This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are so cool

Why does the Lucian Alliance fear us so much?

Spoiler:
    Company of thieves
    GAVOS
    The Tau'ri vessel is most powerful. You could not have possibly expected him to survive!

SLAVIASH
    He has lost his mind. The Tau'ri will declare all out war on us!

ANATEO
    You know I cannot do that. Netan has failed the Alliance. And his position as leader hangs precariously by a thread. He knows I am his most worthy challenger, but he could not very well just murder me in cold blood, so he sent us on a fool's quest.

Looks to me like their affraid but we aren't that powerfull. The have better weapons and we better the rest. But their fleet is bigger and our weapons at that point could penetrate their shields.

The reason why they afraid of us is that we freed the galaxy from the System Lords, so that means we are a powerful enemy, much like USSR with Nazi Germany before 1939. And we are like Nazi Germany, technological I mean.
    That's my opinion, I don't know about you other guys.
    The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Karhedron
    I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Maybe because we played a big part in defeating the Goa'uld and Replicators... and we're best friends of the Asgard (present tense as of this episode)
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        Maybe because we played a big part in defeating the Goa'uld and Replicators... and we're best friends of the Asgard (present tense as of this episode)
        My idea is better
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Maybe because the Oddysey was one of the only 2 ships to survive the ORI problem and was there before the Lucian ship got there. The shields are impressive. Maybe they are just cowards or know that we are gods and that they should bow before us.

Also there is the Ancient weapons platform, Jafa and Tokra all willing to help us.
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Probably because we just like totally defeated every major enemy we have come across in the Milky Way, besides as long as we leave them alone and they leave us alone what does it matter?

Comment

But still, they experienced our power in "Off the Grid" and in that episode we didn't even put a scratch on them

Comment

Hell yes we put a scratch in them! Would everyone who thinks our ships pre-Unending were underpowered do a headstand on top of the spire of the Sears Tower! Seriously, in that episode, Odyssey fires a SHORT burst from the railguns SPREAD across ALL the Lucian ships and reports minor DAMAGE to the Lucians! Our weapons were second to none except the Ori!
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

I dont remember earth ships doing damage in anything ( but shieldless hive ships ) before we got asgard beams.

One reason would be for example the sg1, that are legendary... Fighting against legends is very bad to the moral of the troops =p

The Antarctica outpost can only be used for defense ( even tough I`m not sure if they knew that [ when we destroyed anubis armada people didnt know that.. ] ), and the Tok`ra cant help with anything, as far as we know they dont have any ha'tak....

The jaffa argument was a good one, they would probably help us.. And the Asgards...

But in an all out war, I would really be scared of earth.. them sending gate busters trough the stargate, and defending with the antarctica outpost ( they dont know we have limited drones and all ).

Comment

About the drones, you think that Atlantis sent some back after The Tower? Atlantis is a big priority, but surely they could spare a few for Earth's weapon.
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

In reality, they don't know how many ships we have. The gould thought that in season 8 we had many ships with out hyperspace capability. We only had 1 ship with hyperspace abilitys and that could possibly be easily destroyed by any Ha'tak.

I would guess that the Rumors of Earth's power are over rated do to its powerfull allies and immense unbelievable luck.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

The galaxy did know about the Ancient defense platform not so much that it was Ancient but that it wiped out the most powerful fleet in the galaxy and as we know the Goauld and presumably some of there Jaffa knew and news spreads fast it would be hard to contain knowledge of such a weapon.

The Tokra are incredibly powerful just not in a straight fight. Look at the impressive intell they have accumulated on the Goauld and assuming that most of the Lucian Hatak's are former Goauld ones then they will know were almost everyone is. Also the contact network and informants they must have would be impressive as Vala was freed by a Tokra she kinda owes them a debt and she knows a fair bit.

Its hard to fight a war when you can't attack the enemies homes (Earth). The Lucian alliance can't touch Earth with the defenses, Asgard and our allies in the MW and our 302's arent exactly easy to beat with those shields and incredibly fast engines.

Comment

Fighting against 304`s before the show finale wasnt that hard, if you were on a Ha'tak the best thing to do would be ignore the 304.. as using their missiles they could do no real damage...

Everyone knows about the Antarctica weapon, what people dont know ( or at least didnt know ) is that we have a limited number of drones.

The Tok'Ra wouldnt really be that helpful if we didnt had the drones.. I mean, the ships destination would be obvious, they would just go straight to earth.. And in that case, the Tok'Ra couldnt help. As far as we have seen, they are completely defenseless.

And about the Asgards.. well, even the Goa'ulds feared them.. so they really were very important in making people fear earth.. Who would want to go against the Asgards best buddies ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                            I dont remember earth ships doing damage in anything ( but shieldless hive ships ) before we got asgard beams.

One reason would be for example the sg1, that are legendary... Fighting against legends is very bad to the moral of the troops =p

The Antarctica outpost can only be used for defense ( even tough I`m not sure if they knew that [ when we destroyed anubis armada people didnt know that.. ] ), and the Tok`ra cant help with anything, as far as we know they dont have any ha'tak....

The jaffa argument was a good one, they would probably help us.. And the Asgards...

But in an all out war, I would really be scared of earth.. them sending gate busters trough the stargate, and defending with the antarctica outpost ( they dont know we have limited drones and all ).
                            Actually the Tok'ra can. As seen in Camelot they have a fleet of Ha'tak. The Odyssey had to meet up with as many Jaffa and Tok'ra ship as possible. But still the Tok'ra use the old ways to help fight the Ori and other bad guys. (Spying, scanning for black holes

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                              Actually the Tok'ra can. As seen in Camelot they have a fleet of Ha'tak. The Odyssey had to meet up with as many Jaffa and Tok'ra ship as possible. But still the Tok'ra use the old ways to help fight the Ori and other bad guys. (Spying, scanning for black holes
                              When was it said that the Htak's were Tokra. The Hatak is far to man hungry when needed for effective combat and thats not the Tokra way. I see them manning Al'kesh but they have never had Hatak's if they did they could move there own stargate and not worry about the Goauld finding them.

The Tokra way is to stab you in the back not go in through the front door guns blazing like us and the Jaffa and that is why our alliance is so good, Us and the Jaffa distract them at the front whilst the Tokra play behind the lines, Its a bit like what the Romulans do on startrek.

Comment

Working...
                              X