• Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate ships

ok
    they had prometheus that got blown up by a satelitte
    then they had oddysey
    then the korolev that got blown up when the ori came through the supergate

i think they currently have the oddysey, apollo and the daedulus but can someone correct me if im wrong
    sigpic

Daedalus, Appolo, and Oddeysey i think that is it, they must need anouther, i mean Phoneix might make a debut?

Comment

as of right now, the Phoenix is being built. TPTB have not given a confirmation that is complete.
      if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
        as of right now, the Phoenix is being built. TPTB have not given a confirmation that is complete.

We definately have the Daedalus, Odeyssey and Apollo and the Phoenix was mentioned in the last man, but I don't think that it has been confirmed in any other episode that it is in progress or even plans to build it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
        You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I am somewhat annoyed all ships are Daedalus class. Granted it's their latest design, but surely some are more science based, while the Odyssey is clearly a battle ship. Yet it is Daedalus class.
          I just figured as it has no need for so much science labs, etc on board it could be re-designed, or at least customized for better shield strength or more weapon storage.

Comment

I would guest that the motto "If it ain't broke don't fix it" might apply. I believe we also don't know how heavily the 304 class is towards battle. If it's already mainly focussed on weapons and battle, it would be hard to focus even tighter on battle.

Comment

auto mission - deadalus class ship
              the new designed ship has a class for a reason, the deadalus is the first followed by the Odysee and so on. The two are pretty much the same with one clear difference. the Odysee has the asgard computer onboard. besides tht there are the same which means tht they are both exploration, battle and science vessels.
              As i c it it follows the startrek universe of ships, tos had pretty much all the federation ships look like the enterprise. Im not going in to detail about star trek and many different types and classes of ships cos there not enough space lol
              Once stargate command has enough material to build another ship they may build a deadalus class or go for certain type class ship i.e. battle class.
              On the phoenix, it was never commissoned, tht ship hasnt bn built yet, theres no reference to Atlantis saying the phoenix is bein built. It only gets mentioned in the last man which was a possible future but as the future has bn changed it is very unlikely we will see sam fly tht craft as it was told by hologram McKay.

Comment

I think Joe Mallozzi has stated on his blog that before the season ends we may see the Phoenix in the current timeline. My guess it's being constructed at Area-51 where Col. Carter has assumed command or upon it's completion will be launched with her in command.

But anyway the real reason the Prometheus was destroyed? TPB needed the set space and didn't see the practicality of having to separate and different, yet oh so similar, space ship sets.
                ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Well on the gateworld.net website it says in one of the episodes guide that.....

Spoiler:
                  S05E20 "One of the things we wanted to make sure of was that Carter's being relieved of the Atlantis command isn't seen as a demotion because, as our team pointed out in 'The Seed,' she was actually a victim of her own success. As such, the next time we see Carter (in episode 20), she'll have assumed another command position."
                  (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog) this command is one in which she is commander of the U.S.S. Phoenix in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X