Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a late fan too... i started watching SG1 when season 9 came out on dvd... watched season 9 first then on to season 1-8. then couldnt wait till season 10 came out on DVD... bought AoT the day it came out on DVD, plan to do the same for CONTINUUM. bought season 4 of SGA on the day it came out. i have become a stargate fan and my husband just loves it... we have all the seasons on dvd of both SG1 and SGA... we dont have cable so we have to wait until they come out on dvd and it kills us to have to wait.

Fav SG1 char is... SAM CARTER
    Fav SGA char is ... RONON DEX
    Fav Bad guy is... Ba'al and the Wraith
    I am also a Jack/Sam shipper as well....

Comment

I'm a late fan, too. I started watching SG1 in its 8th season (SGA in its 1st). And, I don't have cable, so I could only really watch them on syndication on FOX, which aired them a year late. So, Seasons 9 and 2 were airing on Sci-Fi while I was watching 8 and 1. Then, I started getting the DVDs, starting from SG1's Season 1 onward. I found it fun piecing together the story between the original movie and "New Order".
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

damn. so i am a late fan to. well..better later than never....
        sigpic

Comment

*holds up hand*

Late fan here as well. I'd never watched a single episode of SG1 or SGA before February this year.

Do you think TPTB send something over the airwaves or in the DVDs to make people addicted?

Comment

Count me in! I started watching in S9 and never looked back.

-I far prefer SG-1 to SGA, but enjoy both shows
            -Favourite SG1 character:
            -Favourite SGA character:
            -My favourite bad 'guy' is RepliCarter in Reckoning
            -I don't like any 'ship', except for V/D in Unending
            -Favourite season of SG-1: 3 or 4
            -Favourite season of SGA: 3

And it is my new mission in life to expose everyone I can to this amazing show. So far, my only converts are my kids, but hey, it's a start! I'm ensuring fans for the next generation!

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
              Every past + present member of SG1 has been on Atlantis at least once

(Since "The Pegasus Project" was really an episode of Atlantis).
              Except for Jonas...
              I almost said Teal'c as well, but then I remembered Midway...

Comment

this thread gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
                BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Working...
                X