This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about Jack Oneill

Ok, this isnt exactly related to stargate mythos but my girlfriend and I cant figure an explanation.

Alright so in Season 10 of SG1 Richard Dean Anderson makes some guest spots. In these spots he appears to have gained weight...but this isnt the issue. The issue is his voice. Has anyone noticed in S10 his voice sounds..higher pitched? He just doesnt sound right and I cant figure out why!

Its even more confusing because in Atlantis Season 3 his voice is fine and he doesnt appear as overweight despite the fact that the episodes were filmed in the same year.

Like I said, weight isnt the issue but what is going on with his voice!?

Too much heliumbaloons on the company party the day before? More seriously though, it could probably be anything. A cold or something, but as it wasn't the same pitch on Atlantis I doubt it was something that stayed.

Comment

maybe the way they filmed it did something?
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

Higher gravity, time distortions, and magnets. That's always reason.

(I seem to say alot, for someone who has nothing to say.)
        Last edited by Xiphias; 29 March 2008, 06:25 PM. Reason: I talk too much.
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

male menopause?

Go Green

Comment

Puberty??

Comment

one oniell wasn't enough, he was a clone
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

If you watched the UK Skyone version, then you'll hear a higher pitch since they process the film differently, or something.

Comment

For a while he had a serious lung infection, if memory serves. That has a way of altering one's voice. Perhaps the time frames were similar.
                  Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                  http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

lol, His voice is un-breaking..If that is even possible.

VeHQ.NET

Comment

Lung Infection could be it, his voice was wierd on both S10 episodes which I believe were 4-5 episodes apart from each other. I dont recall the time of the Atlantis episode in relation because I didnt watch the shows concurrently.

As for the PAL version. Everyone elses voices were exactly as they always are.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        If you watched the UK Skyone version, then you'll hear a higher pitch since they process the film differently, or something.
                        That was the theory, but he sounds that way on both.

Comment

Oh yeah...I remember that now.

I guess...acting choice, then?

Comment

I also noticed the voice difference in season 10, but I also have noticed that he seems to talk like that all the time (watch earlier interviews) I believe that is his more natural voice. And if you have to sound a certain way, talking in a lower voice and you quit, it is really difficult to begin again.

The voice change that I noticed the most was Sam (Amanda) when she came back from having a baby her voice is so soft now (motherly) it has only began to get back to good old Sam, I first noticed it in Ark of Truth.

Comment

Working...
                            X