This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible?

Is it possible for there to be an Evil Ancient? Or are they all good? What do you guys think? What about the Asgard? I know in "Fragile Balance", Loki wasn't really good, but was he evil? Any thoughts?

There is no such thing as an universal good or an universal evil, because it all depends on the culture you live in.

Anyways in the eyes of the Ascendent Ancients persons who interfere with 'lower' life forms are evil, since they break with the highest of their laws. But it sure would be funny to see an evil Ancient. ;-)
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well, an evil ancient could cause some problems...
      I guess Loki wasn't really evil, he was only doing the logic thing to save his people - trying to find a solution to the cloning problem.
      And if you have a closer look at the experiaments, the "originals" wer not harmed at all. The slept one week but after that the were ok.
      Only a problem for the clones... That's bad enough because they were really thinking beeings, humans exactly, created only to die after a short time.
      So Lokis only fault was not to help these clones to survive. He could have placed them on another planet after eraising their memories, couldn't he?
      www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

I believe that most people are good at heart. It only one or two people to make a bad impression on others. The majority of the Acients are good people. A few are a rotten.

Does it take one rotten apple to make the whole barrel rotten? (Just a thought on this subject, it might make it clearer to some.)

Comment

Dude. That's an easy question. All sentient beings who choose to view things in a polar perspective, have the potential to be "good" or" bad."

Comment

Euhm, evil ascended...wasn't that what Anubis was for ?
            But you never know.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

My point exactly. So it would be with good and evil Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                Euhm, evil ascended...wasn't that what Anubis was for ?
                But you never know.
                Maybe Anubis was an Ancient that was taken as host by the Gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  Maybe Anubis was an Ancient that was taken as host by the Gou'ald.
                  Where do you people come up with these crazy ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                    Is it possible for there to be an Evil Ancient? What about the Asgard?
                    Of course it's possible...
                    However, most of these "evil/corrupt" Ancients would probably be dealt with most swiftly and severely (un-ascended, destroyed, or whatever), especially if they attempt to launch an attack against the physical world.
                    In other words, they probably just wouldn't last for very long.
                    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

In short: Yes.

Yes, it is possible.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

well considering that most of the ascended are ancients, i would guess they are all good at heart. But even if there was a bad one wouldn't all of them just banish him. As for the asguard lol i don't know, their all little grey people, i gues theres like one really evil one. But who knows

Comment

I don't think the Ascended Ancients are intrinsicly good. So that's easy.

Yes. It's possible.

Comment

Don't forget that the planet in "Ascension" was destroyed by the ascended ones. They are neither good or evil, by our terms of reference. They are way too advanced. Oma Desala is, after all, a rogue, shunned by the rest for interfering.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              Oma Desala is, after all, a rogue, shunned by the rest for interfering.
                              And there is an argument to be made that Oma isn't the lovely angelic good person either...

Comment

Working...
                              X