This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What of the Ori?

Now that the all the Ori have been destroyed, and the priors have been dealt with, what will happen to the people of the Ori galaxy, and our relations with them? Will we further explore the Ori galaxy, or will we leave it alone? What are your opinions?

Originally posted by SG-Fan5 View Post
    Now that the all the Ori have been destroyed, and the priors have been dealt with, what will happen to the people of the Ori galaxy, and our relations with them? Will we further explore the Ori galaxy, or will we leave it alone? What are your opinions?
    Abunch of them will be pissed off they spent 9 hours a day praying for no reason for thousands of years. Some will still believe no matter what proof they have (my mom the flat earther lol). Some will take advantage of the power vaccume. Priors probably not be popular, especially as all tech is keyed to them only.

Generally new regimes end up as bad as the old. At least when these priors die no more will be made.

Comment

But do what do you think we will do about it?

Comment

But do what do you think we will do about it?
        "Do" about it? About what? We have no right to go in there and "do" anything. Tomin and his people are free for the first time in a millennia. Let them choose how they want things done, free of outside influence.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          "Do" about it? About what? We have no right to go in there and "do" anything.
          Right because thats stopped us before.

But I agree let them get on with it and by the time they form any kind of goverment that could be a threat we will have enough ships and weapons to destroy the Toilet ship, Assuming that they can't make anymore.

We should steal one of the Toilets atleast or find 1 abandoned.

Maybe they will keep the old system (Priors rulling over the peasents) and without ORI influence or rules the Priors can rule it the good just way. Hopefully they become advanced and good freinds it would be a good turn of events to have one of our most deadly enemies become our greatest allies.

But just let em get on with it we got enough problems.
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I agree. But, I'm saying do you think that the IOA or the SGC would give up a chance to study an entire new galaxy, or study new Ori technology?

Comment

I think we have no right to step into to Ori galaxy to tell what is best for them. But wouldn't it afterall be a good idea to form some kind of relationship with the leaders of the Ori galaxy so we can go there and explore whatever The Ori left behind when they were whiped from excistence and the Ori army was defeated. There might be facilities etc. behind from which we can learn more about ancient tech etc. It could benefit os all and the inhabitents of the Ori galaxy might as well like to benefit from it and we afterall freed them from their false religion.

Comment

I think the Ori's relationship with Earth will be a 'don't call us, we'll call you' type one, if there's one at all.

Comment

I agree with NorseGuy. It would be a great opportunity to study Ori technology. That would certainly be a big reason to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I think the Ori's relationship with Earth will be a 'don't call us, we'll call you' type one, if there's one at all.
                    I doubt it. Remember, we freed them from the Ori rule. While it may be hard to gain their trust, I think there is a possibility of forming a strong bond between the two cultures.

Comment

What have they got to gain from that?

Comment

I doubt it. Remember, we freed them from the Ori rule. While it may be hard to gain their trust, I think there is a possibility of forming a strong bond between the two cultures.
                        Why? Tomin likes us... that's about it. Why would anyone else in that galaxy want to talk to us? They have all the advanced technology they need, and know how to use most of it thanks to Prior instruction. They'll advance fairly quickly, I suspect, and do it without us there to hold their hand.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Why? Tomin likes us... that's about it. Why would anyone else in that galaxy want to talk to us? They have all the advanced technology they need, and know how to use most of it thanks to Prior instruction. They'll advance fairly quickly, I suspect, and do it without us there to hold their hand.
                          What technology do they have that they can actually use except for their weapons?
                          They cant fly the ships since that requires a prior with power from the Ori and their planets dont seem to have much tech on them from what we've seen except for a pair of transporter rings.

Other than that they are a few hundred years behind us techwise, or even further if you count in the tech we got from the Asgard and what we've learned from exploring the galaxy.
                          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                            What technology do they have that they can actually use except for their weapons?
                            They cant fly the ships since thatrequires a prior with power from the Ori and their planets dont seem to have much tech on them from what we've seen except for a pair of transporter rings.
                            Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Since when?
                              As far as i can remember there's always been a prior flying the ships, but if you say otherwise i guess i'll just have to rewatch those seasons and AoT earlier then planned=)
                              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                              X