Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Ori have gone to Pegasus instead of Milky Way first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the Ori have gone to Pegasus instead of Milky Way first?

Now I ask this question because the Ori could have probed Daniels mind to find the location of the PG

So here is why I think they should have gone their first

1. They would be considered the great liberators to the PG as they would have to kill the wraith off to get worship and then their religion would have been easy to spread to all people of the PG as they destroyed the great scourge of the Wraith

2. The Wraith had just woken, had little food and were weak from fighting with each other, so for a more powerful unifed force to come would be easy

3. No unifed people like the Jaffa to fight or be in the way

4. Wouldn't have to worry about the Tau'ri (as much)

5. The people of the PG didn't just leave a bunch of false gods so they would believe in the power of the Priors

So does anyone else think from a strategic or even just common sense the Ori should have gone to the PG instead of the Milky Way
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Because then the war was been clearly won by the Ori & the idea of the show is that in impossible situations Earth or USA army are always winers.
    The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Karhedron
    I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Come to think of it, yeah it probably would have been better.

Theyre a split off race of the Ancients - The whole story of the ancients could be used in their favour

They were doing it so they could defeat the ancients in the ascended plain and become more powerful, how better to kick them in the nads then destroy Atlantis..

And also to kick Wraith ass..

Comment

The threat posed by the Jaffa was of no consequence as they practically slaughtered the Free Jaffa Nation so it made no difference if it was Wraith or Jaffa. Also, one can argue that like the PG Humans accepting the Ori as great liberators, the Jaffa might have accepted the Ori as the key to ascension which they had been searching for. And, had it not been for Teal'c, the Free Jaffa would have succumbed to the promises made by the Priors.

Another factor that goes against the Pegasus galaxy was the lower population... not saying it was not worth it but the Milky Way had a much larger population many of whom had just come out of Goa'uld oppression. It just made it a more perfect environment I think to gather strength for use against the Ancients then the Pegasus galaxy Humans who were being killed via the cullings by the Wraith.

In the end though its not like the Ori were losing much in the war to take the galaxy... it was only through a deus ex machina plotline were the Ori themselves killed. Otherwise, they were more or less winning. Planets were converted by lone Priors, a supergate had been established, the Free Jaffa Nation had been fractured with the fall of Dakara and a combined fleet of enemy ships were defeated at the supergate. Things were more or less going into their favour.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Yes it would be a greater chance of winning the PG instead of fighting the Milky Way, but then again there isn't as many people inPG as there is in MW. So basically it is hard to say what would be better to do.

Comment

also if the ori would good at defeated the wraith of protecting the people of pg from the wraith. the people of the pg would full hardly do what they say. plus the people of the pg galaxy knew of the ancient so the ori would have now problem being welcome. that would be scary.

side note: I wonder if the ori could incorporate the replicators in the goals since they technically built them as well.

Comment

don't most of the people in pegasus worship the ancients? therefore pegasus ancients would be more powerfull than MW ancients right?
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

I think, in order to answer this question, we need to shorten out search. Daniel and Vala came from the Milky Way, not Pegasus. Chances are, the Ori would have only been interested in knowing where Daniel and Vala came from, not even considering what other life there could be elsewhere in the Universe.

For the Ori, obviously they knew that somewhere in the Milky Way existed Ancient technology (allowing Daniel and Vala to make their way to the Ori Galaxy). I doubt the Ori even considered a third Galaxy to be honest.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

The writers messed up with the Ori story anyway. anybody that wants power would go and get it they would have gone to the pegasus galaxy, the Asgards galaxy (I think its Ida) and all of the others we dont know about. And dont say the ancients could protect all of these galaxies That would be impossible they would be spread to thin

Comment

They weren't interested in just power though they wanted to vanquish the ancients, the Ori know about ancient technology and when they knew Daniel and Vala were using it they realized they could finally find their long lost brothers and teach them the lesson they would have done millions of years ago had they not left then. It is also safe to say that is why the Ancients do not interfere in the lower planes, the more we figure out for ourselves the stronger we become, how else can we prove we are worthy of being on there level. Take this into account and it becomes so that the Ancients do not need to protect anything but to keep along the path they have chosen.

Also to the Ancients millions of years ago when they left they were shedding themselves of the falsehoods of the Ori and their growing false religion, but to the Ori back then the alterans were runaway children who escaped their tyrany and lies and the Ori still wanted to punish them after all these millions of years, the Ori were immature little brats and it serves them well they are gone.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however.What if there are still die hard believers in the Ori galaxy that were a part of the cause? If a group of die hard believers found a way to ascend like the Ori did, they would be entering into this deal already knowing what has happened so far, that might be extremely dangerous, and also a possible plot could open up to where they seek out the Pegasus,also maybe they would get their hands on the info about the ancient experiment to seed far off galaxies and then we would have a serious problem (and series) on our hands.
                    What do you guys think?
                    E.D.E.N.

Comment

The Ori were only interested in Humans, because they created the Humans in the Ori galaxy as the Ancients did in the MW galaxy (and thus they base their religion on their 'Origin') and because of this the only places in the universe that contain Humans that we know of is the MW galaxy, the Pegasus galaxy and the Ori galaxy, so they wouldn't really be interested in the Asgard galaxy or any others. It was said that the only reason the Ori didn't know about the people in the Milky Way galaxy was because the Ancients were hiding us from them. Perhaps they did the same for the people in the Pegasus galaxy, after all why wouldn't they. If the Ori only learned about the Milky Way galaxy from Daniel then perhaps they still had no idea there were any humans in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        Now I ask this question because the Ori could have probed Daniels mind to find the location of the PG

So here is why I think they should have gone their first

1. They would be considered the great liberators to the PG as they would have to kill the wraith off to get worship and then their religion would have been easy to spread to all people of the PG as they destroyed the great scourge of the Wraith
                        Not exactly, the Wraith would be able to evade the Ori for a while, and the people kinda worship the ancestors=Ancients.

2. The Wraith had just woken, had little food and were weak from fighting with each other, so for a more powerful unifed force to come would be easy
                        The Wraith would be easy for the Ori even in their prime.
                        hell we could take out hives all along, it wasn't until lately we've been able to destroy Ori ships.

3. No unifed people like the Jaffa to fight or be in the way
                        You mean people like the Wraith, who if facing a threat of such magnitude would unite. Or people like the Genii, Asurans, Michaels brood, or the dozens of other under ground warrior nations.
                        4. Wouldn't have to worry about the Tau'ri (as much)
                        Yes they would. We have a giant ancient city, which is more powerful than the Antarctica chair, and with them being in the Pegasus, it allows us more opportunities to build ships(off world building sites that arent endanger of being attacked by the Ori.

5. The people of the PG didn't just leave a bunch of false gods so they would believe in the power of the Priors
                        Two problems with that. They worship the ancestors in a way. Also. IF they had no religion, theres no reason for them to accept a religion.

So does anyone else think from a strategic or even just common sense the Ori should have gone to the PG instead of the Milky Way
                        Nope.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
                          Not exactly, the Wraith would be able to evade the Ori for a while, and the people kinda worship the ancestors=Ancients.
                          But what had the ancinets done recently but watched? Why would the people of the PG not follow the forces that freed them from the Wraith? So why wouldn't they follow Origin when it freed them from the Wraith while believing in the Ancinets did nothing

The Wraith would be easy for the Ori even in their prime.
                          hell we could take out hives all along, it wasn't until lately we've been able to destroy Ori ships.
                          I know thats why it would be so easy to take over

You mean people like the Wraith, who if facing a threat of such magnitude would unite. Or people like the Genii, Asurans, Michaels brood, or the dozens of other under ground warrior nations.
                          The Wraith are not unifed, have you watched the last few seasons they fight over food so easily and against a superior Enemy they would lose easily and then even when they did unify they still wouldn't have a chance

As for the Genii the Ori would only have to orbitally bomb them into submission or just send a prior or two and convert away

Micheals Brood have a few ships right now and takes a while to become the new dominant power so at this current time it would be easy for the Ori to destroy him

Now the Asurans would be some trouble but using the priors and big ass space guns they should be able to beat them conventially and I'm sure the Ori would just give them something to fight them if they still had trouble

As for other races in the PG they aren't that advanced so how are they going to fight back?

Yes they would. We have a giant ancient city, which is more powerful than the Antarctica chair, and with them being in the Pegasus, it allows us more opportunities to build ships(off world building sites that arent endanger of being attacked by the Ori.
                          We can't fully power it so how is Atlanits a threat all the Ori have to do is show up with a few ships and oribtally bomb it as we lose power, but I think the drones would get a ship or two

We have not shown to have off world sites but I get your point but I wonder if the Asgard would still give us everything

Two problems with that. They worship the ancestors in a way. Also. IF they had no religion, theres no reason for them to accept a religion.
                          Well lets say that you have been hunted, beaten, and seen your fellow man killed then one day a someone comes saves you and tells you that through the power of the Ori you have been free you wouldn't join them?

Nope.
                          Yes
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Those poor people of the PG, you are just replaceing one devil with another.
                            At least with the Wraith there are generations of peace in the PG before they wake up again to feed. With the Ori they would have no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              But what had the ancinets done recently but watched? Why would the people of the PG not follow the forces that freed them from the Wraith? So why wouldn't they follow Origin when it freed them from the Wraith while believing in the Ancinets did nothing
                              We're not talking about what the ANCIENTS had done recently, but that the people worship them. So lets say you had a god you worshipped, and you were poor, then some guy came in said he was a god, and gave you money. Would you stop worshipping your God? Would you worship the other god? Would you worship both? or would you see it as reward sent by your god?

Also would you follow someone claiming to be a God and using the fact that they saved you from the Wraith as a reason to worship them, then they slaughter those that dont? Atleast with the Wraith, they don't take everyone.

I know thats why it would be so easy to take over
                              Easy military take over, there would still be revolts and underground rebellions.

The Wraith are not unifed, have you watched the last few seasons they fight over food so easily and against a superior Enemy they would lose easily and then even when they did unify they still wouldn't have a chance
                              Did you not read what I said. If faced with a major threat, the Wraith will unify.

As for the Genii the Ori would only have to orbitally bomb them into submission or just send a prior or two and convert away
                              The Genii are everywhere, it would be impossible to wipe them all out. And they are sneaky enough to highjack an Ori ship, reverse engineer the controls, and goto war.

Micheals Brood have a few ships right now and takes a while to become the new dominant power so at this current time it would be easy for the Ori to destroy him
                              No it wouldn't. They'd have to find him first, and when facing a threat of that magnitude, I'm sure he would unite with the Wraith. Michaels improvements to the Wraith, as well as growth in numbers, and technological advancements, could push the war in their favor. The Wraith have the numbers, and with Michael's help, they'll remove their weakness.

Now the Asurans would be some trouble but using the priors and big ass space guns they should be able to beat them conventially and I'm sure the Ori would just give them something to fight them if they still had trouble
                              No.

theres no way the ori could defeat the Asurans. They are essentially the Ancients on a war path.

As for other races in the PG they aren't that advanced so how are they going to fight back?
                              The Tauri weren't advanced and they fought back.

We can't fully power it so how is Atlanits a threat all the Ori have to do is show up with a few ships and oribtally bomb it as we lose power, but I think the drones would get a ship or two
                              We shield the earth either, but they were scared of that.

We have not shown to have off world sites but I get your point but I wonder if the Asgard would still give us everything
                              Without the threat of the Ori in the milkyway, its probable to assume that the IOA would authorize the construction of ships off world. The asgard would kill themselves as their decision had nothing to do with the ori. So yes.

Well lets say that you have been hunted, beaten, and seen your fellow man killed then one day a someone comes saves you and tells you that through the power of the Ori you have been free you wouldn't join them?
                              nope, but i don't trust people.

NOPE
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X