Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the asgard didnt do was keep their orginal bodies when they started cloning, if they done just that then the cloning problem wouldnt be an issue since the orignal bodies kept their genectic make up and dna
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
      Maybe the Asgard never invented something like that. Afterall, the Ancients never invented the "beam" transporters whereas the Asgard did. Plus, I'm sure the DNA of an Asgard is much more complicated than that of a human's and thus, harder to work on.

Vala,
      I wouldn't say more complicated, but different -- I doubt those machines all ready made wouldn't work for them.

But I think the ancients did invent beam technology, sort of. I consider the rings being the first step in "ringless beaming technology" as in, the rings hold and rebuild the cells the way they were, and but with the ringless beam tech, it does it...without rings. lol

Originally posted by wise one View Post
      what the asgard didnt do was keep their orginal bodies when they started cloning, if they done just that then the cloning problem wouldnt be an issue since the orignal bodies kept their genectic make up and dna
      Which brings up an issue, why did they start cloning in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
        Which brings up an issue, why did they start cloning in the first place?
        Remember when Heimdall said "Through cloning we've managed to achieve a measure of immortality"? The most likely answer is that the same individual could exist forever, at least in one way or another.

Vala,

Comment

If the Asgard mind is powerful enough to take over a computer system, like Thor did, who is to say they don't have enough mental capacity to over power a Gou'ald mind.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            Maybe the Asgard never invented something like that. Afterall, the Ancients never invented the "beam" transporters whereas the Asgard did. Plus, I'm sure the DNA of an Asgard is much more complicated than that of a human's and thus, harder to work on.

Vala,
            And who is to say they did not already try that..

Comment

Using a Tok'ra to heal their problems. Do you think it would work? And imagine what the Tok'ra would learn....it would be amazing!

What you think? Should they have tried it?
              no! IMO, a symbiote, and an asgard would not go good at all, idk, it just wouldnt work out for me.
              I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
                The only thing that they didnt try was "humping"
                They no longer have the requisite "equipment"

Thor did say in Unending that everything that could be done was tried already. I assume this included using the body of the early Asgard that Heimdall was studying as a template. Seriously I don't know why they didn't consider building their own andriod bodies. With their level of technology I'm sure they could have done it. They already have the ability to upload their minds into computer systems.

Comment

Maybe the asgard couldnt lower themselves to become in effect an atificial lifeform or android, they were biological, who over thousands and thousands of years had developed/evolved into what they were, and when in the past thry were threated with disiese, they developed cloning, getting rid of any genetics that caused it, then refined other areas like, brain size, hungry control, digestive system, enhanced senses. In the end it could be genetic traits that make anyone different was the one thing they should have kept, afterall the code they used had degraded so much, it wasnt lasting longer than a few weeks in the end and, then it nature developed a virus, that they no longer had the bodies to beat.

So becoming robot wasnt somthing they wanted, or planned to do, dispite the fact they could have done it and then be truly immortal.

They choose suicide on mass, but gave what they had to the 5th race (the next series should be set in the oda galaxy, afterall their has to be ships, and other races in it, who didnt like the asgard and vise versa).

In the end cloning was a solutuion that helped for thousands of years, but was the downfall off them.

Becoming a robot isnt somthing they would have done, heck they even tried to fuse human dna into their clone mix, to make it more vible in the long run, that didnt work.

Long live the asgard, long live THOR (a 3 foot of grey alien arse kicking machine!)

Comment

i think using a tok'ra might work, and imagine how cool the voice would sound when the symbiote talked...
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Working...
                    X