones, they had the technology to pass or allow things to pass through solid material. they had advanced technology that disabled almost every type of weapon and most scary of all, they had a way to have unlimited energy. now i don't know if that applies to technology that need high level of energy in a small period of time, but its still a great thing to have (in fact it basically destroyed a planet). so if it wasn't for Anubis, would the tallons be able to match / surpass the ancients?
            The ancient outpost easily took out 30+ of anubises fleet. In AoT they said the outpost weapons couldnt take 5 ori ships. Ori are a branch of the ancients technology. Therefore the Tollan wouldnt have stood a chance next to the ancients.

Comment

I'd rather die than be forced to live some other way of life that I didn't agree with, especially if I knew that the end had absolutely no meaning.
              I mean you're just providing the Ori with more power to kill your creators, well if your a Human from Hebridan I don't know about the Serrakin people.

Perhaps if you can bluff it, but I get the feeling that the Ori and the Priors could see through any lies when they were actively searching.
              Actually they cannot see through lies, they had a rebellion in their home galaxy that had infiltrated the higher levels of their governance, they had spy in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Actually they cannot see through lies, they had a rebellion in their home galaxy that had infiltrated the higher levels of their governance, they had spy in the city.
                I thought the Priors could probe people minds if they wished to.
                Adria was able to put a false message in Vala's dreams so actually probing someone's mind shouldn't be that much of a stretch, SG1 even put false memories in her head so that Adria couldn't tell that she was lying about leaving the team in the episode Dominion (SG1 season 10).
                Don't forget that Khalek was able to hear what people were thinking.

When I said actively searching what I meant was if they were suspicious of a particular individual they could probe that individual, but one person who acted normal amongst a whole village or city would probably go unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  The ancient outpost easily took out 30+ of anubises fleet. In AoT they said the outpost weapons couldnt take 5 ori ships. Ori are a branch of the ancients technology. Therefore the Tollan wouldnt have stood a chance next to the ancients.
                  I'd imagine that's because the outpost was surely low on drones in AoT.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

I like to think they were a bit like the original Battlestar Gallactica crew. They fled to space in ships. True the majority of them were shot down, but it doesn't mean all of them were destroyed. Just because communications were severed doesn't mean they were completely wiped out. There was that race they met in Atlantis who remained afloat in their space ships, I think along those lines. They didn't have enough time to fully Ascend, though the thought would be nice. Oma was still around at that time so you never know.

Comment

Working...
                    X