This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this have been...

Could Alexander the Great been a Goa'uld? and for that matter what about Hitler or stalin?

What are everyones thoughts?

anyting is possible

how about Merlin? you know that whole 'ageing backwards' bit?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
      Could Alexander the Great been a Goa'uld? and for that matter what about Hitler or stalin?

Hitler and Stalin should have been one. IMO, that's all they wanted power, power, power, like the Goa'uld. As for Alex the Great, I couldn't tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        how about Merlin?
        that would be a cool idea. someone could write a fanfic about that.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

See I can see Merlin being more of an Ancient then an Goa'uld but Hitler had to have been a Goa'uld lol maybe it was Seth and Daniel just didnt put the two together!

Comment

See I can see Merlin being more of an Ancient then an Goa'uld but Hitler had to have been a Goa'uld lol maybe it was Seth and Daniel just didnt put the two together!
            Or Merlin could be Tok'ra. I could almost see that.
            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Maybe Merlin was half-ascended, and had knowledge of future events that lead him to believe he was ageing backwards! I dunno about Hitler, although he did have an uncanny ability to control the masses. His whole racial-purity scam doesnt seem canon with Goa'uld tactics to me. If Alexander was a Goa'uld, howcome he was fiddling around with armies if he could use super-tech and wipe them all out with Tacs?
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                Hitler and Stalin should have been one. IMO, that's all they wanted power, power, power, like the Goa'uld. As for Alex the Great, I couldn't tell ya.
                Okay, I can't resist commenting on this one.

As I've explained to some of you, my primary work involves writing blocks of military history for other people who do not want to deal with the research themselves. I also write what is currently called "counterfactual history" or "alternate history."

My current project involves psychics and sorcerers in the cold war. I took great pains to emphasize that even though I had inserted sinister little sorcerers into lots of historical events, Hitler and Stalin and the holocaust and the progroms had happened unchanged. It is a convention widely (though not universally) followed withing the RPG publishing community. Ken Hite gives similar reasoning in a box in his GURPS Weird War II book.

Here was my primary reasoning, and i think it applies here as well:
                “I have seen the enemy, and he is us.”

The nightmares of this world, Hitler’s Third Reich, Stalin’s Soviet Union, Mao’s China, and Pol Pot’s Cambodia are compelling game settings for [Book Title Deleted] . Game Masters should realize though that not all players will be comfortable within these settings, and the players’ sensitivities should be taken into account before the beginning of a campaign set within genocidal tyrannies.

Another potentially dangerous trap lay with how one portrays people like concentration camp commanders, red guards, or other monsters of history when the paranormal and the supernatural are introduced to the world. It can be very tempting to make events like the Holocaust or the gulags related to some occult conspiracy—the Nazi obsession with the occult making it even more tempting. Making the monsters of humanity into something other than ordinary men puts some distance between them and us. Any removal of the evildoers from humanity makes their acts less horrifying.

It is a temptation that should be avoided. Flesh and blood human beings commit acts of horror. Removing ordinary men from the horrors of real events conveniently removes us from them as well. We are no longer forced to ask, “What would I have done?” because we know that we do not live in a world of magic and supermen. People kill people. To suggest otherwise does a disservice to the victims, and to us.

Comment

Alexander the Great Yes, the other two no (IMO). Because Hitler and Stalin were in power in the 20th century. I think for a good Goa'uld character, it should be taken, it must take place several hundred years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMartin
                    Alexander the Great Yes, the other two no (IMO). Because Hitler and Stalin were in power in the 20th century. I think for a good Goa'uld character, it should be taken, it must take place several hundred years ago.
                    I'll agree to that.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hitler, yes; Stalin, no; Alexander, no. Why? Stalin was a complete imbecile. Truly, he was a backwoods Georgian (USSR) moron who couldn't find his ass with five hands and a searchlight. A complete ignorant piece of crap who had not one shred of intelligence in his dense skull. I have no clue how such a waste of DNA was able to attain such a high level of power, but if you look around these days, it's not hard to see how morons can get elected here in the US, so it must apply abroad too.

Hitler was completely insane, but he was one shrewd and intelligent maniac, just like your average snakehead. Alexander the Great was a military leader, no more; no less. He was smart, but he lived for the battle and victory. I'm not sure he was power hungry in the same sense that Hitler was. I think Alexander liked the battle more than the actual conquest, but I could be wrong.

The question is, if Hitler was a Goa'uld, why didn't he have any technology? Also, like another poster said, racial superiority wasn't really a Goa'uld thing, was it? I mean, they think they are superior, but I can't see them worrying about hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, and things like Jewishness.

What if George W. is a Goa'uld? Heh...oh wait, maybe he's a Nox...seems to be as bright as one of them.

Comment

I would reply in full, but it would be a little unnecessary. Major Fischer has already said what I would have said and with a little back-up authoritah from Ken Hite anything I could add would be redundant.

I'll just add my agreement, then; Hitler and Stalin, not Goa'uld. I did once write a WWII set SG-1 fanfic, but the only Goa'uld was a minor player in the action; the serious monsters were all human.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I could mabe see hitler as a goa'uld but I don't think he or stalin really fit the mo at all hitler was just high all the time and stalin was crazy(he even had a phycaligist killed for aying he was crazy). I could how ever see himler(leader of the SS) as a goa'uld he did kind of make a religion that he S followed. but hitler aslo made a relegion but i don't think he said he was a good or anythign like that.
                          -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                          GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                          M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                          ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                          geekcode

Comment

Ghengis Khan? Benito Mussolini? Mao Zedong? Fidel Castro or Saddam for that matter. Anyone could be or could have beena Goa'uld.

Comment

The Goa'ould will do anything to gain power, thast why the racial thing was used. sure would explain why they had a DHD. and possibly the reason he wouldnt use the tech is cause if he did the Germans would rise against him. because then they would realize he is trying to enslave humans, including themselves.

and LordAnubis, Kerry couldn't really be a goa'ould, to much of a sissy. but he could be frankenstien

Comment

Working...
                              X