This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't the city have 2 ZPMs? S04E02 - Lifeline

I was playing my Season 4 DVDs and while watching 04x02 - "Lifeline" something came to me.

Shouldn't Atlantis have 2 ZPMs?

They had one that didn't have enough power for hyper-space travel, and they got another from the Asuran World.

Even in the state the first one was, it would still be good to run the Shields or maybe augment the power in one of the 304s.

It makes no sense that they would choose to use up one first and then use the other. Better to have 2 ZPMs!!

So where did the first ZPM go?

it still around
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      it still around
      If that was the case, wouldn't they use it to augment a 304 during the attack on the Asuran Planet on S04E11 - BAMSR?

Comment

its probebly below 20% now.. and how do you decide what 304 gets it?

Comment

We do have 2 one is seriously depleted and the other we dont know how much it has left because the Asuran had been using it, but why risk using it all and having Atlantis running on naq generators again?

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
            We do have 2 one is seriously depleted and the other we dont know how much it has left because the Asuran had been using it, but why risk using it all and having Atlantis running on naq generators again?
            It just seems to me that on a mission as important as the one on BAMSR they should have used every edge they could get.

By the way, to decide witch 304 gets the ZPM... just flip a coin.

Comment

I think the ZPM your reffering too is for all intensive purposes depleted. They might be able to muster a few minutes of city shields at the lowest possibly strength but i think for the most part its pretty much useless other wise as you said it would most likely augment one of our 304s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
                I think the ZPM your reffering too is for all intensive purposes depleted. They might be able to muster a few minutes of city shields at the lowest possibly strength but i think for the most part its pretty much useless other wise as you said it would most likely augment one of our 304s.
                The shield power requirement on a 304 is way lower then the city's.
                If that was the case, they should've taken the ZPM, even if all they got was the ability to stay in the fight for a few more min..

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
                  The shield power requirement on a 304 is way lower then the city's.
                  If that was the case, they should've taken the ZPM, even if all they got was the ability to stay in the fight for a few more min..
                  Wait we have a shield generator for a 304 now? And as far as I know it is really low, lower than 20% if it was 20% it could of run the shield for longer, but it was about to fail so it was saving power by making it smaller.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                    Wait we have a shield generator for a 304 now? And as far as I know it is really low, lower than 20% if it was 20% it could of run the shield for longer, but it was about to fail so it was saving power by making it smaller.
                    My post is referring to the possibility of using the ZPM on a 304 during the battle against the Replicators on 04x11 - BAMSR, something that never came to pass. For some reason the writers neglected to tell us what happened to the 1st ZPM.

Sheppard gave Teyla an order to wait 12 hours and then, if they failed to return w/ a 2nd ZPM, to leave, to take the city to the closest planet via hyperspace.

Well... Sheppard's team made the return trip on board the Apollo, way less then 12 hours.

The ZPM had enough juice to make the jump to the closest planet, however, one would assume, that they didn't let the power from the 1st ZPM run out before they switch to the 2nd.

Why would one assume, you ask?
                    Because it would be tactically more advantageous to have 2 ZPMs.

Comment

Good God, what is BAMSR?

*edit* Never mind, got it.
                      1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
                        It just seems to me that on a mission as important as the one on BAMSR they should have used every edge they could get.

By the way, to decide witch 304 gets the ZPM... just flip a coin.
                        Look at it this way, what would you rather lose, a 304 or Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          Look at it this way, what would you rather lose, a 304 or Atlantis?
                          The decision in this case would be to use the almost depleted ZPM, the city would still have the one stolen from the Replicators.

Comment

Working...
                          X