Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Continuum and Battlestar Sets same!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Continuum and Battlestar Sets same!

I've been noticing this for a while now, but there are at least 3 sets which are the same - and I thought the Stargate and Battlestar franchises were produced by different companies (then again I don't know much about movies)

Basically:
    Ba'al's Failsafe Machine (Stargate Continuum) - Ragnor Deck (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries Parts 1 and 2) - The Temple of Five - (Battlestar Galactica Season 3 - The Eye of Jupiter)

its probably coincidence that they looked the same.

Comment

complete coincidence BSG is owned by NBC

stargate is owned by MGM
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For people who don't watch BSG can you provide screencaps?
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

they are both shoot at the same studio... along with Smallville..
          Vancouver Film Studios and The Bridge Studios (that is i think Stargate has moved every set to The Bridge Studios now )

Comment

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
            I've been noticing this for a while now, but there are at least 3 sets which are the same - and I thought the Stargate and Battlestar franchises were produced by different companies (then again I don't know much about movies)

Basically:
            Ba'al's Failsafe Machine (Stargate Continuum) - Ragnor Deck (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries Parts 1 and 2) - The Temple of Five - (Battlestar Galactica Season 3 - The Eye of Jupiter)
            That set was build specifically for SG: Continuum.

It's all just a coincidence.

Comment

They dont even look the same... two completly different sets!
              Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

For BSG, Ragnar Anchorage and the Temple of Five were shot in the same potash silo.

Baal's time machine looked very CG in Continuum, however.
                Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Could it be that they might have been the same but they where just using them? I remember reading something a while back about the Atlantis set being used for a movie or something like that (Non-stargate).

Too the issue of Ba'al failsafe being CG. I noticed alot of shots that where. (If they where CG I wouldn't know. I just figured they were.) Like the one where they are running to the Stargate in the beginning. Then again when they are sliding down after escaping the ship (Though that is for a good reason.) and then a few others that I can't think of off hand.

Comment

Because, you know, a round room with a silo in the middle is a proprietary design and anyone using it must be recycling someone else's idea.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well yeah, but I believe they were also referring to the platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X