This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kindlykeller View Post
    i'm pretty sure it wouldn't just be america and it wouldn't just be an international organization. If there's been actual visitation, multiple groups would know about it.
    IOA

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
      I'm pretty sure it wouldn't just be America and it wouldn't just be an international organization. If there's been actual visitation, multiple groups would know about it.
      MI5, MI6 are British. The KGB is Russian. What's international about them? Now if it were Interpol.....! LOL!

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Actually, we don't even know if it is at all possible for life to exist in conditions other than ours. I imagine the basic working principles would have had to be the same though- they would need sunlight within a reasonable range- not hot enough to melt everything into mush, yet strong enough to provide sufficient energy. An atmosphere of reasonable density. Gravity- again, not too strong and not too light, etc. Basically, if you strip away the obvious impossibilities, you end up with us, give or take.
        Do you think it's possible life exists in other star sytems in this galaxy? because I believe life could exist in other galaxies, within a star system in the relative same position as our own, and on a planet in the same relative position as our own. It's possible, but I don't think it's probable.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Roswell greys look like humans who have grown up in zero g, anemic skin, thin demuscled arms and legs, huge heads from all the fluid going there without gravity to push it down thru the body, giant eyes from living in the dark, little to no body hair. As far as i can see theyre appearance is along the lines of nasa and russias zero g physiology experiments. Maybe we came from them

grey1: ew look at those hairy small headed meaty people
          grey2: GET THE PROBE!

I bet the secret is something shocking like that, were aliens :-p

Comment

I want to believe. I really do. But shows like Stargate make it hard for me to do so. Like the video of the live alien that's floating around the web. (I don't have a link at this time, but it's out there) Looks as real as any thing you ever saw, but I have to remain skeptical because of the amazing things we can do with specail effects.

I did have a wild conspiracy theory though: What if it's all real. Aliens, space ships the whole she bang, and shows like Stargate and Startrek ect ect are designed to prepare us for the unvieling? Or what if they're out there as disinformation to keep us from figuring this all out?
            Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
              Even if alien life were to exist, the chances of it living is remotely the same environment as Earth, and therefore looking anything like life here is very slim at best. And therefore, the mere concept of alien life being able to travel here in the first place is farfetched. Earth is in the right position not only in this solar system but in the galaxy to support carbon-based life. The chances of there being another world like our own is next to 0. Maybe in another galaxy, but definitely not here. In fact, the number of possible worlds that can support life is probably very small.
              Ah but the likelyhood that an alien lifeform incapable of surviving in Earth's atmosphere even bothering with landing is even less likely, and conversely (sp?) the likelyhood that an alien lifeform that could survive here being the one to take the time to visit (or investigate) is more plausible
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Anybody seen the 'Larry King Live' interview where he had a bunch of relatives of the Military Personell involved in the Roswell "incident" where they all said basically that the people involved had been given a gag order and while they were on their deathbeds they all started confessing it was real?

I'm not saying that's proof, just that it's plausable.

Personally, I don't get why people would get hysterical over alien life (which doesn't mean I don't think it would happen) because to me a discovery like that would be just about the coolest thing in the world.

Then again, watching a SciFi show with an alien friend would probably ruin it when they were constantly like "oh it's totally nothing like that in real space!" STFU Yoda, it's a damn TV show!
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

lol you could find life in many places but sentient life is something else.
                  read this http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0721173750.htm

how can u ppl think that there isnt any other sentient life in our galaxy? that is bs. do you know how many stars are this galaxy and that mw is a very big galaxy?

and how does earth/sun position in galaxy affect supporting life? as i understand it planets/stars closer to the galaxy center will just rotate faster around that huge black hole.

and yes there is almost no chance that aliens have visited us cuz if they are anything like us we would be conquered and if they are completely different (not carbon based) they wouldn't choose to look for life here (assuming they would look for life similar to theirs)

and sorry for the attitude im sleepy
                  Last edited by NIMBUS; 30 July 2008, 12:23 AM.
                  ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Even a microbe is alien life. <Just thought I'd say that .

My brother had a theory that UFO's are time machines made by humans to come back and study the past. So the one that crashed at Roswell could just be humans from the future, Eventhough they've screwwed up the timeline alot.
                    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Forgive me if I take ancient scripture with a grain of salt.
                      explain please, i dont get it
                      Spoiler:
                      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                      (YEAR 0 - 100)
                      "O thou Sun,
                      send me as far over the earth
                      as is my pleasure and thine,
                      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                      but never hear anything of bad ones,
                      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                        explain please, i dont get it
                        I don't think Ancient scripture is a reliable source. There's no way I'd read anything written down 100's of years ago by someone who likely had no idea what they were talking about and just accept it as fact without any other evidence to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          Actually, we don't even know if it is at all possible for life to exist in conditions other than ours. I imagine the basic working principles would have had to be the same though- they would need sunlight within a reasonable range- not hot enough to melt everything into mush, yet strong enough to provide sufficient energy. An atmosphere of reasonable density. Gravity- again, not too strong and not too light, etc. Basically, if you strip away the obvious impossibilities, you end up with us, give or take.
                          That's convergent evolution in a nutshell.

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                          Even a microbe is alien life. <Just thought I'd say that .

My brother had a theory that UFO's are time machines made by humans to come back and study the past. So the one that crashed at Roswell could just be humans from the future, Eventhough they've screwwed up the timeline alot.
                          About the most plausible idea I've yet seen. I believe in time travel a lot more than sentient alien life forms, at least there is some real math that supports it. All that supports the concept of sentient alien life is the highly subjective Drake equation.

Throw in the concept of the Great Filter, and one realizes that we are very unique, indeed. Which is why I really like the premise behind Stargate- there are no non-human forms of life required to make the whole concept work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            Personally, I don't get why people would get hysterical over alien life (which doesn't mean I don't think it would happen) because to me a discovery like that would be just about the coolest thing in the world.
                            Because no where in the bible does it say 'on the 8th day he made ET'.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              Because no where in the bible does it say 'on the 8th day he made ET'.
                              Well the Bible also says that Jesus commanded 2 of his deciples to steal a horse but that doesn't stop people from believing he was the "divine good"

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                Well the Bible also says that Jesus commanded 2 of his deciples to steal a horse but that doesn't stop people from believing he was the "divine good"
                                Wow I didnt know that Jesus was just a pikie.
                                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                                X