This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nude view a shock, Eva Mendes likes tasteful nudity not violence

The 34-year-old sensation, who jetted in to Australia for the 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty festival, has fired up after her risque appearance in a Calvin Klein fragrance ad was chopped for showing too much of the star.

The commercial features a naked Mendes rolling around on a bed, flashing a little too much cleavage for conservative US audiences.

"I'm completely American, I was born and raised in America and I love it but I think we are too quick to censor nudity," Mendes told fashion editor Jen Melocco.

"Meanwhile, it's OK to blow things up and our films are so violent and our television is so violent," she continued.

"I would rather see tasteful nudity than violence any day of the week."

The Hitch star will hit Sydney on Wednesday, before taking to the red carpet to launch the month of fashion and beauty events.

But party planners should have the Horlicks rather than the bubbly on hand for Mendes, who revealed she thinks life beyond the ruby rug is "usually pretty boring."

"I get to go to these events which are usually pretty boring but what makes it exciting is wearing an amazing gown," she said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...007132,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      Nude view a shock, Eva Mendes likes tasteful nudity not violence

The 34-year-old sensation, who jetted in to Australia for the 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty festival, has fired up after her risque appearance in a Calvin Klein fragrance ad was chopped for showing too much of the star.

The commercial features a naked Mendes rolling around on a bed, flashing a little too much cleavage for conservative US audiences.

"I'm completely American, I was born and raised in America and I love it but I think we are too quick to censor nudity," Mendes told fashion editor Jen Melocco.

"Meanwhile, it's OK to blow things up and our films are so violent and our television is so violent," she continued.

"I would rather see tasteful nudity than violence any day of the week."

The Hitch star will hit Sydney on Wednesday, before taking to the red carpet to launch the month of fashion and beauty events.

But party planners should have the Horlicks rather than the bubbly on hand for Mendes, who revealed she thinks life beyond the ruby rug is "usually pretty boring."

"I get to go to these events which are usually pretty boring but what makes it exciting is wearing an amazing gown," she said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...007132,00.html

I agree with her for the most part.

Such a big double standard exists between sensible use of nudity and violence in movies, and on TV.....

This is the "thread that will not die"
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I wonder how family friendly SGU will be...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I wonder how family friendly SGU will be...
          Well Scifi wnat Stargate Universe to be geared to a slightly younger audience (like Battlestar Galactica) so that means nudity could occur. However i dont think its likely as Brad Wright seems to be scared of nudity. If it was up to Martin Gero i think we would see the occasional nude scene in SGA and SGU.

Comment

I don't think so, having nudity in Stargate may sound nice for some of you in theory, but it would really take down rankings and there aren't many sci-fi plots that need nudity. I mean, unless you are going out of your way to show nudity (which makes no sense) there would be little to no nudity in Stargate, mostly because Stargate doesn't have the right kind of plots for nudity. Do they have time to waste showing people getting dressed or to show sex scenes?

What is and is not socially and politically correct in today's culture as opposed to forty years ago is really fascinating to me. Forty years ago some rear nudity wasn't as big of a deal (Planet of the Apes had it), while most movies back then had a max of ten not-so-bad swearwords and had very little gore when violence occurred. I just think there's no reason to break the mold and have a lot of nudity and lose viewers.

Why do people think Atlantis is more watched than Battlestar Galactica anyway? I'm not saying I think that Battlestar Galactica is better, but lots of people seem to think it is. I think the type of content BSG has hurts it viewer-wise.
            "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
            "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

I don't understand why Americans have such problems with nudity. It doesn't matter to me if there is nudity in the show or not, but i also don't think they should go out of their way to avoid it. If a situation/scene would be better if it contains nudity, then by all means write it in.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                If a situation/scene would be better if it contains nudity, then by all means write it in.
                Do you think the nude scene in COTG makes the episode better?
                My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                  perhaps, either way it had more of in impact than the usual dross TV-land puts out. tbh i was just expecting a slightly updated A-team clone and was pleasantly surprised to find it not that. then it turned into that gradually

perhaps ronan should start saying "I pity the fool!!.......", or "I ain't getting on no puddlejumper!!!"
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

I don't understand why Americans have such problems with nudity.
                    That is how we are in America; we've always been like that.
                    sigpic

Comment

The nudity never bothered me. Now, if it had been a sex scene with nudity, I think that would have been unacceptable on a family TV show, but as for the nudity in CotG, my feeling towards it is, "Its the human body, if you don't like it, get over it!" I can understand not wanting sex scenes, but I can't understand being afraid of the human body.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

I think if that scene from 'COTG' was never added, this topic wouldn't even exist. Do you really ask this question for every show you watch? "Do you think The Office would benefit from nudity?"

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                          I think if that scene from 'COTG' was never added, this topic wouldn't even exist. Do you really ask this question for every show you watch? "Do you think The Office would benefit from nudity?"
                          good work detective, now go solve crimes for the good of your city

the scene is in COTG, therefore we are having the discussion.
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            perhaps, either way it had more of in impact than the usual dross TV-land puts out. tbh i was just expecting a slightly updated A-team clone and was pleasantly surprised to find it not that. then it turned into that gradually
                            Well, I can't disagree the scene had impact, and I can't disagree there's a lot of "dross" on TV. Didn't watch enough A-Team episodes, however, to make a comparison with SG1, but perhaps that's a topic for a new thread. (That is, after all the dead and wounded have been carried off the forum following the SGA cancellation.

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                            I think if that scene from 'COTG' was never added, this topic wouldn't even exist.
                            A point I and others have made previously in this thread. (yawn)
                            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
                              If you were going to chose someone as your mate wouldn't you want to see all of them before making the decision?
                              sigpic

Comment

If you were going to chose someone as your mate wouldn't you want to see all of them before making the decision?
                                Exactly. Apophis was treating Sha're like we would treat a new house before buying it. We would want to see all of the house to see if you like it before buying it. Apophis saw Sha're as nothing more than a object and he was looking at all of her before deciding whether or not she was good enough to host his queen.

Comment

Working...
                                X