This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordMartin
    Funny... you never know with the Funk Master!
    He was big on the Mothership Connection, wasn't he? That might be why big alien ships are always motherships.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
      Yes--Interdictor Cruisers
      Which are smaller than star destroyers, despite the fact that destroyers are smaller than cruisers. I suppose star destroyers would have to be bigger than torpedo boat destroyers, though.

Comment

Wish I could give a link to what the Interdictor Cruiser may looks like from the New Essential Guide to Vessels and Vehicles.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
        Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
        "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
        My deviantART profile

Comment

Wish I could give a link to what the Interdictor Cruiser may looks like from the New Essential Guide to Vessels and Vehicles.
          http://www.jedinights.com/studio/SFS/interdictor.html
          thats an ok picture of an interdictor. i was always under the impression that the interdictors were still star destroyers. there is victory class, interdictor class, imperial class, and super class, but they are all star destroyers

Comment

yeah, but...if you put a picture of a Star Destroyer and the interdictor, they still dont' look quite the same.

My deviantART profile

Comment

yeah, but...if you put a picture of a Star Destroyer and the interdictor, they still dont' look quite the same.
              well no, the interdictor has the big gravity well generators but they stull have the triangular shape of a star destroyer, they are just different classes

Comment

The Interdictor gets called a cruiser, I'm sure.

Are the super star destroyers (they destroy superstars; Mel Gibson beware) the Executor class or was the Executor not the class vessel? And why Executor? What does it do, enforce inheritance disputes?

Comment

If I might offer a theory...

I've always been under the impression that the Goa'uld pyramid ships were Ha'Tak-class vessels.

Anyone care to agree/disagree?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I don't think you'll get much argument. The real issue - from which we have drifted somewhat - is whether or not 'mothership' is an accurate and apposite term for a ha'tak.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet

Are the super star destroyers (they destroy superstars; Mel Gibson beware) the Executor class or was the Executor not the class vessel? And why Executor? What does it do, enforce inheritance disputes?
                      Executor was the name of the vessel. its class was Super Class Imperial Star Destroyer. The name means some one that executes someone. as in the guy with the black leather mask that would chop peoples heads off or pull the lever to drop the floor under people being hung. I want to know what Lusankya means. ive tried looking it up and cant find a definition. why would the emperor name his Super star destroyer that?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                        Executor was the name of the vessel. its class was Super Class Imperial Star Destroyer. The name means some one that executes someone. as in the guy with the black leather mask that would chop peoples heads off or pull the lever to drop the floor under people being hung. I want to know what Lusankya means. ive tried looking it up and cant find a definition. why would the emperor name his Super star destroyer that?
                        Hmm. Learned opinion seems equally split between Super-class and Executor-class. I'd lean towards the Executor-class, since the Imperials are also so veyr British and RN protocols name the class after its first exponent. I flatly refuse to believe that the Empire launched a star destroyer called the SSD Super (no doubt the sister ship of the SSD Lovely).

Lusankya sounds like a name or something. And an executor is someone who oversees the fulfilment of the terms of a will; the guy who cuts of heads is an executioner. To use the one for the other is obsolete and then some.

Comment

I to have thought about how the Ha'tak's are called motherships even though bigger ships exist. I came to the conclusion that the term Mothership is a lable given to which ever ship is in charge. To a glider a Ha'tak is it's Mothership.

Comment

Originally posted by rmbeast
                            I to have thought about how the Ha'tak's are called motherships even though bigger ships exist. I came to the conclusion that the term Mothership is a lable given to which ever ship is in charge. To a glider a Ha'tak is it's Mothership.
                            But we are the ones who calll them motherships, I've never seen a death glider pilot call them anything.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet

No, the Executor was the name of the Super Star Destroyer. Now, during Dark Empire the Clone Emperor has what he calls the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer. But, it was destroyed in the Clone Emperor's Force Storm. It came to be known as the Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer.

Later on, they created the Eclispe II but R2-D2 set it on a collision course to the Clone Emperor's Galaxy Gun over the planet Byss.

My deviantART profile

Comment

Hmm. Learned opinion seems equally split between Super-class and Executor-class. I'd lean towards the Executor-class, since the Imperials are also so veyr British and RN protocols name the class after its first exponent. I flatly refuse to believe that the Empire launched a star destroyer called the SSD Super (no doubt the sister ship of the SSD Lovely).
                                Everything I've read on the subject says that the class is "Super". So we've got the Eclipse, Super, Imperial and Victory classes. The Eclipse was double the length of the Super, and they get progressively smaller.

I think it's established canon that the first Super Star Destroyer made was the Executor, with the Lusankya was built at the same time but kept secret. As for the term "Super", meh. I don't think it's the best sounding class name, but this came from the guy who had Anakin Skywalker yell out, "Yipee!" and "Wizard!". George Lucas has a fantastic imagination, but his dialogue writing skills are somewhat lacking.
                                MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X