Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan Fillion and Chris Barrie. Sounds good to me. Chris has to be completely British though just like in Red Dwarf.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
      They could do crossover eps with Atlantis & Universe and we'd get to see Nathan & Jewel on screen together again - THAT - would be cool!
      Nah. I prefer giving SGU a completely separate entity.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I love Firefly and love Nathan Fillion as an actor. I think he would fit in pretty well with SG in the RDA/Sheppard mold. I kinda doubt that it'd happen, both due to TPTB and Fillion himself, but if it could happen that would be *awesome*.
        I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

I think that's a brilliant idea!

Added bonus, he's Canadian so he would likely jump at the chance to work closer to home.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
            I guess you could say I've only recently become a real fan of Stargate, and ever since I've been watching it (seen all of SG1 & 3 seasons of Atlantis) I've been thinking how awesome it would be to have Nathan Fillion in Stargate - and then I stumbled across the fact that a 3rd series is being developed - I can't think of a better lead than Nathan - he's perfect - he does the humor thing better than anyone (although I do admit RDA is pretty darn cool!), and at the same time he can take on any serious emotions the role might require - the man can portray deep emotions with just the teeniest of facial expression changes - he's amazing - and fun ...so...who's with me? Nathan Fillion for Stargate Universe!?
            Oh, I'd love to see him guest star, or be a recurring character, in a Stargate series...but I don't know that I'd want to see him lead again, unless it was a very different character than Mal. And considering the SG pattern so far, he'd likely be too close to Mal for comfort to me if he was a lead. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a scientist/doctor/historian/alien leader/etc. though...can't have enough Nathan.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I would love to see Nathan on the third series. And have been entertaining the notion for quite a long time of what it would be like. Him and Jamie Bamber are my top two 'known actors' to have on there. With Nathan obviously the one being in charge.

Comment

I'm very prejudiced, and, I'm willing to admit it. But the kind of series I would love, would be one where the bad guy is the lead. So, it would be Cliff Simon for me. Ba'al loses his symbiote and has to work on regaining his humanity, or Ba'al doesn't lose his symbiote, but does learn to come to terms with himself and work toward being a better person.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I would love to see Nathan Fillion in almost anything. I also think he would fit into the Stargate universe quite well because he can do humour, drama, and action so naturally. However, I agree that Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds shares a lot of the same qualities as Sheppard, O'Neill, and Mitchell....and because of that, I, personally, would have a hard time thinking of him as anyone BUT Mal. I'd be willing to try, though!!

Dang! I miss Firefly AND SG-1...and Farscape....why do all my favourites get canceled?

Comment

That'd be awesome. And Fox won't be the broadcasting company so SGU probably won't get cancelled before the end of the first season!

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                      That'd be awesome. And Fox won't be the broadcasting company so SGU probably won't get cancelled before the end of the first season!
                      Yeah, Sci-fi just cancels shows without giving the writers enough warning to wrap up loose ends! Suppose I can't complain, though, since their doing so got me a Farscape mini-series and two SG-1 DVD movies!!

Comment

Not sure how expensive he would be...
                        His last TV series lasted maybe 6 episodes?

I'm not talking about FireFly either... I'm talking about Drive.

I thought it was actually good and canceled to early.

Comment

I can't see him being that expensive, I'm pretty sure Stargate has a bigger budget than Firefly did...

Comment

I don't think so. Rumor has it that Firefly cost 4 million per episode.

But then again, I've got no sources to back me up.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I don't think so. Rumor has it that Firefly cost 4 million per episode.

But then again, I've got no sources to back me up.
                              It was a pretty shiny budget for TV, but that sounds a might steep. Can't find any official numbers though. But it was bigger than Stargate at any rate.

Browncoatisall
                              Late to the Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
                                It was a pretty shiny budget for TV, but that sounds a might steep. Can't find any official numbers though. But it was bigger than Stargate at any rate.

Browncoatisall
                                I also can't think if I ever read specifics on the budget, but my understanding was that Firefly (being on a major network and not cable), had a bigger budget than Stargate has. As to Nathan's asking price, I couldn't say. Maybe IMDB has it. Every once in a while it is listed under an actor's bio there.

Comment

Working...
                                X