This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith - second class enemies?

Is it just me, or do the wraith come off as second class enemies?

The Goa'uld inspired terror, wraith are just creepy.
    The Goa'uld had shiny geometrical ships, wraith have huge and slow organic ghettos.
    The Goa'uld seemed like the unbeatable rulers of the galaxy. The Wraith seem to be the noisy neighbours that yell at eachother all the time and will get evicted any day now.
    Even the Jaffa look more threatening than the wraith grunts.

The queens are tough though. Can't compare queens to the likes of Lord Yu, for example
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Originally posted by xSFx View Post

The Goa'uld had shiny geometrical ships, wraith have huge and slow organic ghettos.
    The Goa'uld seemed like the unbeatable rulers of the galaxy. The Wraith seem to be the noisy neighbours that yell at eachother all the time and will get evicted any day now.

The queens are tough though. Can't compare queens to the likes of Lord Yu, for example
    I think you got it all backwards.

The wraith are terrifying
    Hive ships are huge and would give a Goa'uld mothership a run for its money.
    The wraith are a much tougher enemy, they did beat the Ancients,
    I'ld rather take on a Jaffa then a wraith grunter anyday.
    Yu is a pussy cat compared to a wraith queen.

Comment

Hmmm interesting You are right
      The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Karhedron
      I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        I think you got it all backwards.

That's the general idea, but the thing is that they don't really look that terrifying, they look more like a bad joke (the wraith)
        Spoiler:
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
          That's the general idea, but the thing is that they don't really look that terrifying, they look more like a bad joke (the wraith)
          Apophus? Terrifying?

Camp more like.

Bare in mind that the wraith look naturally monstrous, feed off your life essence and are capable of creating opitical illusions to scare the crap out of you in the forests....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or do the wraith come off as second class

Chrisisall
            Late to the Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Apophus? Terrifying?

Camp more like.

Bare in mind that the wraith look naturally monstrous, feed off your life essence and are capable of creating opitical illusions to scare the crap out of you in the forests....
              Well, I'm more a SG-1 fan than a SGA fan
              Spoiler:

Comment

Not when you're in a 304.
                What made the Goa'uld so scary was the fact that all we had was P90's and MALPs.

Now we can always hide behind the shield, inside a 304 or run back to Momma White.

The Goa'uld mothership would be halfway across the galaxy before the Wraith even exit the local star system.

The pansies in the PG don't count as _The_ Ancients. =)

Why?
                Jaffa kill, wraiths stun ;p

Yu was also crazy.. but put a real system lord with all his fancy toys (shield, palm weapon, etc) against a Queen and it won't be a good mark in the wraith's record.
                Goa'uld do have "the strength of many men" =)
                sigpic
                Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                  Well, I'm more a SG-1 fan than a SGA fan
                  As am I. And I don't particularly like the Wraith as enemies... well, I didn't until Todd. But I'm also especially good at placing myself into theoretical situations, guaging what I could stand up to and what would leave me feeling scared.

The idea of being sucked dry is more terriying than being killed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    As am I. And I don't particularly like the Wraith as enemies... well, I didn't until Todd. But I'm also especially good at placing myself into theoretical situations, guaging what I could stand up to and what would leave me feeling scared.

The idea of being sucked dry is more terriying than being killed.
                    I'm an old style man, I like more the idee that killing the enemy is better that sucking his life.
                    And another thing, that Todd guy, I like him, interesting wraith different then the other killing-machine wraith
                    Spoiler:

Comment

While the idea of the Goa'uld is scary...the symbiote thing and all...their technology and presence are more impressive than scary. The Goa'uld have attitude, but don't really provoke terror. The Wraith, on the other hand, would be terrifying even if they never spoke; the fact that they do, and are so intelligent, makes them one of the better bad guys I've seen.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Ther both petty bad but the wraith have numbers while Goa'uld have tec.
                        The question you need to ask yourself is would you rather have you life suck out or be taken over as a host or a slave. there is Ori.
                        General Trimpe (The Monkey King)

Comment

IMO.The idea of being feed on is very terrifing though. That idea plays on some basic human fears, something feeding on you and the fact that they look like you but they are not you is also terrifing. Besides id rather die at the hands of a Jafa then have my life sucked from me.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The Wraith on a military scale IMO are second class enemies now that micheal has entered the picture.

But on a total bada** scale the Wraith take the cake with great ease.

But interesting topic

Comment

Guaould were all dressed like liberace, wraith dress like the matrix. Wrait = win!

Comment

Working...
                              X