This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rocks

You know I am currently watching 3 seasons of SG1 at the same time on Sci Fi as well as 2 seasons of Atlantis, and it occured to me that Stargate rocks. Even the not so good episodes get better as you watch them again. I think SG1 and Atlantis are the most rewatchable SCi FI ever. Even though I love Star Trek as well, I get fed up with rewatching a lot of episodes, but not Stargate. I know they don't always get it right on Stargate, but I still really enjoy it no matter what. Anyone else agree?

totally Stargate rocks!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
      You know I am currently watching 3 seasons of SG1 at the same time on Sci Fi as well as 2 seasons of Atlantis, and it occured to me that Stargate rocks. Even the not so good episodes get better as you watch them again. I think SG1 and Atlantis are the most rewatchable SCi FI ever. Even though I love Star Trek as well, I get fed up with rewatching a lot of episodes, but not Stargate. I know they don't always get it right on Stargate, but I still really enjoy it no matter what. Anyone else agree?
      it does rock

Hallowed is the Stargate
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

*raises had* The fact that you can rewatch the episodes (apart from one or two) is one of the reasons that Stargate has been as sucsesful as it has. It's a lot to do with the great atmospheres and dynamics that are created, they hit home every time you watch. With some other shows, they are walking around great sets but all that is happening is them tell us what's happening. Stargate is so much more character orientated than other sci-fi shows, without get to serious such as shows like Heroes and Lost.
        Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by ebethman
        Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
        Originally posted by Bray
        *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
          *raises had* The fact that you can rewatch the episodes (apart from one or two) is one of the reasons that Stargate has been as sucsesful as it has. It's a lot to do with the great atmospheres and dynamics that are created, they hit home every time you watch.
          Yes, re-watchabllity is the key- you know it's good and layered and textured if you wanna come back to the same episodes again and again.

Atlantianisall
          Late to the Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
            First years of SG-1, yes, they rock.
            First year of Atlantis, yes, it's kinda enjoyable to a certain extent.
            Season 2, enters the suckage.

You're basically going through the best of both shows. SG-1 will have more rocking seasons to provide, but it won't take long imho, when comparing both shows, to see that SGA is, well... I just hope you'll enjoy it much much more than I did.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              First year of Atlantis, yes, it's kinda enjoyable to a certain extent.
              Season 2, enters the suckage.
              And thus Mister Oragahn unknowingly sparked an SF Non-Truth-Paradox...
              The days ahead would be filled with wormhole vortexes and lightning, and no amount of praying or squeals for forgiveness would save Orag, the carbon unit's soul ever lost to the dimension where Manimal & the last season of Sliders play end-to-end with not even a commercial to break it up. We will weep for MO, as poor taste is no one's fault- though the Gods themselves give no SGA hater quarter....

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all weekisall
              Late to the Gate

Comment

Stargate is very entertaining.

gotta love those guys for loving my show!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
                  And thus Mister Oragahn unknowingly sparked an SF Non-Truth-Paradox...
                  The days ahead would be filled with wormhole vortexes and lightning, and no amount of praying or squeals for forgiveness would save Orag, the carbon unit's soul ever lost to the dimension where Manimal & the last season of Sliders play end-to-end with not even a commercial to break it up. We will weep for MO, as poor taste is no one's fault- though the Gods themselves give no SGA hater quarter....

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all weekisall
                  *gasp* you wouldn't . . . would you. . . the problems with the UN is easily surpased but there must be somthing in you that just says that it is wrong.

Although you are right. Sesson two significantly changed the style of Atlantis for the better.
                  Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by ebethman
                  Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                  Originally posted by Bray
                  *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
                    *gasp* you wouldn't . . . would you. . . the problems with the UN is easily surpased but there must be somthing in you that just says that it is wrong.
                    Don't look at me- the Gods will do this...personally I consider it torture, and as such, unacceptable.

NotaGitmofanisall
                    Late to the Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      totally Stargate rocks!
                      it does rock.

Comment

Stargate rocks so much it's the only thing I stay in for on tuesday nights, in fact it's the only thing that I regularly watch.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

yes i agree it rocks hallowed is stargate
                          sigpic

now when you wake up like this in the morning you know you've had a good night

Comment

Working...
                          X