This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
    And I see you're completely ignoring my point about how maybe the actors don't want you to see them naked. But I guess their privacy is a luxury, not a right. Correct? We wanna see nudity dammit, so take your clothes off now!
    I should point out that quite afew guest stars on either Stargate SG1 or Stargate Atlantis have appeared naked at one point in their careers. Also im reasonably certain that out of the main actors in Atlantis David Hewlett has appeared naked on screen several times in his career.

No one is asking for actors or actresses to be forced to show skin but if the script calls for it then they hire actors who are willing to do it. Its no different to wanting a Scotish character and only hiring actors who can do a convincing Scotish accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
      you're just putting words in my mouth.
      really?
      Correct? We wanna see nudity dammit, so take your clothes off now!
      like that?

that's not what were asking for!!................ perhaps you should have read the thread from the beginning.

I said nothing about banning nudity
      no, you just want it removed/not in anything you happen to like and damn everybody else.
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

If the creators of the franchise want to take out a scene that they never wanted in the first place...what's the big deal!?

The nudity didn't add to the scene anyway. Some people have said that it shows how evil Apophis is. I'm sorry but be serious. Apophis seems just as evil in the cut version as in the uncut version...showing her breasts didn't make Apophis seem more evil. *rolls eyes*

I for one am excited to see COTG as the creators of the franchise wanted it, not as Showtime wanted it.
        sigpic
        FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
          If the creators of the franchise want to take out a scene that they never wanted in the first place...what's the big deal!?
          perhaps the creators of the show shouldn't have been media whores and sold out to showtime in the first place............... given that they place such a high standard on their supposed morals and 'family' ethics. can i go out and murder someone and in 10 years re-write history and pretend it never happened now............... sweet

and as its showtimes money that made the show, they are the co-creators of the show, without their money, we wouldn't be arguing about it.
          sigpic
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
            can i go out and murder someone and in 10 years re-write history and pretend it never happened now
            Oh please. They're just re-releasing the pilot episode with some changes. They aren't going to go to everyone's house and take back the original COTG episode.
            sigpic
            FOX Network

Comment

Oh please. They're just re-releasing the pilot episode with some changes. They aren't going to go to everyone's house and take back the original COTG episode.

Buit this means for those of us who wish to purchase the series we're going to get an altered version of the pilot. No choice for us...... The choice has been taken out of our hands
              Last edited by Coco Pops; 20 August 2008, 04:53 PM.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i bet you £50 that he wants too though
                sigpic
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                  i bet you £50 that he wants too though
                  You're on.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by NKDietrich View Post
                    Sure, but so very few stories require nudity to achieve the desired effect. Nothing in Stargate really could benefit from it.
                    I have to say that the scenario someone posted a few days ago, where Ronon wakes up to find the place under attack and runs about shooting intruders with abandon, not bothered about getting dressed; that would be an interesting expansion of Ronon as a character. Not necessary, and not the only way his character could be expanded, of course. But if they chose to do something like that, I'd see nothing wrong with it per se.

On another tack, if a character was to be naked because a captor had taken their clothes, if done well it could be a new angle on the old chestnut. I mean, our heroes are always being captured, and often faced with pain and/or death, but seldom faced with humilliation or embarrassment. It might be interesting to see John or Teyla or even Sam or Ronon, all of whom are so composed and sassy when threatened with being wraithed or shot or beaten, struggling to maintain their cool for the sake of a social convention.

Again, not necessary, and there are other ways to heighten tension or raise the stakes, but if such a route were taken and done well, it could add as much to a story as any other take on the Our Heroes Get Taken Prisoner theme.

Enterprise-style "we need to rub each other with antiobiotic slimy stuff, let's strip!" would be rather less welcome

Plus, you can almost always just imply nudity without showing the "naughty" bits, and still get the same effect.
                    Sometimes. Did you see ER, where Neela was walking arond the ER naked, and then she woke up? I didn't get it. I thought she was wearing a flesh-coloured top, or one with thin straps that her hair covered, because they only showed a small slice of shoulder and up from that, and apart from the lack of clothes (which wasn't noticeable enough) there was nothing else to indicate that she was naked (because it was kind of the point, I think, that she was nude and everyone was acting like she wasn't). I hadn't a clue that Neela was walking around in the nip, and so I didn't realise that she was waking up in the next shot; I thought it was just a 'cut to later'. They'd've done better to have shown a bit more (even her back would have helped). It wasn't till I was chatting about the ep afterwards that it was pointed out to me that she was undressed. I watched it again, and it put a whole new slant on the episode.

But in general, yes, you don't need to see the whole kit and caboodle to get the idea
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 22 August 2008, 10:00 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

ben browder

full nudity
                      YES PLEASE

anyway i have no problem with nudity of any kind i find it refreshing when tv shows don't worry about offending anyone with nudity and it would have been intresting to see how it would have been done if SG1 wasn't as family friendly
                      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Did Farscape do nudity? I'm trying to remember.

Zhan was naked once, I remember, can't reemember the context. Chiana was naked, in bed with D'argo who was probably naked too, and sex was involved; but the point of the scene was that john was so self-absorbed that he could walk in on a pair of naked aliens and sit on the bed and talk about his problems without even registering that these naked aliens were shagging. As a window into john's mind, it was effective.

Can't see Atlantis ever trying that one though: I can't think who on the show would fail to notice sex happening. maybe Rodney....

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                          I still don't see any need to see full nudity to show that. We only need to see the upper half of Ronon to see him grab his gun after the shower
                          Oh, we don't quite need full-frontal, but then again, the bulk of the argument against full-frontal comes from the fact that we have a television culture in which full-frontal is almost never shown. Which circles back into the argument about nudity taboos and American culture, which I don't think is the argument you were addressing here.

Of course, now that Atlantis has been cancelled, they could probably have the team streaking through the Gateroom just for kicks and giggles.

It's interesting what our shows will show and what they won't. I especially love the artsy-soft-focus-random-innocuous-body-parts sex scenes that are so popular in American dramas. I have no idea what show it was, but I saw a British sex scene with David Tennant, where you saw less of the actors' bodies, but the motions were much, much more graphic. Nudity ain't everything.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                            Of course, now that Atlantis has been cancelled, they could probably have the team streaking through the Gateroom just for kicks and giggles.
                            Get Torri back for that and I think I could probably die a happy man.

I may be almost 16 years her junior but I can dream
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zabonam View Post
                              Get Torri back for that and I think I could probably die a happy man.

I may be almost 16 years her junior but I can dream

Anyone know hold old Torri is ?

Hey they could come back home from a mission and an anomally in the wormhole strips them of their equipment and clothing
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

there are only like 5 episodes with nudity so does it matter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X