This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah Reactor Vs IronMan Arc Reactor

I'm sorry in advance if this subject already exist.
    Ok I want to know your thoughts on this I've see the power out put specs of Starks Arc reactor but i haven't been able to find any specs on the Naquadah Reactors peek power out put in any quantifiable form. ie joules or watts any one have this info.

Hmm,...it'd be quite interesting! I'll do a search
    What's the details on Starks Arc Reactor? And where'd you find the info please?

Shanksy
    sigpic
    *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
    ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
    ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
    "

Comment

well, i prefer the arc reactor simply because it can be so small/travel size! it would be much easier to carry one with you in case you have to manually dial a gate....
      sigpic

NO WAI!

A question which often drives me hazy-
      Am I, or the others, crazy?

Comment

Naq reactors are as big as a laptop, a little bit bigger. Maybe as big as an xbox (not a 360)

Go Green

Comment

Which yields more power? I would think that the Naquadah generator does, but I could be wrong. And, Stark's reactor looked very similar to the top of a ZPM.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

These threads are awful. They take nerdyness to a whole new level.

Comment

They take nerdyness to a whole new level?!
              This is what Gateworld is all about!
              sigpic
              *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
              ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
              ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
              "

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                Which yields more power? I would think that the Naquadah generator does, but I could be wrong. And, Stark's reactor looked very similar to the top of a ZPM.
                I had a similar reaction, but the cosmetic similarities shouldn't factor into any comparisons.

I wish I could remember the exact numbers he spits out in the movie, but all I remember is his friend saying that's enough power to run one heart for five (ten, fifteen?) lifetimes, to which he responds, "or something really big for about fifteen minutes."

But since I don't fully understand the units of measurement anyway, it's ultimately pointless.

Comment

I think the naquahdah reactor gives more power, the stark reactor thingy was designed to power a suit made for 1 man, the naq reactor can power a whole ship (Prometheus, parts of Atlantis, ...)

Comment

Originally posted by PotluckoftheGods View Post
                    I had a similar reaction, but the cosmetic similarities shouldn't factor into any comparisons.

I wish I could remember the exact numbers he spits out in the movie, but all I remember is his friend saying that's enough power to run one heart for five (ten, fifteen?) lifetimes, to which he responds, "or something really big for about fifteen minutes."

But since I don't fully understand the units of measurement anyway, it's ultimately pointless.
                    I would definitely expect the naquadah generator to be more powerful, but, Stark upgraded his original reactor, and I think it was somewhere around ten times more efficient than the original one (so the newer one could probably power something big for who knows how long). And we have no idea how powerful the larger, but yet older arc reactor is.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

On overload, a Mark I Naquadah Generator will create a 20 Kiloton Nuclear Explosion (SG1: Death Knell).
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X