This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deja vu?

back in sg-1's 5th season, a lot of people thought that the season final would be the series final, just like with atlantis right now.

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

awesome

does that mean we are gonna get 5 more seasons of Atlantis? Get up to s10, get cancelled and then get 2+ DVD movies out of it?
    Meh.

Comment

Well technically sg-1 did get cancelled but it just got picked up on another network

Comment

Originally posted by whiteout49 View Post
        Well technically sg-1 did get cancelled but it just got picked up on another network
        Yeah, but Showtime was cool about letting another network carry on. Skiffy though, if it's cancelled then it's dead.

sigpic

Comment

SG1 could have wrapped up everything by the end of season 7 (pending some tweaking) which was actually something that was gonna happen.

I see SGA going 7 seasons also, they ain't done yet and they need more time to wrap up the overall story so I personally don't see SGA gettin scraped after this season. If it does get canceled prematurely though, hopefully another network will pick it up before its finally dead. Did Showtime fail to do that with SG1?

God bless the people who decided to keep SG1 going for 10 years though!
          They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
            awesome

does that mean we are gonna get 5 more seasons of Atlantis? Get up to s10, get cancelled and then get 2+ DVD movies out of it?
            That would be cool.
            The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Karhedron
            I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

the fact that Sci-Fi is run by a bunch of *incredibly long string of explitives and childing name calling*

sorry but anyways

the only way they can continue atlantis is to bring out some new badguys who are actualy a threat but not so big of a threat that we are left wondering

"well why dont they just storm atlantis and wipe it off the map?"

in sg-1 the goa'uld couldnt bring themselves to work together to do it or couldnt afford to send the troops without exposing themselves to other goa'uld
              the replicators were kept busy by the asgard
              the ori didnt have there full force in the milky way and didnt want to risk the wrath of the ancient chair just yet.

right now with atlantis they are the big fish and with no threat to them it gets kinda boring.... but you cant throw a shark into the water without unbalancing it all

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
                SG1 could have wrapped up everything by the end of season 7 (pending some tweaking) which was actually something that was gonna happen.

I see SGA going 7 seasons also, they ain't done yet and they need more time to wrap up the overall story so I personally don't see SGA gettin scraped after this season. If it does get canceled prematurely though, hopefully another network will pick it up before its finally dead. Did Showtime fail to do that with SG1?

God bless the people who decided to keep SG1 going for 10 years though!
                so sifi wont let anyone els do new episods for sg1 or sga wich really sucks

Comment

Originally posted by whiteout49 View Post
                  so sifi wont let anyone els do new episods for sg1 or sga wich really sucks

yea there complete *%^&$*$*%&

Comment

u can't blame them for wanting to keep the franchise for themselves but yeah it really sucks that that they aren't willing to share
                    They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
                      u can't blame them for wanting to keep the franchise for themselves but yeah it really sucks that that they aren't willing to share
                      yea but yet they dont want to commit to continuing the show

it just proves that Sci-Fi (and other stations) dont give 2 rats A's about its viewers

the lack of loyalty shown to customers is going to come back and bite companies in the butts eventualy.

Comment

so Scifi won't let anyone else do new episodes for SG-1 or SGA which really sucks.
                        Dude. I tweaked your spelling and punctuation. Hope you don't mind. I couldn't help myself.
                        Anyway, back to the point, as I recall, Scifi only retained the rights to SG-1 for 5 years after cancellation. Am I wrong? Not that it makes any real difference, because after five years, one hopes that the actors have all found wonderful new work. Otherwise, their families will be going mighty hungry. Nonetheless, there is a point past which the selfish can no longer control a show.

Comment

Working...
                        X