This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sokar was a Prior

So I'm thinking now that maybe Sokar was a prior who was infested by a goa'uld.

Sokar was quickly becoming the dominant goa'uld, and for good reason. He had knowledge like Anubis and the powers to make good things happen, because he was likely an Ori Prior. He had everything going for him, but obviously even a prior cannot survive the destruction of a planet (and the subsequent destruction of his ship), thus, this Priors career was over before it even began. At least as far as we the audience are concerned anyways.

very doubtful, but very interesting theory, they do look very much a like.
    SGU =Awesome!!!
    Hope it stays as good...
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's a coincidence. I don't even think the writers had made a single thought about the Ori when Sokar was still a System Lord. Furthermore nothing in the series support or suggest the Goa'uld has been elsewhere than the MW and the Ori obviosly didn't know about the MW before Daniel and Vala used the communcation device. If Sokar orginally was a prior I think the Ori would be aware of where he was going and they would have come to MW long time before. So I will say your theory is interesting but very unlikely.

Comment

I kinda noticed the simularity a while ago, I think it's just typical narrative of story writing.

Sokar is ment to be based on the idea of the devil and as stated by Daniel, in the MW fire is seen as a demonic image probably because the Ori base all their religion around the symbolism of fire as they became the enemy of the Alterans.

At best you can say that Sokar found some text mentioning the Ori and there prefered apperance and it's what he based his own look on to further his reputation as the devil.

Comment

Hallowed is Sokar
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Nope, Sokar is a half-wraith built by Replicator nanites. And is a believer of the Ori who happened to be infested by a Goa'uld.

Comment

That's a furling in disguise
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
                That's a furling in disguise
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

i'm think Goa'uld/asgard hybrid...not the short and frail asgard we know but what they use to be before cloning

Comment

I think he's just a creepy pale guy.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

um, I noticed that but why would the Ori give someone power if they weren't spreading the word? "Yea lets give this guy all the stuff our priors have so he can do what the heck he wants!"
                      lol.
                      Interesting theory. But nah, don't think so.

http://dragcave.net/user/kzaciswan<--- my scroll have a look at my dragons

Comment

I used to know a dude that looked quite like Sokar, so I think the Priors have infiltrated Earth, also.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

well...hell thats a interesting theory...have to look at the sokar eps again .
                          But I doubt too that the writers thought of the prior, when they created sokar.
                          long live sokar! he was so evil...that guy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Too bad he was killed so quickly.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                            RIP Nuada

Comment

there is a major hole in this theory, if he was a prior, that would imply that the Ori knew there was life in this galaxy long before daniel and vala revealed that there was life in the milkyway to the priors. and there's no way sokkar could've traveled to the ori galaxy, let alone implant his symbiote into a prior. Goa'uld lack intergalactic hyperdrive. Besides, even if he was a prior, why would he ditch his staff?
                              so please, stop with your ridiculous theories of the nox being extinct, Iratus bugs in early SG1, daedalus variation bad guys being ori based, and sokar priors. your theories don't have a shred of evidence to them. you can't even call them theories, it's just wishful thinking on your part.
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X