Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with Cort on watching SG-1's Season 8 then the SGA's first few seasons.
    After that I would probably go with SG-1's season 9 and 10 then Ark of Truth followed by Season 4 of Atlantis. Continuum you watch that either after SGA's season 5 episode Search and Rescue or before it. There is one tiny mention of Continuum in Search and Rescue but it was just so the writers could say where Continuum fits in the Stargate time line but it's nothing that will prevent you from watching Continuum before the episode. Then I would finish with Season 5 of SGA.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I would watch Continuum after SGA Season 5 "The Seed", because there is a mention of Carter being quarantined, because of the hive seed/infection, everyone got from the Search and Rescue

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/
        My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

If I got a pound for every time this thread popped up. ......... .

If you want continuty then use the veiwing order but if you don't care then watch sg-1 first and Atlantis after.

Comment

Keep it simple...

Stargate (movie), SG-1, The Ark of Truth, Continuum
            Stargate: Atlantis
            Stargate: Universe

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              I would watch Continuum after SGA Season 5 "The Seed", because there is a mention of Carter being quarantined, because of the hive seed/infection, everyone got from the Search and Rescue
              You also have to remember thier is a 3 week period between S&R and the Hive. Doesn't seem like the Tok'ra would wait that long for the cermoney that occurs in Continuum.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post

Season 9: I don't think any episodes tied into Atlantis.
                Actually, Ripple Effect has some references to Atlantis.

Comment

I doubt count subtle refereces as tieing into Atlantis. To me, a tie it would be something more direct like SG-1 finding a ZPM in "Moebius" that shows up in Atlantis "The Siege, Part 2."

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replys.

I'm still up in the air but at least I have the info. Debating on using the episode order given or just finishing sg1.

My main concern was whether SGA tied in heavy enough to make me confused if I just watched all sg1 first and that I know now is not the case.

thnaks again

Comment

I am new to Stargate. I am half way through season 3. Please tell me why you would alternate SG-1 and SGA. Can't I just view all of SG-1 and go on to SGA. Or did they air simultaneously. Is this ordering done to keep the Stargate time line in correct order for the viewer?

Comment

I would just watch the rest of then SG1 seasons first.

Comment

Originally posted by blasphemy! View Post
                          Debating on using the episode order given or just finishing sg1.
                          Just finish out SG-1 and the two follow-up movies.

My main concern was whether SGA tied in heavy enough to make me confused if I just watched all sg1 first and that I know now is not the case.
                          The only episode that might confuse you is 10-03 "The Pegasus Project." If you've got questions, just come ask us.

Comment

Originally posted by devoda View Post
                            I am new to Stargate. I am half way through season 3. Please tell me why you would alternate SG-1 and SGA. Can't I just view all of SG-1 and go on to SGA. Or did they air simultaneously. Is this ordering done to keep the Stargate time line in correct order for the viewer?
                            It's for the time line yes. Seasons 8,9,10 of SG-1 ran alongside seasons 1,2,3 of Atlantis, and sometimes their storylines intertwined a bit. You can probably watch them both in one go though, should be fine.

Comment

Thank you KEK! I think I will view them simultaneously as suggested in earlier posts. Can't wait!

Comment

The shows are more enjoyable if you watch them separately, eliminating the chore of rotating.

Comment

Working...
                                X