This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragos View Post
    Totally agree with you! Should have been 2 episodes, more focus on the Asgard maybe going over the tech that they were giving away.

The depressingness (if that is a word) is great i think beings the episode together showing the hardship of being stuck and of losing a friend.

Do think that the 50-years did need more detail but still found what they did include was amazing, such as the Daniel and Vala bond.

More importantly 100% agree that Jack should have been there for a couple of reasons 1)his character saying good bye to Thor 2)maybe him and Sam could have the same development as Daniel and Vala?? 3)the end of an era he should have been included infact i cant beleve he didnt request to be....
    I agree with you on all three points, but mostly on the second one

Jack being there would have been the perfect ending for the series.
    sigpic

Comment

i dunno

then we would have missed out on teal'c and sams romance, which found interesting (and subtly well played)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i'll take anything over family ties
        I enjoyed this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
          i dunno

then we would have missed out on teal'c and sams romance, which found interesting (and subtly well played)
          I thought that was a stupid thing to do by the actors and writer/director (Coop). Teal'c is the only one who remembers to he shouldn't have been involved in something so serious. As much as it pains me to admit it, they should have played the Sam/Cam romance or leave Sam alone. And another issue - are Sam and Jack together prior to 'Unending'? If they are how can Sam and Teal'c who both are epitomes of loyalty prove to be so disloyal to Jack? If Sam and Jack aren't together prior to 'Unending' then if something happened between Sam and Teal'c, I think Teal'c would try to get closer to Sam afterwards, however after watching AOT it seems Sam favors Cam over Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by dragos View Post

More importantly 100% agree that Jack should have been there for a couple of reasons 1)his character saying good bye to Thor 2)maybe him and Sam could have the same development as Daniel and Vala?? 3)the end of an era he should have been included infact i cant beleve he didnt request to be....
            I agree with the Jack and Thor issues because there's been such an interesting fascination between them, but I don't know if I'd go for a whole episode of Daniel/Vala stuff and Jack/Sam stuff. Two of them going through it would be too soap opera-like, plus they've done the "look, here's Jack and Sam kissing- OH RESET!" thing soooo many times that it would just seem trite.

I think limiting it to just Daniel and Vala was much better because we hadn't seen any sort of relationship development for Daniel in a whole bunch of years, and I enjoyed seeing Sam doing things and not tied down with relationship stuff. It seems like for a while there, the only things they wanted to go on about with Sam is technobabble and who she should be sleeping with. I liked seeing other sides of Sam as a person. Having Jack on the ship there with them would have had to push the issues to the forefront again just to be erased, and we might not have gotten to see her play the cello or some of her questioning.
            sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

[QUOTE=heliosphere;7913343]I agree with the Jack and Thor issues because there's been such an interesting fascination between them, but I don't know if I'd go for a whole episode of Daniel/Vala stuff and Jack/Sam stuff. Two of them going through it would be too soap opera-like, plus they've done the "look, here's Jack and Sam kissing- OH RESET!" thing soooo many times that it would just seem trite.

Do kinda agree with you there actually, now i think about it might have been a bit too much.

The point of the "interesting facination" between Thor and Jack was exactly what i was thinking, he could have offered so much to that episode.

Just think it would have been so fitting to have him in the last episode tho, does anyone know if there was originally any talk of actually having him in it?

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                I agree with the Jack and Thor issues because there's been such an interesting fascination between them, but I don't know if I'd go for a whole episode of Daniel/Vala stuff and Jack/Sam stuff. Two of them going through it would be too soap opera-like, plus they've done the "look, here's Jack and Sam kissing- OH RESET!" thing soooo many times that it would just seem trite.

I think limiting it to just Daniel and Vala was much better because we hadn't seen any sort of relationship development for Daniel in a whole bunch of years, and I enjoyed seeing Sam doing things and not tied down with relationship stuff. It seems like for a while there, the only things they wanted to go on about with Sam is technobabble and who she should be sleeping with. I liked seeing other sides of Sam as a person. Having Jack on the ship there with them would have had to push the issues to the forefront again just to be erased, and we might not have gotten to see her play the cello or some of her questioning.
                I agree completely with all of that.

Regarding, Family Times, I may be the only person on here, I think, who liked it a lot. I guess it's mostly because I love Fred Willard and thought he was hilarious in his role. There seems to be a theme of people hating when comedians appear on the show. I thought it was classic, though.

And on point, I definitely think that (if they didn't go the route of Landry AND Jack) that it was better having it just Landry. To me, it would be the same thing as replacing Mitchell with Jack. The new cast configuration had taken over the reigns of the show in Seasons 9 and 10, so it wouldn't have been right to toss them aside, even for Jack in my opinion.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                X